Rudie

QVIS Apollo DVR Problem

Hi,

I have a BT Hub 3 and can connect to the dvr internally via the local network but when i try and conect to it via the apollo app, i get a 'time is out' error message.

i have port forwarded 80 to the dvr ip address. port 80 is open. but not sure what i need to do to make the dvr accessible from outside?

thanks in advance.

What IP are you using to access it remotely? Do you have a Static or Dynamic ip address? If dynamic did you set up a dynamic dns service? If not this topic, and how to set it up, is well covered on this forum.

Hi,

I have tried to access it remotely by the dynamic ip address but have also registered a dyndns name and got the same error. Don't have a static ip address. Is there something missing?

Forgot to add, dvr uses ports 37777 and 37778, do I need to add these anywhere?

hi yes you need to also add the ports listed.

hub 3 dont worry about using a ddns service..... most of the time its not needed ....... your ip may only change twice a year.

So do I just duplicate what I added for port 80? Point Ports 37777 and 37778 to the dvr ip address?

Ok have created udp and tcp entries for ports 37777 and port 37778 and assigned to the mac address (so as well as the web service on port 80 pointing to dvr I have 4 more entries)

Canyouseeme website sees port 80 and 37777 open but not port 37778. When I log onto web address I get the web service interface I get the cams 1 to 8 on left hand side, when I select the mainstream of any, using firefox I get the Q for QuickTime and nothing more, with google chrome I get the same...anyone suggest anything pls?

Also to note, on the dvr, i got http on port 80, tcp on port 37777 and udp on port 37778. There is a ddns section which is empty on the dvr, is this right?

But it's the same with iPhone apps, they can't connect. I installed active x on IE but only QuickTime for firefox and chrome, or are u saying there is an active x for firefox n chrome?

Do I need to open another port other than 80 for safari and iPhone apps to access the cameras?

hi, i have anohter qvis dvr, but this one only has:

MEDIA PORT: 34567

HTTP PORT: 80

in the network section.

i have added the port mapping:

TCP/UDP ext port: 80 int port: 80 int host: 192.168.1.10

TCP/UDP ext port: 34567 int port: 34567 int host: 192.168.1.10

TCP/UDP ggering:trigger start port: 34567 trigger end port: 34567

open start port: 34567 open end port: 34567

ports 80 and 34567 are open using canyouseeme.org

error i get is 'time is out'.

please advise...

Hi, it's iddms lite. It works for my other CCTV on port 37777 usin a different qvis dvr, but this qvis DVR only has port 34567. I have tried changing it with no luck. Works fine via web on port 80 though.

Hi. Although both of your units are qvis. You will find

Both have different operating systems . Your second one

Sounds like you need to run the a tech app

And not the saguaro app

Just tried MEye and it says Buffering and just stays on that. Does that mean the dvr isn't configured properly?