buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

I picked up the PT-02820MP 2.8mm, F2.0 Mega Pixel CCTV Board Lens as the 3.6 was sold out at the time. Pleased with the picture, but severe loss of image at the corners and sides due to the lens not being long enough. I'll probably add some tape around the lens edge to remove the IR bleed and live with it, but definately looks like you're looking through a tunnel. I tried backing out the lens to make up the distance, but lost way too much focus.

Ordered the 3.6 when they came back in stock and will try that when it arrives in case it's a bit longer than the 2.8mm one. I'd rather the tunnel look over the 6mm that came with the camera as it much too high of a focus for what I need.

I'm still having issues with the IR cut filter kicking in on one of the cameras. Happens to be the camera that I didn't swap out the lens on. Last time I waved a magnet at it and it fixed it right up. I tried doing the same thing earlier on today but it didn't seem to have taken it this time. I'll try it again tomorrow but I'm looking at sending it back for repair. Before I wasn't sure if it was the Christmas lights across the street that had to do anything with the IR filter not kicking in.

In the front of my home, the Dahua does not go into night mode because of the street light across the street, yet there really isn't enough light. What I do is set the day/night mode to a schedule, so by 7PM it's in night mode regardless of what the camera thinks.

In the front of my home, the Dahua does not go into night mode because of the street light across the street, yet there really isn't enough light. What I do is set the day/night mode to a schedule, so by 7PM it's in night mode regardless of what the camera thinks.

Yeah, I guess I could try that. But really the problem that the camera is having is not seeing the IR. Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I have two cameras criss-crossing, so I know for a fact that this camera in question is def. not seeing the IR that the other camera is shooting out.

For anyone that cares, these cameras are rated to -10C. Last night the temperature here dipped to -21C and my seven cameras operated fine.

You far from the border? I get things shipped to a store with parcel service on the US side and bring things back myself every now and then if it's not worth the extra shipping and brokerage costs for immediate delivery. No troubles at the spot I use if it sits there for a few weeks or more before pickup. You'll probably need to set up a personal mail box number for the site you use. USPS requires a PMB # for deliveries to places like that now, and from what I've been told you're better off to use that number even if your package ships through FedEx or another courier because sometimes part of the journey goes through the USPS.

You far from the border? I get things shipped to a store with parcel service on the US side and bring things back myself every now and then if it's not worth the extra shipping and brokerage costs for immediate delivery. No troubles at the spot I use if it sits there for a few weeks or more before pickup. You'll probably need to set up a personal mail box number for the site you use. USPS requires a PMB # for deliveries to places like that now, and from what I've been told you're better off to use that number even if your package ships through FedEx or another courier because sometimes part of the journey goes through the USPS.

I'm in Halifax so I'm quite a ways away from the border sadly.

Got my 4.2mm's from M12lenses last week and installed them. Work great. They actually turned out better than the 3.6mm for my application, as I didn't need quite as wide as the 3.6 angle. I'll post pictures once I get them mounted.

How did you get the 3 allen head screws out of the rear of the camera. Mine seem glued in place. I didn't have this problem with the Dahua version, but the Q-See seems permanent.

How did you get the 3 allen head screws out of the rear of the camera. Mine seem glued in place. I didn't have this problem with the Dahua version, but the Q-See seems permanent.

Odd. I didn't have any issues swapping out the lenses in Q-See cameras. Used an Allen wrench

Just used a screwdriver with a hex bit. No issues with three of the ones I did.

That cam's got a CS mount lens? Pretty unusual, but there you go.

You should be able to pop the dome off and adjust the lens zoom and focus rings. There will typically be either little lock screws sticking out, or knurled rings that you can turn.

The manual should have details on this.

I had to send in the camera with the IR cut filter not working problem. Q-See received and shipped out the the camera the same day. Not sure if they repair or replaced it. I'll get it monday. Customer service was pretty easy to deal with.

That is good service, good to know.

Yeah, I thought so also. Their website seems to work pretty well. I was able to upload sample pictures that I had so that tech could see. Email trail saved to your account. Free shipping both ways.

lowpro,

Did you send back to Q-See a camera you had swapped lenses on? If so, did you replace the original prior to returning? I have a camera that is having "sticking" problems that I installed a 3.6mm Megapixel lens into (from M12), and I'm curious how Q-See customer support responds if the lens has been replaced.

I have the same problem with the IR not working. I reset it, and it works for a while then goes out. Seems like a problem here with the cameras.

That cam's got a CS mount lens? Pretty unusual, but there you go.

You should be able to pop the dome off and adjust the lens zoom and focus rings. There will typically be either little lock screws sticking out, or knurled rings that you can turn.

The manual should have details on this.

Thanks mate, got it

lowpro,

Did you send back to Q-See a camera you had swapped lenses on? If so, did you replace the original prior to returning? I have a camera that is having "sticking" problems that I installed a 3.6mm Megapixel lens into (from M12), and I'm curious how Q-See customer support responds if the lens has been replaced.

No, it was the only camera that I had not done anything to. Still had the stock 6mm lens in. I would imagine that they would consider the warranty voided if they see that you went in there and messed with it.

I'll be getting the package later. I'll let you guys know if it is the same camera or if it is a replacement.