buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

I was hoping someone would try out the $14 lens and I could get a couple if they worked. Everyone bought all of them up before I could get any.......Next time no sharing my links

207562_1.png

The above is the FACTORY 6mm lens.

207562_2.png

The above is the 3.6mm MegaPixel $14 Lens.

I was hoping someone would try out the $14 lens and I could get a couple if they worked. Everyone bought all of them up before I could get any.......Next time no sharing my links

Here you go. Jack posted these in the previous page.

Well I received my lenses yesterday from M12lenses. FL to CA in 4 days via USPS. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to swap some of them out.

Downside; looks like the 1st camera that I installed for some reason isn't seeing the IR at night. I have two cameras crisscrossing cross the front yard, about 55ft away from each other, so I can definitely see (from the 2nd camera) that the camera in question is throwing out IR, but isn't seeing it. If I remember correctly, It worked fine for about 2 weeks or so. I'll have to go back and check now.

No, but they're fairly common in cheapish cameras. Indoor cctv box cameras tend to be CS mount. Some el cheapo cams you can't replace the lens at all.

the camera in question is throwing out IR, but isn't seeing it. If I remember correctly.

The IR cut filter is behind the lens and may have gotten stuck, had it happen to even fancier cameras like Foscams Sometimes unplugging them and plugging them back in resets it, sometimes a good slap works. If that doesn't work, check with Q-See (my assumption here), they are under warranty.

the camera in question is throwing out IR, but isn't seeing it. If I remember correctly.

The IR cut filter is behind the lens and may have gotten stuck, had it happen to even fancier cameras like Foscams Sometimes unplugging them and plugging them back in resets it, sometimes a good slap works. If that doesn't work, check with Q-See (my assumption here), they are under warranty.

I was a bit too busy at work today to do some research. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned waving a magnet in front of the lens. Would that work in my case?

I've pulled the cat5 out from behind the nvr, still the same. The unit also reboots everyday at midnight, still the same or stays in day mode because of the porch light. Yes, in the past the camera had gone into night mode even with the light on. And when it doesn't I would force the camera into night mode by turning off the porch light.

Swapped in a 3.6mm megapixel lens in today. I also waved a magnet at my other camera that wasn't seeing the IR at night time. Well, the magnet got it to work now. I'll post some pictures when I come back from dinner.

Pardon my front yard...Currently in the process of landscaping.

This is the 3.6mm Non MegaPixel lens from DX.

208034_1.png

This is the 3.6 MegaPixel lens from M12lenses.

208034_2.png

I'm still seeing some of the corners cut off a bit. I'm thinking that I'll also have to go back and re-focus? Some things look more in focus with the non-megapixel lens. What do you guys think? Worth the effort? It's not like you just unscrew the front of the camera off.

Btw, did I export these the correct way? I logged into PSS and searched for the above timestamps. I then took a "snapshot". Is that the best quality out of it? Did I need to do it from the NVR instead?

I was a bit too busy at work today to do some research. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned waving a magnet in front of the lens. Would that work in my case?

I've pulled the cat5 out from behind the nvr, still the same. The unit also reboots everyday at midnight, still the same or stays in day mode because of the porch light. Yes, in the past the camera had gone into night mode even with the light on. And when it doesn't I would force the camera into night mode by turning off the porch light.

As far as I know the factory default set the camera reboot at 2:00am by auto maintenance.

According to Costco's website it says they have an audio input with the ones that come with the NVR. Is that true?

No audio, you may have misread. This is what it says on the Costco website (3 times) -

• NVR supports one audio channel (audio cameras or microphones not included)

• Video: 1 HDMI Output, 1 VGA output, 1 BNC output/Audio: 1BNC (Audio mic/cameras not included)

Audio: 1BNC (Audio mic/cameras not included)

No audio, you may have misread. This is what it says on the Costco website (3 times) -

• NVR supports one audio channel (audio cameras or microphones not included)

• Video: 1 HDMI Output, 1 VGA output, 1 BNC output/Audio: 1BNC (Audio mic/cameras not included)

Audio: 1BNC (Audio mic/cameras not included)

So the NVR will accept 1 audio input from a camera that supports audio input?

I don't understand the specs, maybe you attach the mic to the NVR, maybe it takes audio input from a single Dahua camera that has audio in/out like the audio input jack on the IPC-HFW3200C. Maybe Q-See's website has a manual for the NVR you can read in advance and see how it's setup.

Anyone see any technical problems with the 4.2mm lenses (from M12) and these cameras? The FOV difference between the 3.6mm (85deg) and the 4.2mm (71deg) isn't that big.

For all my Canadian peeps!!!!!!!

As per the Costco Winter Savings Guide:

From Jan 28th to Feb 10th 2013 Select QSee Security Systems are up to $300 off online only!!!

They better have the HD ones on sale or I'll get medieval on someones @ss!

I wonder if all our Emails to them had something to do with this??

And Happy New Years!!!!

As costco only offers a 4 channel 4 camera system and I need 8, Could I set up two of these DVR systems in order to get my 8 camera coverage I am looking for?

I want to be able to watch 4 cameras at a time on my tv at high resolution. I suppose I would never be able to connect two systems under the same software. But could i set two systems, then output each to a separate HDMi on my TV?get 8 at a time, I would have to switch between HDMi inputs on my TV to watch though.

Any thoughts? Also I have to run baluns for HDMI to my Tv Inputs because the DVR will be in a storage room not next to the TV and unable to run HDMi cable. Big signal loss issue?

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100003211.html

As costco only offers a 4 channel 4 camera system and I need 8, Could I set up two of these DVR systems in order to get my 8 camera coverage I am looking for?

I want to be able to watch 4 cameras at a time on my tv at high resolution. I suppose I would never be able to connect two systems under the same software. But could i set two systems, then output each to a separate HDMi on my TV?get 8 at a time, I would have to switch between HDMi inputs on my TV to watch though.

Any thoughts? Also I have to run baluns for HDMI to my Tv Inputs because the DVR will be in a storage room not next to the TV and unable to run HDMi cable. Big signal loss issue?

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100003211.html

A single 8 channel system will be much easier to manage, but dual 4 channels gives a bit of redundancy, so if one system fails, you don't lose all your camera capability.

For the TV, you might need a powered HDMI extender, depending on the length you're talking about.

Another option would be to use a mini-PC with IP Cam Viewer to get the signal right off the network, like the one reviewed here:

http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1049

This would be independent of your NVRs, so you could choose whatever selection of cams to view that you wanted. IP Cam Viewer Pro is very flexible that way.

I'm considering this Costco deal (NVR+ 4 cams) to add to my existing IP cams but have a few questions that I could not answer by browsing the owners manual.

1. Has anyone verified that the SMTP email SSL actually works for gmail?

2. Are the IR light very visible at night?

3. Has anyone verified that an email notification can contain a jpeg snapshot of the event?

4. Can a motion event be set up to reocrd to the NVR and send a email jpeg for the same event?

5. Can a motion event recorded video have a pre-trigger buffer time?

6. If I remotely log into the NVR(multi view) or a single camera is there a Live view setting so that the cams are not streaming(my internet bandwidth is low). Meaing they record to the NVR at Hi-res but for Live view its a still image.

Thanks.

... dual 4 channels gives a bit of redundancy, so if one system fails, you don't lose all your camera capability.

At $100 per NVR, they are about as cheap as the PoE switch they replace, and the redundancy is a nice feature as well. Sometimes thieves look for and take the NVR. What are the odds they will take two NVRs if located in different parts of a building?

Best,

Christopher

At $100 per NVR, they are about as cheap as the PoE switch they replace, and the redundancy is a nice feature as well. Sometimes thieves look for and take the NVR. What are the odds they will take two NVRs if located in different parts of a building?

Best,

Christopher

Haha, that's funny. Don't forget, you get 1TB drive for each NVR, so having two means 2TB of storage. Just have to have them connected to 2 different TVs, assuming you have them at 2 locations or just view them via a PC with PSS running on it.