theatermax

We love Dahua cams but cant make them work with Synology?

After months of testing many different camera brands from Axis to Messoa, Vivotek and many others we finally found what our clients were looking for.

We are installers in nj and our customers are looking for small bullets or small domes with POE and good IR and can be placed around the inside and outside of the home and not be very noticeable.

We brought in a few of the Dahua IPC-HFW2100's and so far we are very happy with them. The only problem is we really like the Synology Surveillance Station software and we have been deploying their NAS solutions for years and we want to use these Dahua Cams with the Synologys.

In the Surveillance Station there is a user define setup but ive tried everything to make them work and no go.

They are onvif but something isnt right. I was hoping maybe to manually enter the cam and if i knew the right source path it might work but im struggling here.

I am really hoping that others on the forum have Dahuas and are trying for synology support as well and we can team effort this ?

Any help is appreciated

We would consider using the Dahua NVR's but the POE versions are not ready for prime time i think and we would like a more compact solution.

Thanks

Craig

After months of testing many different camera brands from Axis to Messoa, Vivotek and many others we finally found what our clients were looking for.

We are installers in nj and our customers are looking for small bullets or small domes with POE and good IR and can be placed around the inside and outside of the home and not be very noticeable.

We brought in a few of the Dahua IPC-HFW2100's and so far we are very happy with them. The only problem is we really like the Synology Surveillance Station software and we have been deploying their NAS solutions for years and we want to use these Dahua Cams with the Synologys.

In the Surveillance Station there is a user define setup but ive tried everything to make them work and no go.

They are onvif but something isnt right. I was hoping maybe to manually enter the cam and if i knew the right source path it might work but im struggling here.

I am really hoping that others on the forum have Dahuas and are trying for synology support as well and we can team effort this ?

Any help is appreciated

We would consider using the Dahua NVR's but the POE versions are not ready for prime time i think and we would like a more compact solution.

Thanks

Craig

Try :choose DSM Control setting, http service,tick Automatically redirect HTTP Connections to HTTPS.do not enter SSL cert.

then at SS setting,you can use forefox or chrome but not IE to install addtitional component "SSObject2'...,only if you have install with JAVA so that ok,then you can enter SS notmally.Hope this can give a little help.

Can you put in a generic RTSP link? Here's what worked for me on my Avermedia NV6240 card, using a Dahua IPC-HFW2100N 1.3MP bullet. Different cams may have different RTSP links, but this was in the manual.

Protocol: RTSP_RTP

Model: TCP (UDP caused video dropouts)

Video Format: Auto

Channel: 1

IP Camera Site: rtsp://ip-address/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Port 554

Authentication - checked, ID and password entered

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=73&topicid=104432&page_no=3

Post 675781. The password is admin/admin even though you have set your own password I believe. This was the key to getting ONVIF working. Also make sure you have the latest firmware. I didn't use my cheapie DS213 because the resolutions and frame rates supported was not great. I just use FTP upload to my nas on event.

Cheers.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=73&topicid=104432&page_no=3

Post 675781. The password is admin/admin even though you have set your own password I believe. This was the key to getting ONVIF working. Also make sure you have the latest firmware. I didn't use my cheapie DS213 because the resolutions and frame rates supported was not great. I just use FTP upload to my nas on event.

Cheers.

Goldserve, are you happy with this "configuration". I mean, I'm also catching event through camera's detection, but according to me, it's not great. A lot of false one. Sometimes it doesn't detect me ?!

What are your settings ? Video and detection's one ?

I know that it won't never be perfect, but I'd like to find the best settings to avoid a few false alarms..

Thank you

I'm going to set up a new security system in my house. I was planning on purchasing this Dahua NVR: DH-NVR5216

Then I saw this thread about Synology.

I own this Synology NAS: DS213j

Can I just purchase cameras, like these:

HDBW3300, HFW5100C, and SD40212S-HN

and control them from my Synology? Or do I need a NVR also?

Thanks for any advice anyone could give in setting up a Dahua 16ch security system in my hope with a Synology NAS.