Agentchuckles

Acti 1111 vs. Dahua/Qsee mini bullet shootout

I still have yet to purchase some bullets and will be doing so in a months time. I'm torn between the Acti 1111's and Dahua/Qsee Costco kits. It's hard to beat the costco kit with supplied wire and plug and play setup but I like the broad range of styles and options on the Acti's and great things i hear about their NVR software. I've seen a fair share of samples from the dahua cams. There's only 4 videos on youtube to showcase the 1111's.

Is anyone willing to post up some day and night images captured with the 1111? or send me a link with images from that bullet? It doesn't seem to have as strong an IR light from the leds as the dahua.

Thanks Lads

Thanks, yes i've seen that clip posted by a member here. There's alot of white light there. I'm looking for a clip in total darkness with just the IR. To me the acti looks like a better image.

Hands down the Dahua will have a stronger IR but within say 10' of the camera, the subject will get blown out until the camera adjusts. The ACTi will not have the same problem. Also, consider support, service and software that ACTi offers that you will not likely get from Dahua. Also the Dahua will have a large pigtail and to feed it through a wall, you'l need a hole about 1" diameter where the ACTi just has a port on the back for an ethernet cable for a cleaner install and I just hate making holes that large.

That is the most annoying thing about the Dahua cameras. That network port end won't even fit through the holes on the outside electrical boxes.

Also the Dahua will have a large pigtail and to feed it through a wall, you'l need a hole about 1" diameter where the ACTi just has a port on the back for an ethernet cable for a cleaner install and I just hate making holes that large.

I'm afraid more and more companies are following Dahua's lead. The new ACTi bullet camera has the same pigtail, but hopefully smaller. The worst is the Dahua IPC-HFW3200C, it has so many things on it's pigtail the worst of which is the reset button. Imagine trying to shove all that into a hole and now you don't even know if you reset the camera.

I don't like the pigtails but I can see why there being added. With prices falling, more and more consumers are going to be installing their own. It's one way to help keep moisture out of the cameras. I doubt many would take the time to seal up wire entries They would send it back when water got in and ruined their month old camera.

I don't mind the pigtail if it's removable for installation. For example, Mobotix, on the M12 provides a pigtail, but it's really just a short ethernet extension so I remove it and run the ethernet straight into the camera.

That is the most annoying thing about the Dahua cameras. That network port end won't even fit through the holes on the outside electrical boxes.

Also the Dahua will have a large pigtail and to feed it through a wall, you'l need a hole about 1" diameter where the ACTi just has a port on the back for an ethernet cable for a cleaner install and I just hate making holes that large.

My Dahua 2MP domes have removeable pigtails.

I don't mind the pigtail if it's removable for installation. For example, Mobotix, on the M12 provides a pigtail, but it's really just a short ethernet extension so I remove it and run the ethernet straight into the camera.

The Vivotek IP8332 does this as well. There's an RJ45 jack inside the camera, so you can run the cable straight in, put in a longer cable to a junction box, or whatever.

This seems to be going away, though, and more cameras have big, bulky pigtails with short cables, so that you need a junction box 6 or 8 inches away from the camera. Very annoying!

ACTi new bullet camera (E-series) has 3 cabling options at the same time:

1. use the pigtail connector that is connected to the camera already

2. remove the pigtail and pull your own cable all the way in through the same fitting that squeezed the pigtail. There is another RJ-45 connector inside the camera for that.

3. Use flex conduit fitting (included in package) and do the installation with flex conduit (like TCM-1231 style) instead.