steve6690

LJD Dome

Got one cheap and stuck on the front of my garage to point at my car. It's a day/night with ir cut filter as listed here :

[mod edit]no store links[/mod edit]

It seems ok but I'm suspicious because it was a real bargain and I'm tempted to have a half-dozen more. Has anyone had experience of these and are they any good ?

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

They are not a bad camera for the money & sold by many U.K. suppliers.

LJD however have a reputation for bad returns policy and virtually no support.

I use LJD most of the time for my low budget installs, The trade price for a 520TVL IR dome is so low you cant go wrong and hey if it goes wrong after a year just chuck it away and buy another (customer pays of course!

It has a great picture for the price

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/alanjh1965/IMG_2045.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/alanjh1965/4.jpg (Recorded on a DS2)

I have fitted 30+ and had 3 faulty out of the box, althought I have yet to send them back for credit, I will let you know.

I also use their Apollo DVR (8Cam 500GB) once again for the price it fits the budget market.

My prefered DVR is DM as it is so simple to use, but most Home owners are on a budget I always state to my customers that budget systems have limitations and usually give them 2 quotes so they can make the decision.

I guess in the real world we have to make scarifices to stay in buisness

Edited by Guest

Hi mate go on ill give you that it is a verry good picture. But i say stay away from the ljd speeddomes i had one of them a 240 volt and i powered it up and it gave me a bloody great wacking shock and spent a night in accident and emergeancy. But you mentioned the DM dvrs they are a brilliant unit as i have one myself the quallity is just astounding. Hope to here from you soon best regards Sam.

Sam, thanks for the advice.

I have seen cheap SpeedDomes from various suppliers and they have all been around £400 but I have been reluctant to specifiy them.

I haven't used SpeedDomes yet on jobs i have installed (I have only been working on my own for a year having worked at ADT for 15)

But the few larger jobs i have quoted I have either used AD Ultra 8's or Dennard 2060's (they now come with a 4 year warranty).

Does any body have a reliable cheap PTZ Dome they use ?

Thats a good picture. Where can I buy one of those cameras?

I use LJD most of the time for my low budget installs, The trade price for a 520TVL IR dome is so low you cant go wrong and hey if it goes wrong after a year just chuck it away and buy another (customer pays of course!

It has a great picture for the price

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/alanjh1965/IMG_2045.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/alanjh1965/4.jpg

I have fitted 30+ and had 3 faulty out of the box, althought I have yet to send them back for credit, I will let you know.

I also use their Apollo DVR (8Cam 500GB) once again for the price it fits the budget market.

My prefered DVR is DM as it is so simple to use, but most Home owners are on a budget I always state to my customers that budget systems have limitations and usually give them 2 quotes so they can make the decision.

I guess in the real world we have to make scarifices to stay in buisness

Does any body have a reliable cheap PTZ Dome they use ?

Hi yes i use the markmercer d150 they are a good ptz but are arround £1500 and they make a bit of noise as they use stepper moters also vcl orbiters i think they are really great and there quite expensive but alternatevly if you want to go really top quallity go to forward vision and try getting some refurbished mickeys my mate got a refurb for only £400 hope this helps regards Sam.

From flasecurity

Thats a good picture. Where can I buy one of those cameras?

What part of the world are you?

The camera in the picture I buy from a supplier here in the UK, They are made in Korea. It is a 4-9mm varifocal 520TVL version.

I think the design is copied by a lot of Korean type manufactures just with different resolution / lens combo's

If you look on one of the Advert Banner's above they sell them.

Sam10693

try getting some refurbished mickeys my mate got a refurb for only £400

Now thats cheap ! Did he get them from FV ? I would like to put a couple on our Shop's as Demo units

Yes i think he just rang FV up and asked for a refurb unit and they had some so he bought one so i sugest giving that a try best regards Sam.