kandcorp

.THE BEST ROUTER FOR A DVR.

What has been your personal experience with routers during install and maintenance. What router has given you the BEST overall results as far as remote viewing/playback? Please specify your top choice or most used router.

Thanks_

We have used Edimax routers the past 2 years and have yet to have a failure. However, there are a few people on here that swear they are junk. We must just have good luck with junk?

D-Links for us have been horrible, the Linksys ones have been average to OK. For larger deployments the routers are usualy provided already as part of the network, which are high dollar, high quality units which have always worked perfect.

Scottj

ive always used Linksys, well because they are the easiest thing to get our hands on down here, other than netgear or dlink, but i prefer Linksys over those.

Otherwise the offices and stores normally have their own network setup already with a router.

linksys is good if it is a small network especially if you are only using for your dvr and a computer. Or even better only for your dvr. I dont like to use it for anything larger than that.

By the way have you ever called the technical support? I made that mistake once. I am a computer engineer and if I am calling tec support you know something is really messed up. After spending an hour with this agent from linksys with their GED I wanted to kill them. They would not pass me to second level support. And all they want you to do is "check to see if your pc is hooked up to your router" or "power cycle your router". Its like come on now retard I am a little more advanced than those 2 options you have been trying for the last hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never call them. I promise you you know more about their product than they do. I dont care if you are in the 5th grade! Trust me!

Linksys routers also have DynDNS.org support built right into them

+ they are now owned by Cisco which can't be a bad thing can it?