ClosedCircuitCom

Help With Geovision POS

Ok as we all know geovision tech support has their head were the sun dont shine. here is the setup

DB25 into GV-Data Capture Box from POS

DB25 out of GV- Data Capture Box into Parralell Port Epson Reciept Printer

1 Pair Cat. 5 From GV-Data Capture Box to GV-Net Card in DVR

Out of GV-Net Card into Com Port on DVR

I setup the pos in the GV system made sure i set to parrellel port and Epson made sure text was writing to screen applied and still no text captured i even checked the logs and nothing.

I get a power light on my GV-net card but never any TX RX lights im thinking this is the problem, this is the first POS i setup with Geovision and its not looking fun compared to others.

What POS system are you trying to integrate? Gilbarco, Ruby?

I can probably help you and link you to visual technical documentation that even Geo doesn't have.

Scottj

Send me a link for the sotware, we need to look and see if in fact it can be supported. There may need to be an .ini. file compiled for the settings that will allow the Catapult to release the raw text data through RS232/RS485 communication port.

Scottj

give me a little time to check into this, may not have an answer till Monday, but I will try.

Scottj

If you have a V2 POS Box, be aware that the DB25 port is actually an RS232C port (serial). If your trying to plug that into a parallel port it won't work.

Closed Circuit, We have setup many Catapult system to date they are used in many Liqour store locations here local. put the Geo data capture in the serial mode. Install it inline with the DB-9 connector. Complete the rest of the set up as you have.Look at your cables make sure your cables are straight thru. Some of the serial cables cross over pin 2 and 3 for the TX and RX. This application we see is the Epson im320 POS with TM88III or 6000 reciept printer. The 25 pin port I have not had much luck with. It is true Geovision has not created the interface list or instructions. Trial and error is what we have done to over come this. We have been succesful with serial output PC based registers. We are working on interfaces for the standalone registers as well.

I should have added the output port from the POS is 9 pin and they use a cable to convert to 25 pin. 9 pin straight thru cable from pos to data capture, use the existing 9-25 cable from capture to printer.

What is the brand and model of the POS and Printer being used? Are you sure it is a Parrellel printer?

Catapult is only a software package. The equipment is the important info. I do not know the printer model you have described. The systems I have seen all use the DB 9 serial port and lable it as a receipt printer. If you can look for an additional port (db9) this may aid in your installation, you will have to lable that port as a windows printer port ( in the catapult software) and it will display the data on the cycle of the cash drawer. It is prefered to use the reciept printer this allows streaming data to the video file.

Hook up the POS to an external (Epson) serial printer. If you can get the printer to work, getting the integration to work will be a breaze.

hell, we eliminate the Data Capture modules if the printer is serial Epson. We found that the Data Module just causes headaches and all those gender changers etc...yuck. Split the serial COM port from the POS unit and send one cable to the printer, the other to the DVR. Only connectors you should need after that are RJ-45 to DB9. You might have to cross a couple pair over depending on the unit (Ruby Verifone for example).

Scottj

Does the POS have a serial output? Epson makes a pretty quick Laser serial printer,

If you have a V2 POS Box, be aware that the DB25 port is actually an RS232C port (serial). If your trying to plug that into a parallel port it won't work.

I stand by my initial question. Don't know if it was noticed.

andy how does that make any sense? i have a V2 box and i have it connected with DB25 and have dipswitches set to parrellel printer prints fine just no data capture at the Geo system, i have talked to the owner about a serial printer he said he'll giv me sum time to try this out and worst comes to worst get a serial.

This has been done before the guy that installed the POS system has seen it work with a V2 box

why would it be shown in the manual why would the ports be on there? why would geovision or interpacific not be able to tell me this? this has been an ongoing problem, is it possible to get a hold of a V1 box?