shaywood

Problem viewing Web Service Q-See on Windows 8 / IE 10

I've noticed since upgrading my pc to Windows 8 running Internet Explorer 10 there is problems viewing the Web Service that came with my QC444 and QC804. Everything works for a bit, but soon I can no longer view the streaming video and all the links (titles) to buttons look weird, ie. RecQuery instead of Search. Any idea why? I have tried uninstalling the explorer add-on, but the problem comes back.

Shawn

Surely Q-See will come out with or has a Windows 8 / IE10 upgrade. I'd say that that is the issue without a doubt. Other than that, Windows 8 is and has been a nightmare in many respects. Building an OS that is the same for computers, phone's,etc. is going to be "Chrismas in July" for Hackers. Don't know why Microsoft has to be continually fiddling with something that they finally get to work and then introduce something else that doesn't.

Yeah, hit q-see and look for firmware updates. Can you open both dvr's within one CMS? IE isn't the only way to view cameras and I really prefer CMS for my q-see 408. Also, try chrome or mozilla and see if internet viewing is more stable than IE, in the mean time. And I agree- no windows 8 IE10 for me.

Client management software. It looks like your QC dvr's use PSS, so try this app and see if your viewing is more stable, and has better features as well-

http://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/907/kw/QC%20series

Btw- you should be able to open both your dvr's in that software.

http://qsee.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/50/1307894048/redirect/1/filename/how%20to%20add%20device%20to%20PSS%20program%20-%20QC.pdf