EOppie

Availability of HFW3200S, February...March...April?

So I currently have a pre-order standing for two of the HFW3200S Dahua cameras. Originally I was told they would be out the end of February, then I was told the beginning of March...now it is the end of April.

My vendor does not seem to have any other info, just figured I would reach out to folks here to see if anyone else had some insight.

Thanks!

-Eric

Were you ordering direct from China? Just curious on the price you were quoted for a pre-order. I've been waiting for the release myself.

Just an update, emailed my rep again and once again...they have no idea when the camera will be available.

Interesting NTSC references an CCTV analog camera format...these are obviously IP, and HD. Buellwinkle are you referencing a test/monitor output from the camera? Or am I totally missing the boat here.

I specifically asked for NTSC firmware and have purchased from this retailer before with great results. I had emailed this supplier in late February looking for this camera and she emailed me out of the blue last week saying it was ready to go. I will respond to pm's of where I got it if everything works out. (I dont want people rushing out and buying it from here if its wrong/junk)

Interesting NTSC references an CCTV analog camera format...these are obviously IP, and HD. Buellwinkle are you referencing a test/monitor output from the camera? Or am I totally missing the boat here.

Many IP cams are sold in NTSC and PAL formats. Dahua's firmware, for instance, comes in both versions. Other cams have a setting you can tweak so they'll support either one.

What the difference is in terms of real-life imaging (aside from frame rates), I don't know, but people have reported rolling pictures when using the wrong version, just like in the analog days.

ETA: There's a vendor posting that these cams are now available, over at cam-it.org. Shipping to California was $27, so presumably these are coming from China. I left a few questions about shipping time and firmware support, and haven't seen a response yet.

Well, after pushing K&D CCTV for an answer, I received this email today:

Hi Eric,

Thanks again for your email.

I’m really sorry we can not sell dahua products to US market right now. and HFW3200S is out of stock also.

Regards,

Cherry

Now I am quite irritated, as I paid for this order back in February and it included other items other than the HFW3200S.

Ohh well, I guess that is the risk trying to deal with someone in China.

I have already requested a refund, hopefully I do not have to go through PayPal's process.

Recieved the camera today.....It is the NTSC version and everything looks great. I will post up images later tonight when I can mount the camera.

I received my camera today....I haven't had time to install it outside yet....But from the tests I've done indoors, The camera seems to react to light changes much better than the 2100!

-Kyle

I just ordered one from alibaba. Should be getting it in a week or two. Please someone post up some sample shots!

Safari couldn't play the video, but explorer did. Anyway, I made sure I clicked 1080p and watched your video. The camera

looks real good daytime. I would love it even more if you had a night time video though. Thats the true test of a camera IMO.

A lot of noise is subjective, but it's comparable to the larger 1080P bullet, the ipc-hfw3200C. Clearly there are lights on in front of the home so it's not true darkness, but most people have street and porch lights on their driveway. Is it as smooth as an Axis P33 with lightfinder or a Mobotix b&w sensor, no, but it's not the same price either.

I thought the same, the night video had some noise in it. It's possible due to it's viewing such a wide area? I'll play around with my 3200S as soon as I get it in the mail.

Here is another offering. I just installed it to replace a Sony SNC-DF80N, haven't decided if I am going to swap it back yet.

It is really soft around the edges...I mean, I would say out of focus. Check out the area of the hibiscus. Up close it is okay, but get out a bit and it is scary.

216741_1.jpg

https://vimeo.com/63764243

password is: cam-it

My main reason to replace the camera was to gain some IR at night, but I am pretty disappointed with how soft it seems.