Jackster

Need identification and help with remote view.

I wanted to try out one of these DVRs you find on eBay for £45.

I still use my ZM setup for my own CCTV but I bought 2 cameras for my granddad as he has had people in the back garden recently and he wanted something to record what is going on.

So having a computer was not an option for him. So I wanted a all in one that could send video down to his TV and something that I could watch from my house a few miles away.

So I bought this for him.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200723025281?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The software on the included disk is crap, I was not expecting good stuff for £45 BTW

I was wondering if anyone knew what system this is "brand" so I could investigate in software to manage it all.

I very much know it is one of those generic things that is sold under a lot of names.

Here are some high res photos of it.

Thanks!

213729_1.jpg

213729_2.jpg

213729_3.jpg

213729_4.jpg

I was wondering if anyone knew what system this is "brand" so I could investigate in software to manage it all.

I very much know it is one of those generic things that is sold under a lot of names.

throw it away ........ its getting brought into the UK via ebay and it is not rated for UK power

throw it away ........ its getting brought into the UK via ebay and it is not rated for UK power

What do you mean by that?

12v DC is 12DC at the end of the day?

It appears to be very similar to some of the ZMODO (almost identical) and FALCO units. Can you post a screen shot of the software menu?

Dennis

It appears to be very similar to some of the ZMODO (almost identical) and FALCO units. Can you post a screen shot of the software menu?

Dennis

Here you go

213742_1.jpg

213742_2.jpg

213742_3.jpg

trading standards has a collection building up

first they over heat to the point were you dont let power supply sit on carpet.

then there is the problem of not being CE certified (must be printed on unit) ones i have seen have not.

but yes your right 12v is 12v anywhere. but £40 on untested voltage and none CE compliant

first they over heat to the point were you dont let power supply sit on carpet.

then there is the problem of not being CE certified (must be printed on unit) ones i have seen have not.

but yes your right 12v is 12v anywhere. but £40 on untested voltage and none CE compliant

This seems like quite the judgement before you even know much about the unit in question. Yes, if it's a bad power supply that's a problem. So get another 12VDC power brick with equivalent or greater amperage rating. That problem is solved, so let's actually look at the DVR.

Well the DVR works very well. It does the job I need it to. But would be nice to have the web interface or at least some software that will be able to control it remotely.