cglaeser

Avigilon bullet sample video

Would anyone have seen a video at night of KCM-5611 and Avigilon 2MP Bullet and how they stack up against its other?

Ugh, been dying to know how much one of these costs. No integrators will give me prices, and everyone in the forum treats it like it is a guarded secret, why?

I totally agree with you anthonywebb I have sent out many email inquiries to the national distributor of Avigilon in Australia without a single replay.

I have contacted member on this forum with the same out come.

I was looking to purchase one sample unit so I can evaluate and if they were as good as some people on this forum say their are

I was going to stock them for future installations but I have hit an dead end.

What cameras do you stock now? What is the total value of your current inventory of cameras? I don't know any installer who stocks cameras in the $1,000 range for future installations.

Best,

Christopher

What cameras do you stock now? What is the total value of your current inventory of cameras? I don't know any installer who stocks cameras in the $1,000 range for future installations.

Whoa, we have a breakthrough, someone finally gave a ballpark! Seriously, how is a company supposed to sell a product if no one can divulge how much it costs, nor will they respond to repeated customer inquiries. Amazing.

Seriously, how is a company supposed to sell a product ...

They establish supply channels. Have you reviewed Avigilon's stellar growth?

Best,

Christopher

I'm not arguing the fact that they may have the best product in the market (hence my desire to buy) I'm only saying that their "established channels" are dropping the ball with me, and from the sounds of it, a lot of other people as well. Imagine how "stellar" the growth would be if they could actually cash the checks of the rest of the people who are looking to buy, but hitting brick wall after brick wall.

A little birdie told me that the 3mp domes were about $1100 and the 3mp bullets were about $1200 before discounts. 2mp versions are roughly $200 cheaper.

There are lots of Avigilon price lists on the web, if your google-fu is good. These are mostly from government sites, which are often required to post such data.

Whether they're up to date or reflect quotes you'd expect to get from your local rep are another question.

I'm only saying that their "established channels" are dropping the ball with me ...

Are you an installer? Where do you live?

Best,

Christopher

Yep, I am in Idaho

If you are an installer, then you are right, they are dropping the ball. I saw the ex-rep for our area recently. He was working insane hours and quit. He is now working at a new job and loving it. I don't think he has been replaced yet. That said, I can get any Avigilon camera(s) or software I want, and I'm a DIY, so I'm sure you can get pricing etc if you persist. FWIW, I love both the cameras and the software, so I think it's worth the effort.

Best,

Christopher

I'm not arguing the fact that they may have the best product in the market (hence my desire to buy) I'm only saying that their "established channels" are dropping the ball with me, and from the sounds of it, a lot of other people as well. Imagine how "stellar" the growth would be if they could actually cash the checks of the rest of the people who are looking to buy, but hitting brick wall after brick wall.

Avigilon does things a little different then other manufactures. They do not sign everyone up as a dealer so they have control over the product and have dealers that are competent at installing the product. This way they don't have massive support issues and upset customers because the product doesn't work the way it was designed. If you would like pricing please contact me via PM.

Best,

Christopher

Hi Christopher

I own a CCTV & Automation Company I have 5 fulltime CCTV techs not counting Automation tech and Contractors. 30% off our work is new installations and 70% is contractual maintenance of petrochemical industry and road traffic authority monitored road network. I keep around $5k in each vehicle of spares and over $50k in the depot. I don't know any PTZ outdoor dome that we stock that is cheaper than $2.5k. And if I relied for one of my tech to drive 1hr each way to a distributor I would go broke. We operate 24hr service all year round. And income tax that I pay for the workers in Australia is average 37% and up to 45% so time wasted is just money that goes to the Tax collectors.

So whatever we service or install we keep 10% spares or more.

Thanks Peter

Avigilon does things a little different then other manufactures. They do not sign everyone up as a dealer so they have control over the product and have dealers that are competent at installing the product. This way they don't have massive support issues and upset customers because the product doesn't work the way it was designed. If you would like pricing please contact me via PM.

So how this work with you? Say someone contacts you via PM for pricing. Do you fly out to them if they do not live in PA? Do you just ship them the camera(s)? Do you connect them to someone that is local to them?

So how this work with you? Say someone contacts you via PM for pricing. Do you fly out to them if they do not live in PA? Do you just ship them the camera(s)? Do you connect them to someone that is local to them?

I sure he's covered up with work in his own back yard like we are. To many Hospitals, Universities, Local, State, and Federal Government projects to deal with "Joe" from Chicago that wants a 1mp dome on his front porch to see if the neighbors dog is peeing on his grass.

I sure he's covered up with work in his own back yard like we are. To many Hospitals, Universities, Local, State, and Federal Government projects to deal with "Joe" from Chicago that wants a 1mp dome on his front porch to see if the neighbors dog is peeing on his grass.

Smith is right. 99% of the requests that I get on this forum are for small 1-4 camera systems. This is not my target customer base nor is it Avigilon's. Also rememember this is mostly a DYI forum so customers want product that they can install themselves.

Smith is right. 99% of the requests that I get on this forum are for small 1-4 camera systems. This is not my target customer base nor is it Avigilon's. Also rememember this is mostly a DYI forum so customers want product that they can install themselves.

So that means that you don't sell to them? Money is money.

So that means that you don't sell to them? Money is money.

What are you getting at? If can help someone out I can/will but spending all day on the phone with someone about 1 camera when I am working on a couple of 100+ camera projects isn't really the best use of my time.

This is why you should tell your Avigilon Rep that they should invite certified and experienced resellers to sell the products online and via consultation to those who specialize in the 1-10 camera size project and DIY market. Wink ** Wink

Good Resellers are more akin to Manufacturer reps then traditional E-Commerce stores as most sales rarely close with consultations. Try getting pre sales design and support from Amazon.

Hi thewireguys

I don't think a DIY would be contacting you about 1-4 cameras that cost around $1000 each. I think most DIY go for Dahua or lower brand cameras. And why wouldn't a fellow board member help other member out.

Personally I would help anyone out who contact myself. That's what forums are about, giving advice and helping others in the same field or industry.

Personally I would help anyone out who contact myself. That's what forums are about, giving advice and helping others in the same field or industry.

That would be fine but in case you hadn't noticed this forum is not just people in the industry. It's also full of first time DIYers that want something for nothing.

Yes, but then a lot of them find out that their price/performance graph was skewed waaay too close to the $0 end, especially for trickier situations.

That would be fine but in case you hadn't noticed this forum is not just people in the industry. It's also full of first time DIYers that want something for nothing.

This forum used to have a lot of people in the industry on it but that has changed.