cglaeser

Avigilon bullet sample video

The industry/market is changing very rapidly. You professional installers like commercial jobs and need them to make a decent living but the "home" market is exploding. New technology(ip cams) has allowed us "DIYers" to play and watch seriously, then the neighbor asks about it and then and then.................

I am new here and a DIYer but find plenty of professional help when needed.

Just the way the world is going now. Change happens. What is, is.

I totally agree with you anthonywebb I have sent out many email inquiries to the national distributor of Avigilon in Australia without a single replay.

I have contacted member on this forum with the same out come.

I was looking to purchase one sample unit so I can evaluate and if they were as good as some people on this forum say their are

I was going to stock them for future installations but I have hit an dead end.

check your pm what-da

Post away! If you're taking requests, night shots of moving people, license plates, and sun with shade shots preferred. And thanks in advance.

I have a full Avigilon setup if anyone is looking for quality examples.

Do you have either of the 3MP or 5MP bullets? The 3MP has WDR and the 5MP does not. I would love to see a comparison of vehicle headlights/taillights/license plates of these two cameras at night.

Best,

Christopher

Chris the 5MP 9-22 works very well for LP shots.

Thanks, Michael, I appreciate the feedback. I would love to see a comparison, but I know you prefer the 5MP over the 3MP, even for LP, so I'll take your recommendation and go with the 5MP. One quick question. Do you think I can pull plates at 170 feet at night with the 5MP when fully zoomed to 22, or is that expecting too much? The Messoas are working great at night at that distance, so if the 5MP can only cover daytime that's OK, but it would be nice if I could pull plates day/night at 170 feet with the Aviligon by itself.

Best,

Christopher

I have a 2MP and a 5MP bullet. No 3MP sorry.

I also have the 2MP PTZ and some indoor 2MP domes.

I will search through some shots and see what I can come up with.

I have a 2MP and a 5MP bullet. No 3MP sorry.

Excellent. The 2MP is also WDR. A 2MP/5MP comparison of vehicle headlights, taillights, and license plates at night would be much appreciated.

Best,

Christopher

Have not checked the viewing angle at 170' But I'll bet that exceeds IR range by a good bit.

Yes, you could be right. However, given the performance of the Messoa (which can read a front license plate at 200 feet while masking headlights), it's worth a test. FWIW, I live in California where the modern license plates are retro-reflective.

Best,

Christopher

I totally agree with you anthonywebb I have sent out many email inquiries to the national distributor of Avigilon in Australia without a single replay.

I was looking to purchase one sample unit so I can evaluate and if they were as good as some people on this forum say their are

I hear you, but why deal with a company that does not want to deal with you when there's so many good choices out there. I tried to get Avigilon involved in a project and they were very unresponsive at the corporate and local level.

I hear you, but why deal with a company that does not want to deal with you when there's so many good choices out there. I tried to get Avigilon involved in a project and they were very unresponsive at the corporate and local level.

Now why would they turn their nose up at business?

I believe not all the facts are being brought to the table here.

We have excellent service from our Avigilon Reps.

Our customer base of 100 cameras or more have 3 possible solution paths they have chosen.

They have converted to Avigilon and are very happy.

Or they are on Genetec and wished they would have chosen Avigilon

Or they are still on GE and Migrating.

http://avigilon.com/#/sales-locator/