securityusa

Intelligent Security Surveillance Systems on the Horizon

A computer surveillance system that spots an abandoned suitcase at a crowded airport and sees what happened to the person who left it there is being developed.

Its developers hope the system will one-day allow security staff to tell the difference between a suspicious abandoned suitcase whose owner has left the building and a suitcase whose owner is queuing for coffee two metres away.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1504627.htm

That has already been developed. Maybe not to the extent, but defining Unattended Objects and Missing Object technology has been around for a couple of years now.

Scottj

Intelligent Video Systems will be very big over the next few years. I'm amazed by the accuracy of some of the software packages out there.

It makes sense for all applications, especially as the price comes down.

Securityusa,

Thanks though, it is a very good article as a resource you posted. I didn't mean to chime in as a means of insult to your efforts.

Scottj

The geo works, but to be objective, I have seen some stuff from an Israeli company that toasts Geo's artificial intelligence features.

It also toasts the price of course.

Yeah I remember you posting that Active Eye one in another thread. That is a sophisticated system. Showed which vehicle was at fault in an intersection.

Iomniscient is another system that was impressive with its ability to count people in a large crowd.

You got some good links to some interesting products.

The Iomniscient system has won the top award at Ifsec and is a very sophisticated one.

It is even supposed to be able to see a black box on a black background just by the slightest difference in pixel colours.

Yeah I remember you posting that Active Eye one in another thread. That is a sophisticated system. Showed which vehicle was at fault in an intersection.

Iomniscient is another system that was impressive with its ability to count people in a large crowd.

You got some good links to some interesting products.

search is your friend

asmag.com