th111447

ESC-1 IP 1.3 MP 720P verus Dahua HFW2100

Do you prefer the esc1 over the Dahua?

are these not the same camera ????? which ever way you look at it there both dahua ??

No, The ESC-IP is a camera being sold by Empire Security Cameras. They are not a Dahua re-branded cam....completely different firmware and hardware.

please post a link to the software if that is the case .

Do you prefer the esc1 over the Dahua?

are these not the same camera ????? which ever way you look at it there both dahua ??

Frustrated with Dahua's policies and not being to market/sell the cameras as Dahua cameras, they switched to another brand in China. They won't say what brand it is and there's so many camera manufacturers in China it's hard to say. Some of the models he's worked on look like IPSCam but it could be they use the same shell. Think of it like the old days when Foscam came out and 20 other manufactures made an identical looking camera. We all called them "clones". That's because the case was made by one company and everyone used it.

Going to ISC yesterday, one is overwhelmed by all the companies that spring up and setup a booth at ISC with their new brand of cameras that did not exist a year ago. Then you have to think, will they be around next year, is it worth looking at something new when there's so many established players. There's no way I can cover all these new brands as they exceed all the known brands. Seems like the wild west like PC's where years ago when everyone had their own brand, people built them in the garages and now very few would consider an unbranded PC. My father used to manufacture TVs in South America back when TV's were made by small companies, yet today most people buy known TV brands.

Frustrated with Dahua's policies and not being to market/sell the cameras as Dahua cameras, they switched to another brand in China. They won't say what brand it is

yes but it must have its own software ???? or what everyone wants a smartphone app. do they keep this secret as well.

$170 at least list what NVRs its compatable with

The ESC-1 works with the Dahua NVR and I did all my tests with the camera connect to the NVR. It does have it's own software with a lot of features but I have not played with the camera software yet.

Does the software show clue as to the manufacturer of the camera? Is this generic software that works with other brands of cameras?

The ESC-1 works with the Dahua NVR and I did all my tests with the camera connect to the NVR. It does have it's own software with a lot of features but I have not played with the camera software yet.

it must also tell you android or apple APP to use

How much was the ESC-1 anyway? Seems to me that I saw $199 on their site but in the same format showing that Dahuas are $999.

How much was the ESC-1 anyway? Seems to me that I saw $199 on their site but in the same format showing that Dahuas are $999.

I believe they were 199.00. You have to create a account to see prices. This is one of Dahua policies now, you can't show prices.

Apples to oranges with a varifocal vs fixed lens on the Dahua. Of course it is hard to compare brand reputation between Costco and Empire.

No, The ESC-IP is a camera being sold by Empire Security Cameras. They are not a Dahua re-branded cam

I believe they were 199.00. You have to create a account to see prices. This is one of Dahua policies now,

don't see how there not authorised.

think this is just a post to Advertise.

it must also tell you android or apple APP to use

can you please list them....... if there not dahua. you have them what apps

Not sure what you mean "post to just advertise"....I am not selling nothing. I tested the cam and I use BlueIris so I did not even try other software. SO, I did install it and it's called CMS, but don't ask me anything about it cause I don't have time to waste on it. Don't use cell phones so can't help you on that. I simply was trying to give what information I know about this cam.....PERIOD !

Sorry guys! I'm busy with my kids and can not monitor this like you Pros. I read all the questions and listed them below with my answers. This post is not just for adverstising. If it were I wouldn't be just answering your questions now. Below are the questions I saw and here are my answers.

QUESTION ASKED

1. Does the software clue as to the manufacturer?

I'm new to the CCTV world but do not see no manufacturer names on it.

2. It must tell you what android or apple app to use?

I use the Dahua NVR and use the iDMSS app on my iphone to view my 2100's and the ESC-1. I did not try testing it without the NVR and have no plans to because I use the Dahua NVR-3216.

3. How much as the ESC-1?

The price is $199.99. I paid $179.99 with the "SAVE20" code.

4. Think this is just a post to advertise.

Not true. I'm new to CCTV and bought both to compare because I bought my NVR from Empire. Since they stated I could return it after comparing within 60 days, I thought I'd compare them. Was looking for honest feedback on the quality between the two since I'm new.

Kawboy, I did my best to set the lense to 3.6 mm to get an apples to apples comparison. The camera has two screws. One for setting the 2.8mm-12mm and one for focusing it. Once it is set via the screws it's fixed.

it was just a simple question. WHAT app is this camera supported by. for both android and IOS.

asked both OPs you both have camera up and running. it will tell you on box or instructions where to find the App.

FW2100 - night porch

This video looks foggy because the IR LEDs in the FW2100 are being reflected off the porch ceiling back into the lens.

I had the same problem. My cameras are mounted under my garage eaves, pointing out across my patio and driveway. I set them back a bit to protect them from the weather so the lens is about 3 or 4 inches back form the facia. I painted that small area of the eaves, directly over the camera, up to the facia, flat black and it greatly reduced the foggy effect in the image. The way you have the camera mounted in your video, I don't know how you can fix the problem. You would have to paint the entire ceiling flat black.

Also, that huge freaking spider is really creeping me out.

QUESTION ASKED

1. Does the software clue as to the manufacturer?

I'm new to the CCTV world but do not see no manufacturer names on it.

2. It must tell you what android or apple app to use?

I use the Dahua NVR and use the iDMSS app on my iphone to view my 2100's and the ESC-1. I did not try testing it without the NVR and have no plans to because I use the Dahua NVR-3216.

You can often find out who the OEM is by googling the software revision from the web page report. Sometimes you need to put it in quotes.

Aside from the manufacturer's apps, IP Camera Viewer Pro is a great app for both Android and iOS.