Are you saying that Avigilon commands a price premium over Dahua and if so, why?

I'll sit back with a large popcorn, extra butter, and a Coke for this one. The answer is simple but the path to it might be entertaining.

Are you saying that Avigilon commands a price premium over Dahua and if so, why?

I am not saying anything

I was asking question

and BTW

( Is your Audi commands a price premium over Ford and if so, why? )

Can you even purchase a Dahua camera in the US without someone else's name on them? And if you can how do you get manufactures support?

Avigilon has 24/7 phone tech support with 3 year advanced replacement on there cameras plus their NVRs have ONSITE support with the rack mount NVRs having 4 hour onsite support. Let's see Dahua send a tech out to fix one of there NVRs hell let see if you can get a tech on the phone!!

Dahua is a great product for small low cost residential customers and systems under 16 cameras

Avigilon's solution is for medium to large systems 16 - 500 camera and 5.0 is going to expand that to much larger systems.

Edited by Guest

Absolutely not, paid the same for my Audi as a new Ford Mustang Convertible costs.

Have ? for you

What do you use as Enterprise solution for your customer

Thx

Edited by Guest

Can Duhua do the following:

Point of Sale?

LPR?

Alarm Points and rules? Say when an input triggers pull up camera X and set it to preset position X?

Scheduled Backups?

Setup users and groups? Hide cameras from certain groups?

Adjust notifications to certain groups?

Use Active Directory to authenticate users?

Integrate with all these products? http://avigilon.com/#/support-and-downloads/for-software/system-integration-features/

Including: Gallagher (Cardax FT) Integration, DDS Amadeus 5 Integration, DSX Integration, GE Facility Commander Wnx Integration, Jacques VoIP Integration, Lenel OnGuard Integration, Picture Perfect 4 Integration, RS2 AccessIt Integration,

S2 Integration Gateway, Software House CCure 9000 1.93 Integration, Software House CCure 9000 2.02 Integration, Stentofon AlphaCom XE Integration, Hirsch Velocity.

Supported cameras and encoders:

http://avigilon.com/#/support-and-downloads/for-software/supported-cameras-and-encoders/

Integrate USB Professional Joystick and keypad:

215921_1.jpg

Graphic Mapping?

215921_2.jpg

POS Transaction Engine

215921_3.jpg

Bookmarks?

215921_4.jpg

Edit Layouts any way you can dream up.

215921_5.jpg

Mobile devices

215921_6.jpg

I wonder how many of you would actually be using Avigilon if you weren't working with them at work.

I bet your wife would sign off on (8) of those $3,000.00 cameras for home use?

Yeah right.

I wonder how many of you would actually be using Avigilon if you weren't working with them at work.

Yeah right.

I'm not aware of any 3000.00 cameras.

I'm aware of some 8 and 10,000 dollar cameras and 10,000 dollar lenses but not in this conversation.

You can use Axis or Acti but the Avigilon camera of equal specs are cheaper.

Yeah right.

I don't do residential work anymore. Most of our projects now are police departments, town wide systems, hospitals, hotels, ski resorts, school districts, universities, manufacturing.......

This thread is ridiculous BTW.

Point of Sale?

LPR?

Alarm Points and rules? Say when an input triggers pull up camera X and set it to preset position X?

Scheduled Backups?

Only as a reference:

Point of Sale - yes, "sniffer" included for serial & IP protocol - done at device level (DVR/NVR);

LPR - yes & ANPR too with trainable engine; this is done at camera level; also traffic control and red light crossing; triggers: radar, loops or IR Barrier

Alarm Points and rules? - yes, via device or CMS software; triggers: motion detection, alarm input, video lost, camera blanked

Scheduled Backups - yes, via dedicated software for Windows

Setup users and groups - yes, at device level; you can hide/give permission for every function it does, including live, backup, configuration, net live, etc

"Adjust notifications to certain groups?" - if you mean "log" all it's done in device (like config, net login, motion, alarm, etc) - yes

Use Active Directory to authenticate users? - no

Of course, there are more, but this means someone needs to study and get specific info about the products.

Point of Sale?

LPR?

Scheduled Backups?

Only as a reference:

Point of Sale - yes, "sniffer" included for serial & IP protocol - done at device level (DVR/NVR);

LPR - yes & ANPR too with trainable engine; this is done at camera level; also traffic control and red light crossing; triggers: radar, loops or IR Barrier

Alarm Points and rules? - yes, via device or CMS software; triggers: motion detection, alarm input, video lost, camera blanked

Scheduled Backups - yes, via dedicated software for Windows

Setup users and groups - yes, at device level; you can hide/give permission for every function it does, including live, backup, configuration, net live, etc

"Adjust notifications to certain groups?" - if you mean "log" all it's done in device (like config, net login, motion, alarm, etc) - yes

Use Active Directory to authenticate users? - no

Of course, there are more, but this means someone needs to study and get specific info about the products.

And how do you get manufacture support for this?

Official distribuitors get support(or, at least, this is what's happening here).

For example, we are resellers. We get support from our distribuitor.

Then why is my PM box full of messages on how to do this?

I hope u have 25 Hours video tutorial

and few staff to answer ?

Yeah right.

I don't do residential work anymore. Most of our projects now are police departments, town wide systems, hospitals, hotels, ski resorts, school districts, universities, manufacturing.......

So would you personally, at home, be able to afford putting up Avigilon cameras? If you had to pay for them, of course.

Yeah right.

So would you personally, at home, be able to afford putting up Avigilon cameras? If you had to pay for them, of course.

What does have have to do with anything? Avigilon has NEVER be marketed towards residential customers and I don't see them ever do that.

Also for the record I do have Avigilon at my home along with Mobotix, Sony, Panasonic, Acit, Axis, Dahua and Arecont. I have this because I am constantly testing products to make sure we are delivering the best solution for our customers. We have won many projects over other manufactures because of Avigilon's solution and their support.

well its not a real pos ........ it also takes some functions away ...... like motion detect for which ever channel is to be used for POS also none searchable or product search

Official distribuitors get support(or, at least, this is what's happening here).

OK get me a link to a official Dahua distributor in the US.

And just so we are perfectly clear... end users and integrators do NOT get manufacture support... Correct?

I just looked at the ISC west map and Avigilon and Dahua are right next to each other. lol

Cool, less walking, can see the two most discussed products side by side. Are you coming to Vegas next week?

As I stated, this is happening here (EU). For now, I don't know what's and how's happening there (although ,if I read well the comments, I might get the idea).

I don't promote DAHUA as "a holy GOD" of all, but we had some positive responses and features/solutions above mid-level products.

As I stated before, they took a pro level ideea to mid-entry. The idea works good, but someone has to fill the gap between pro and mid/entry level. This is the job of the distribuitor/reseller.

Since they also sell OEM/ODM (for Q-SEE, QVIS, etc), I can't speak in their name. But that doesn't mean to blame and reject DAHUA...

I believe the official distributor of Dahua in the U.S. is Q-See and it's sold through at least one channel distributor, Ingram Micro. Q-See does provide end user support and has actually been pretty aggressive on a recent issue I had with one of their cameras and may even be more responsive than Axis. The problem I see with them is they are very limited in which models they bring in and Ingram is the biggest PITA distributor I dealt with. I used to like them 10 years ago, they were on the ball, but now they look for ways to not do business with you as they have grown too large.

I don't even know where small guys like Empire or . fit in and even if they are official channels for Dahua cameras buying directly from Dahua or from distributors in other countries.