goldfr

camera and Video Analytics solution for outdoor parking lot

Hi,

have a costumer with an outdoor parking lot (car dealership), my plan is to install 4 AXIS P3364 with the new videoiq Rialto R-Series and using his existing alarm panel

triggering alarm if someone enters the lot .

the problem is R-Series not out yet

any Video Analytic software/dvr ip options that can trigger the alarm panel ?

thanks

I've been told the R series rack mount should be ready to ship by mid-May...as for the R series version of the A4, no word unfortunately

Digifort looks interesting but their support didn't work for me ...

vdeoiq told me end of may will be available

any other solutions for car dealerships ?

Thanks

You could use any Mobotix Camera and then add a Cam IO or MX-232-IO-Box which will give you 2 inputs and 2 outputs for relay/ alarm alerting. You can use either the custom defined video Motion detection or PIR sensors to trigger the alerts to the alarm panel, and have the camera auto email you a clip or frame capture.

We have setup a few auto dealers and they used 360 cameras for the lots on the light poles and fixed cameras at the entrance to capture detailed identifying information.

You could use any Mobotix Camera and then add a Cam IO or MX-232-IO-Box which will give you 2 inputs and 2 outputs for relay/ alarm alerting. You can use either the custom defined video Motion detection or PIR sensors to trigger the alerts to the alarm panel, and have the camera auto email you a clip or frame capture.

We have setup a few auto dealers and they used 360 cameras for the lots on the light poles and fixed cameras at the entrance to capture detailed identifying information.

But, Mobotix has "simple" motion detection, without objects clasification, etc. So, lots of false alarms will be generated, if camera is outdoor.

false alarms is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

the alarm monitors will charge for the patrol ($50) and will not take it for long (to many - will end the contract )

and i think it achievable only with a real Video Analytics system .

i will look at Mobotix

Thanks

why dont you look at the Avigilon cameras.

Each camera has a DI/O and using the rules engine (enterprise license) can fire the output on motion. Can even email a picture if needed and then setup remote access so security can check the live feed before sending a patrol...

But, Mobotix has "simple" motion detection, without objects clasification, etc. So, lots of false alarms will be generated, if camera is outdoor.

Yes, they once were "simple". They have moving object detection that can distinguish a real object that is in motion like a car or person. It's a firmware upgrade on their newer cameras like the D14, S14 and such. It's called MxActivitySensor and here's more details on it.

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_US/Company/News/News-2013/MOBOTIX-Re-invents-Motion-Detection-And-Reduces-False-Alarms-Through-The-New-MxActivitySensor