CCTVDude

Geovision software 'Can't find Keypro' error

I'm trying to get a GV-600/4 to work and I keep getting the 'Can't find keypro' error and Geo software won't boot up. Normally this is driver related, but I Know i'm using the right ones. I've tried ver 7.04 and 6.05

v.3 card (from a reputable place - not ebay)

MSI PM8M-V MB

HELP!

I take it this is a new machine? 90% certain it is the chipset (VIA). Geo only runs on a few different VIA chipsets without problems, all related to driver compatibility.

Scottj

I take it this is a new machine? 90% certain it is the chipset (VIA). Geo only runs on a few different VIA chipsets without problems, all related to driver compatibility.

Scottj

Is a new machine and is VIA... so I guess that explains the driver error. Thx.

So what are the good chipsets to use? Intel & SiS?

What Motherboards do you use?

Where did you buy the card? Please don't say Ebay, please please please.....

Scottj

Reputable vendor - have used over 100 cards from them over the past couple of years.

Even tried 5.401...

What MB do u use?

ub need the dingling dongle
Thought about that. This card didn't come w/ one but I know we've had that problem in the past. Didn't know this was the error. Maybe I got an old card.

I'll dig one up and give it a try.

Thx!

What version board, V3?

Check the chipset on the board and see if you are using the SP or S1 chip. This will help determine what you have. And we use all Intel 915 chipsets in our machines, rock solid stable and work very well when you are using the Combo cards which use the Techwell chipsets.

Scottj

ub need the dingling dongle
Thought about that. This card didn't come w/ one but I know we've had that problem in the past. Didn't know this was the error. Maybe I got an old card.

I'll dig one up and give it a try.

Thx!

Checked with my tech and when we had the problem in the past, we would get a USB error and no video, but the Geo software would load. This seems different.

What version board, V3?

Check the chipset on the board and see if you are using the SP or S1 chip. This will help determine what you have. And we use all Intel 915 chipsets in our machines, rock solid stable and work very well when you are using the Combo cards which use the Techwell chipsets.

Scottj

V3 & SP...?

It has the SP chip?

Then you need to use version 6.05 or lower. Manually remove the drivers and registry string values for all the Geo software (codecs included). Reload the 6.05 drivers manually (don't use the Driver Install garbage Geo includes on the CD). You should be OK.

With that ASUS board you shouldn't have any driver related issues from a point of compatibility. What Geo board is it (600,650,800 etc?)

Scottj

It has the SP chip?

Then you need to use version 6.05 or lower. Manually remove the drivers and registry string values for all the Geo software (codecs included). Reload the 6.05 drivers manually (don't use the Driver Install garbage Geo includes on the CD). You should be OK.

With that ASUS board you shouldn't have any driver related issues from a point of compatibility. What Geo board is it (600,650,800 etc?)

Scottj

GV 600/4

I formatted it, reloaded XP and tried 6.05 & 5.401 and manually did the drivers and same problem.

BTW - how do you tell what ver of Geo is running on a PC. There is no help/about. If there a txt file in case you can't load the Geo Software?

You can place your cursor over the executable program after doing a directory listing and it will show you which version.

They should have a help, about feature though as it is standard throughout windows programs.

Hopefully they will take care of this problem. They need to make this information more easily obtainable.

Edited by Guest

You can place your cursor over the executable program after doing a directory listing and it will show you which version.

They should have a help, about feature though as it is standard throughout windows programs.

Hopefully the will take care of this problem. They need to make this information more easily obtainable.

Good solution. thx!

hey CCTVDude,

Did you verify the board is actually what you ordered? I asked one of my guys here about your situation and he said he had this happen to him with a GV-800 board that was mislabeled by Geo and was actually a 600 model. The board itself was correct, but the chip that Geo puts on the board was labeled incorrectly and was flashed for a GV-600.

Might be worth checking, I think you are down to only a couple options it sounds as you have eliminated some of the obvious.

Scottj

Maybe...

I've already swapped it out for a new card and it's fine. If have time I'll test other models, if not, it's RMA time...

I doubt you made this mistake however:

If you load the software BEFORE the drivers it will not detect the card...hence no dingle dongle and no operation, you need to fully uninstall the software and drivers and do it in the right order if this was the case, however I doubt you made this mistake

wont work in safe mode as drivers arent loaded, unless you specify exactly what you want loaded.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention it is a Geo 1240-8 card.

Also I just rebooted into regular mode and ran the Geo software manually and saw a message whiz by that said something about trying to recover from the error?

I am still getting the same message from the Remote Playback server.

Some file(s) got corrupted it looks like. I will look into it.

It is stuck on the Initializing screen.

If anybody has any suggestions, I am listening.

Thanks

I didn’t have to do that, at least not yet.

I ended up killing that program in the task manager about 4 times, because it just wants to keep loading.

I startied killing all processes that I knew were associated with GEO, then on about the fifth time loading it made it passed the Initialization part and loaded correctly.