thmaxxer

New Lorex 1080p Domes at Costco now

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-Full-HD-1080p-PoE-IndoorOutdoor-Night-Vision-2-Pack-Dome-Cameras.product.100043750.html

I just got my Lorex system in today, pretty nice so far. I close on my new house Wed next week, so it will be a bit before they are mounted. I was looking for a dome solution for 2 locations and came across these at Costco. One thing I don't care for with these cams(Lorex) is the size of the hole that will need to be drilled to mount, a bit bigger then a bottlecap. NVR fan noise is well normal for a piece of networking equipment, you can definitely hear it, but it's not like riding with the windows down at 70 mph or anything. I will play around with is some more tomorrow, any questions let me know, I will do my best to answer.

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-Full-HD-1080p-PoE-IndoorOutdoor-Night-Vision-2-Pack-Dome-Cameras.product.100043750.html

I just got my Lorex system in today, pretty nice so far. I close on my new house Wed next week, so it will be a bit before they are mounted. I was looking for a dome solution for 2 locations and came across these at Costco. One thing I don't care for with these cams(Lorex) is the size of the hole that will need to be drilled to mount, a bit bigger then a bottlecap. NVR fan noise is well normal for a piece of networking equipment, you can definitely hear it, but it's not like riding with the windows down at 70 mph or anything. I will play around with is some more tomorrow, any questions let me know, I will do my best to answer.

Thanks, just put in my order in for a pack.

This if funny. I tried ordering these cameras off lorex's site and they are not for sale yet. I had to open a few tickets to them just to get a answer, and here it is:

Ticket Updatedcreation date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hello Scott

You recently submitted ticket number 117560 has been updated by a member of our team.

You Asked Us: New Dome IP Camera

Lorex: Hello, We have not been given a definite time for the release of this model of cameras, however logistics has informed us that it will be at least 3 months out from now. Thanks, Lorex

We hope this has answered your question sufficiently. Please contact us again if you require any additional information.

Thank you,

Lorex Technology.

My only issue with domes is they are a pain in the ass to adjust...but i like the way they look over the bullets. I have the swann system

I hope you have good luck with them.I'm just not a fan of ir in a dome camera.

I am not a huge fan of ir domes either, and where the domes will be will always be lit anyway. (Electriconic eye controller for my outside lights) I got them more or less because a dome will work much better in that location then a bullet.

These cameras have the same type of warning that the Swann bullet cams had "Compatible with Lorex NVR only. Cameras are not intended to be connected to the local network directly". Do you think this just means it is a royal PITA to get it to work without an NVR?

These cameras have the same type of warning that the Swann bullet cams had "Compatible with Lorex NVR only. Cameras are not intended to be connected to the local network directly". Do you think this just means it is a royal PITA to get it to work without an NVR?

I received and installed one of these cams today to work with Blue Iris. Everything works great! It was a heck of an upgrade from the Q-See 1080p dome. The setup was tricky as the default IP was 192.0.0.64. You can either use the Hikvision software or just temporarily set a laptop to the that subnet, hook it into the same switch as the camera...then login using the default ip. The default username was different than the swann branded bullets. It was admin/000000. Once you get in you can set the network specifics to your LAN settings. Overall VERY impressed with this camera, and haven't even gotten a chance to play with the settings. Fingers crossed on the IR (being a dome and all) but the area I put it in is pretty well lit so I might not need them.

I received and installed one of these cams today to work with Blue Iris. Everything works great! It was a heck of an upgrade from the Q-See 1080p dome. The setup was tricky as the default IP was 192.0.0.64. You can either use the Hikvision software or just temporarily set a laptop to the that subnet, hook it into the same switch as the camera...then login using the default ip. The default username was different than the swann branded bullets. It was admin/000000. Once you get in you can set the network specifics to your LAN settings. Overall VERY impressed with this camera, and haven't even gotten a chance to play with the settings. Fingers crossed on the IR (being a dome and all) but the area I put it in is pretty well lit so I might not need them.

Cant wait to see pictures and video. Let me know if you need a place to host videos.

Cant wait to see pictures and video. Let me know if you need a place to host videos.

I can def post a before (Q-See 1080p Dome) and after (Lorex 1080p dome) daytime comparison pic tomorrow. Was having issues with off colors with intense sunlight. The Lorex handles the daylight lighting situation (with a dim porch) amazingly well. The IR is on par with the Swann Bullets, I see no noticeable bleed...but I still have landscape lights on so the cam is not in total darkness yet. Dome is definitely better appearance than bullet (per spouse). I am thoroughly impressed with these cameras for a low budget residential install. Buellwinkle is the king of the video reviews, learned a lot from his website as well as this one.

so who is going to be the first to put Hikvision firmware on these? I like the new nvr software from hik.....PCNVR4200. but i think you need to have there firmware loaded on.

Hey guys. Learned alot by reading the many pages.

My question is are these Lorex Dome cams compatible with the Lorex 8 Channel Full HD PoE NVR Security System with 2TB Hard Drive and 4 HD 1080p that Costco sells? I am assuming yes but I want to make sure before i pull the trigger.

Also, can these dome cams be mounted to a wall on its side so I guess is it 3 axis? Thanks.

Hey guys. Learned alot by reading the many pages.

My question is are these Lorex Dome cams compatible with the Lorex 8 Channel Full HD PoE NVR Security System with 2TB Hard Drive and 4 HD 1080p that Costco sells? I am assuming yes but I want to make sure before i pull the trigger.

Also, can these dome cams be mounted to a wall on its side so I guess is it 3 axis? Thanks.

yes yes

I hope you have good luck with them.I'm just not a fan of ir in a dome camera.

Is because of the possible reflection from the clear dome housing?

Thanks zikronix. I just wanted to make sure.

I am in Canada and Costco does not sell the Lorex 2 pack dome. I was wondering if anyone has seen these in store or are they available online only. Same for the 4 bullet cams NVR package?

I couldnt find this answer anywhere but maybe someone has done it here. Would the Lorex Domes work with the SWANN NVR package that Costco sells? Thanks.

Thanks zikronix. I just wanted to make sure.

I am in Canada and Costco does not sell the Lorex 2 pack dome. I was wondering if anyone has seen these in store or are they available online only. Same for the 4 bullet cams NVR package?

I couldnt find this answer anywhere but maybe someone has done it here. Would the Lorex Domes work with the SWANN NVR package that Costco sells? Thanks.

The two pack domes are available to purchase directly from the Lorex website.

I'm also in Canada and bought the lorex 4 pack bullet + nvr kit from costco.ca but it seems that they are now gone and have been relpaced with the Swann systems. Costco seems to be only carrying one brand of the kit or the other.