djadam

using pss to tour 4 nvrs

Hi Guys,

I posted this before in the wrong section..sorry.

I have 4 nvrs on my network. Am i able to see all 4 nvrs on one monitor through some sort of touring with pss?

how would I do this?

Thankyou

If you just want to see them all, use a Monitor Task. If you want to tour, use Monitor Tasks + Monitor Project. You can configure them via Scheme Task Config in Settings menu.

Also, you can modify the general options and just remember the monitor layout.

You can add a channel to a monitor task if you right click on the window of the video.

Hi Guys,

I have 4 nvrs on my network. Am i able to see all 4 nvrs on one monitor through some sort of touring with pss?

how would I do this?

Thankyou

Download PSS from Dahua website. Add each NVR as a device, than make as many boxes as you want to view that amount

of cameras, and just drag which cameras on which NVR you want and you will be watching all 4 NVRS at the same time.

And then once you do that, save it as a task so it opens up like that automatically from now on. I haven't made a task in PSS yet, but that's what you should do I believe.

Hi Guys,

how would I do this?

Thankyou

Hi forget PSS use link sent in PM

Hi forget PSS use link sent in PM

If you think he should forget PSS, I would love to see that link too.

If for some reason it can not be posted in public, please PM me

DSS is way more complicated then PSS

depends if the OP knows his way around PSS either way it only take 30 mins to work it out.

I would not recommend it for normal/non-distribuited installations.

is this not what its for ........................ lots more options than basic PSS ..... add IP at later date ..... better alarms ..... much faster playback

Hello everyone,

Thankyou so much for the replies.....I have been flat out working....Just so everyone know I am an electrician who installs BAS systems and am starting to do security as well.

After reading the replies...Monitoring Task is of course what I was looking for.

All good now. I did this using PSS scheduling a task ...add name of task and then having each channel fullscreen and adding them one by one.

I tried adding all channels at one ..this then makes all the channels come up at once on the screen and doesn't "tour" each screen individually. It just brings them all up on one screen.

Thanks again for the replies.

Adam

Touring would require a Project with multiple Tasks.

@shockwave199: DSS is a Distribuited Surveillance System. In a single-user/single PC mode will complicate things...