Sign in to follow this  
Nola26

Install/ hold harmless agreement

I am just getting started in CCTV installs. I have a registered business and liability insurance. I am starting this as a side business and only plan on doing a few installs a year. I am looking for a sample of an install contract and a hold harmless agreement for CCTV installers. Can't find much online and can't afford a lawyer to have one drawn up. For the agreement, I just need the basic agreement and payment terms. For the hold harmless, I was told I need something covering me incase something happens and the system fails or doesn't catch the incident on camera.

Does anyone have a sample of these documents or can maybe point me in the right direction to get them?

Thanks.

alarmcontracts.com Ken Kirschenbaum he has contracts that will cover what you are looking for.

Holds harmless usually revolve around injuries say should your system fail and a person is injuried they hold you harmless, it usually does not cover the failure of a system to perform.

For this you will want to write in some clause that says without regular system maintenance and checkups you can not be responsible for the health of the system and its components.

Of course this does not stop someone from taking you to court. You should look into it, for me my insurance is only 1300 a year, and I am covering CCTV alarm and access control with failure to perform and 2 mil liability.

Yeah I pay about £90 a year with £1 million liability as for terms I wrote my own on every contract.

I cannot be responsible for what the system captures or not

Title to the goods does not pass until final payment is received

Warranty is voided if a third party works on the system during warranty

there are about three more which i can't remember at the moment

I write these into the quotation and not the invoice so if the quotation is accepted along with it goes the terms

Yeah I pay about £90 a year with £1 million liability as for terms I wrote my own on every contract.

I cannot be responsible for what the system captures or not

Title to the goods does not pass until final payment is received

Warranty is voided if a third party works on the system during warranty

there are about three more which i can't remember at the moment

I write these into the quotation and not the invoice so if the quotation is accepted along with it goes the terms

90$ - american keyboard no pound sign and I am not looking up the alt code you have it nice I am paying 1300$ a year but that is at 2 mil liability, failure to perform, damage, bunch of other crap they make us take.

Never thought about the warranty void part, will have to write that into mine.

156 is £. Here is a link to the Extended ASCII Character Set http://www.irongeek.com/alt-numpad-ascii-key-combos-and-chart.html. Use the left columns for Windows, even though the page says that the right columns are "Window's ANSI/ISO Latin-1/ANSI Extended ASCII"

I use some of them regularly. For instance:

¢ = 155

½ = 171

¼ = 172

µ = 230

Ω = 234

√ = 251

To use, press and hold the "Alt" key while entering the number on the numeric keypad, then release the "Alt" key. The numbers across the top of the keyboard don't work.

Among my favorites: π r ■ (Pi r Squared)

156 is £. Here is a link to the Extended ASCII Character Set http://www.irongeek.com/alt-numpad-ascii-key-combos-and-chart.html. Use the left columns for Windows, even though the page says that the right columns are "Window's ANSI/ISO Latin-1/ANSI Extended ASCII"

I use some of them regularly. For instance:

¢ = 155

½ = 171

¼ = 172

µ = 230

Ω = 234

√ = 251

To use, press and hold the "Alt" key while entering the number on the numeric keypad, then release the "Alt" key. The numbers across the top of the keyboard don't work.

Among my favorites: π r ■ (Pi r Squared)

Thanks for the info, I know how to use an alt code, was just saying I was to lazy to look it up.