Can a client connect to ACC 4.x and ACC 5.x servers at the same time?

Is there a free upgrade if ACC 4.x was purchased after ACC 5.x was announced?

Best,

Christopher

The Gateway licenses is a license in 4.0 so you can connect unlimited mobile devices (Apple/Android) and view your cameras. You only needed one license per server.

With 5.0 they removed the Gateway license, audio license and some 3rd party access control licenses. So all you need now is the camera licenses!! very cool

4.0 client will not connect to 5.0 server and 5.0 client will not connect to 4.0 server. They are to totally different solutions and don't think of this a update this a redesign.

Upgrades from 4.0 to 5.0 will not happen to Oct 2013 (5.2) and if you purchased 4.0 licenses after Sept 10 2012 with will be entitled to a complimentary upgrade license.

4.0 client will not connect to 5.0 server and 5.0 client will not connect to 4.0 server.

Will it be possible to run a 4.0 client and 5.0 client on the same workstation at the same time?

Will it be possible to run a 4.0 client and 5.0 client on the same workstation at the same time?

yes, but there is a but...

Client 4 and Client 5 can run side by side, however they cannot be installed on the same machine at the same time.

Avigilon are going to release a v4 client "no install" version that will just run allowing you to install v5 and then just run the v4 client.

I havnt checked the partner portal yet to see if it has been released.

I saw somewhere that it would be on friday, but which friday i have no idea...

yes, but there is a but...

Client 4 and Client 5 can run side by side, however they cannot be installed on the same machine at the same time.

Avigilon are going to release a v4 client "no install" version that will just run allowing you to install v5 and then just run the v4 client.

I havnt checked the partner portal yet to see if it has been released.

I saw somewhere that it would be on friday, but which friday i have no idea...

Stand Alone ( portable ver) avail on partner portal already

I'm a little confused.

They have released 5.0 but not an upgrade until fall?

So if you want to run 5.0 server now you have to do a total uninstall of 4.12?

I'm a little confused.

They have released 5.0 but not an upgrade until fall?

So if you want to run 5.0 server now you have to do a total uninstall of 4.12?

It's my understanding that the 4.x and 5.x databases are different. I'm guessing one feature of the upgrade utilities is to convert a 4.x database to a 5.x database. I expect someone with more information will follow up.

Best,

Christopher