Sign in to follow this  
keepsafe

Swann 1080p HD NVR IP Bullet Cameras not showing IP address?

I bought the Swann 1080p 2 Pack HD NVR IP Bullet Cameras again because the first pair were defected and now this time, it's not showing the IP address when plugged to router/switch with PoE. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it and I do notice these were opened or used before because instructions crumpled up along with boxes not stored properly inside the original box. How do I get the IP address to show up? It's plug with the proper ethernet but it just not showing IP address

Use the reset button on the back to reset to defaults.

Okay just followed what u said and I still don't see the IP address on the router. I heard it a reset/restart click sound and infrared led lights up. Very odd.

Use the reset button on the back to reset to defaults.

Okay just followed what u said and I still don't see the IP address on the router. I heard it a reset/restart click sound and infrared led lights up. Very odd.

By default the DHCP client in the camera is disabled.

See here for the same camera info.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35954

default ip of cameras are 192.0.0.64

username admin

pass 000000 OR 123456

From IE (if you can access the NVR from a browser, or connect directly for similar options):

Configuration - Camera Management - IP Camera. This will give you a grid of IPs for all detected devices.

It's a pain, but you need to set your PC/laptop to a fixed IP address in the same subnet like 192.0.0.65 and then you can connect to the camera at 192.0.0.64 from your browser and that will let you change the address to something on your home subnet. If it was a Hikvision, they provide software to do this, but not with Lorex/Swann that I know off.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download.asp

SADP Software

i used that just 2 days ago to set my cameras up

the software will allow you to detect the cameras regardless of IP address, and change the ip address to one that you can access. i used this software to setup my swann cameras from costco.

Main function of SADP Software:

SADP Software supports to search all the online devices in a LAN and show the model, IP Address, Port Number, Device Serial NO., Subnet Mask, MAC Address, Software Version, DSP Version about device. It also supports to modify IP, mask IP and to resume default password by inputting the secure code.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download.asp

SADP Software

i used that just 2 days ago to set my cameras up

the software will allow you to detect the cameras regardless of IP address, and change the ip address to one that you can access. i used this software to setup my swann cameras from costco.

Main function of SADP Software:

SADP Software supports to search all the online devices in a LAN and show the model, IP Address, Port Number, Device Serial NO., Subnet Mask, MAC Address, Software Version, DSP Version about device. It also supports to modify IP, mask IP and to resume default password by inputting the secure code.

Yes, this works very well, and is a lot easier for me than changing the IP address on the PC. I even tried it with 2 new Hik 3MP bullets plugged in at the same time, so both had the default 192.0.0.64 address, and it pulled up both of them at once and let me change the IP addresses with a few clicks.

It's a pain, but you need to set your PC/laptop to a fixed IP address in the same subnet like 192.0.0.65 and then you can connect to the camera at 192.0.0.64 from your browser and that will let you change the address to something on your home subnet. If it was a Hikvision, they provide software to do this, but not with Lorex/Swann that I know off.

Of course we do!

http://www.swann.com/downloads/New_FTP/Name/NVR_Temporary/Software/SwannView%20NVR.exe

It's on the disc you get with an NVR, but not with cameras because you're meant to be connecting them to our NVR.

Hmm, just received 2 Swann 1080ps from Costco. Neither password is working (000000 123456).

I guess I do a reset and see if these have already been used and returned by someone else.

Well, apparently I am a bad skimmer - 12345 worked fine. I swear I saw 123456 several places.

It's on the disc you get with an NVR, but not with cameras because you're meant to be connecting them to our NVR.

That's what I meant, you don't include the SADP camera finder program with each of your cameras like Hikvision does but you probably don't intend people to use it without the NVR, so makes sense.

Does the Swann firmware support avoiding the NVR and writing to an NFS mount point? I had to go to version 5 of the firmware on the Hikvision version to get this to work properly. Really cool feature.