shockwave199

Windows Phone 8 compatability

I'm on the verge of needing to upgrade my windows phone 7.5 to WP8. This is partly due to needing dahua compatability. But, I have to at least consider hikvision, swann, and lorex nvr systems because any one of them is fair game when I eventually find the right one for me. Now, I know everyone will say andriod all the way. That's obvious I know- everything seems well suported on androids. But, I love windows phone and I want to get an 820 with WP8 on it. Does anyone use WP8 with the above systems and can confirm camera apps work on it? I know DMSS does not, nor does GDMSS. But I know wDMSS does, at least the light version anyway. I'm not expecting any full verification from you all, but I figured I'd ask before I made the upgrade in case anyone has WP8 compatability insights. Thanks!

Windows Phone posted the largest year-over-year gain among the leading operating systems, more than doubling its size from a year ago. Nokia was largely responsible for driving these volumes higher, accounting for 79.0% of all Windows Phone shipments during the quarter. Since Nokia began shipping Windows Phone devices, the company has shipped a total of 20.3 million units and grown the footprint worldwide to include address multiple market segments. Meanwhile, other vendors continue to offer Windows Phone devices, but mainly as an alternative to their signature Android devices. Still, the gains made by Windows Phone demonstrate both end-user demand and OEM support.

Be a stand out- make sure Swann offers WP support- something that for now will a huge bonus compared to the others who only claim it but, it's hit and miss.

So, wdmss lite for windows phone 8/dahua is totally sweet if anyone needs that-

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/wdmss-lite/6fa6ce4f-e9bf-41ee-bb00-f6dea7b715c4

Free version has everything you mostly need, except for device config and playback. I don't use the phone app for that. But for 4 bucks you can get the full app.

Now if hikvision/lorex/swann would remember there are WP users out here too- a lot of us- that would be good to support. Although I suppose there might be generic apps that can handle the task too.

Are you able to pinch and squeeze to digitally zoom in? I've been waiting for Dahua to allow that in the iphone forever.

I found IP Cam Viewer is compatible with Dahua and allows pinch and squeeze, but I just don't like the lay out of that app.

You can pinch and squeeze on fixed cameras? On the iphone, pinch and squeeze works well for ptz's, but does nothing

for fixed cameras.

Oh but wait- I have an actual ptz, so pinch/squeeze moves the camera. And to clarify, I'm talking about my analog dahua dvr setup. With the IP system I have in the app too, pinch/squeeze does not digitally zoom.

That's what I'm waiting dahua to add to the app. I get so many customers asking me to digitally zoom in by using the iphone.

Every other app for every other camera system does that. In IP cam viewer, I can view my fixed cameras and digitally zoom in, but like I said, I do not like the layout. When you open that app, every single camera you have entered, starts to load up. It's only good if you have like 4 cameras.

This is what you get as soon as you open the app. It's very annoying that I cannot choose just one camera to open, but

I use the app to show customers there is an option if they want to pinch and squeeze for their own cameras.

227507_1.jpg

If you are still using Windows Phone, this WP app by me lets you start one camera at a time, or up to 10.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/netcam-x-delux/66274dac-f8c0-42e7-9537-ec1aff1c1477

NetCam X Delux is for Axis and Panasonic BL-C/BB-HCM network cameras, and others such as Dahua and Hikvision. Streams H264, motion-JPEG, and single-shot JPEG (M/JPEG). Audio is streamed with the H264 video, if available and selected.

H264 up to 1920x1080 is handled, at a smooth 30 FPS.

The trial is about 99% complete: no Load of a backup, and no suspend on back key (terminates always). WP 8.1 is required.

254134_1.jpg

--

254134_2.jpg