Sign in to follow this  
wkdwrx

ip camera question

hi all I bought a few used cameras and in the box there a couple ip cameras all my cameras are analogue so I know I cant use it on my dvr I got told but am I able to hook up power to it and use the bnc plug and connect it to my tv just to see if works or cant do that ?

Some IP cameras have an analog output, but most likely you'll have to connect them to power and to a network via an Ethernet cable. Do you have a model number of the camera?

My IP camera, Dahua 3200c has two stream. Mainstream - 1080p and Substrem - D1.

The Mainstream see more (area) than Substrem, how can I change it ?

1080p and D1 have different aspect ratios. 1080p is 16:9 (HD, aka widescreen), and D1 is 4:3 (SD, like old-style TVs), so they can't show the same area unless one's distorted - either stretched or squashed, depending on which way you go. I don't think the Dahua allows you to do that except in the web browser.

The HFW3300C doesn't have a 4:3 setting above D1 - both MP settings, 720p and 1080p, are HD aspect ratio. Likewise, it doesn't have a 16:9 setting below 720p; everything below that is SD aspect ratio.

The 3MP 3300C uses 4:3 for the 3MP setting, but you don't have that on yours.

My IP camera, Dahua 3200c has two stream. Mainstream - 1080p and Substrem - D1.

The Mainstream see more (area) than Substrem, how can I change it ?

This has nothing to do with the OP's question.

1080p and D1 have different aspect ratios. 1080p is 16:9 (HD, aka widescreen), and D1 is 4:3 (SD, like old-style TVs), so they can't show the same area unless one's distorted - either stretched or squashed, depending on which way you go. I don't think the Dahua allows you to do that except in the web browser.

The HFW3300C doesn't have a 4:3 setting above D1 - both MP settings, 720p and 1080p, are HD aspect ratio. Likewise, it doesn't have a 16:9 setting below 720p; everything below that is SD aspect ratio.

The 3MP 3300C uses 4:3 for the 3MP setting, but you don't have that on yours.

I have the same stream (D1) in my smatphone and I see the same area like on 1080p.

Also I have similar camera IPC-HBD3200C (the same resolution) and it's all works fine. I see the same area on all streams.

The question I why ?

If you see the same field of view on both D1 and 1080p, it means that either the D1 is a squeezed down 16:9 image (this seems like the most likely case), or the 1080p is a stretched 4:3 image. You can't see the same image on both without one or the other being distorted, by definition.

This is a choice the software developers make - whether to keep the aspect ratio correct or change it to fit one way or the other.

My 3300C, which is the same as the 3200C except for the extra 3MP setting, shows the same image height on D1 and 720p, but the 720p shows more image on the right and left.

This is what the camera sends out. The smartphone software may change this and display things differently, but that depends on that software. The version of IP Cam Viewer Pro on my iPhone shows all cameras the same in the matrix view, but shows the correct aspect ratio in individual camera view.

As for the analog output, the image it changes based on the camera setting, and it shows nearly the entire field of view of the digital image, except the width is cut down on the 16:9 settings to fit the analog view.