sunnyflorida

Best security system

Hi,

I want to purchase a security system to capture parking lot license plates. The camera i can zoom and also want to spend max $500

When they are on the lot & parked or as they enter/leave?

I want to see their tags when they leave. I have people dump their trash at my company dumpster.

>>>>

here are two options that i've used...

results are great, but you might want to stretch your budget a bit...

http://avigilon.com/products/cameras/hd ... ro-camera/

http://www.dallmeier.com/en/cctv-ip-vid ... merar.html

>>>>>>>>>>>

These are pretty good how much did you pay?

Why do you need a PTZ? Why not a fixed camera with a varifocal lense and just focus it to where plates pass? And than a 2nd camera of the whole lot so you can get a make and model of the car?

In that case I would recommend a 5mp avigilon bullet.

It's above your budget but gets fantastic results.

I've got one looking at a boom gate that is getting plates 100m away from the camera. It's the 9-22 mm lens version.

In your budget, consider the Hikvision bullet ds-2cd2032 with a 12mm lens. I use that at home and I can read plates during the day at about 70-80'. You can get them for as little as $177 shipped.

Sorry but a hikvision is not going to work for you for A parking lot unless you can install camera close to entry or exit.

Can you post a picture of area

With my 12mm lens, I can cover about a 50' width at 70-80' so it depends on the distance from camera to subject. With the standard lens, you can hit a 50' width at about 20', but then you can't get detail at 70-80'. Of course at that price and his $500 budget, he can get 3 of them in different lens configurations to suit the situation, they come in 4, 6 & 12mm. I would say get a varifocal lens, but to get the sharpness in detail on a lower cost camera (under $500), you need fixed lenses.

Here's a car about 70-80' away, the street is 33' wide so you can use that as a gauge. The home lots are about 60' wide, another gauge. Click on the image to see it larger, then click on the 4 arrows in the lower right to see the full 3MP resolution.

228195_1.jpg

I would say get a varifocal lens, but to get the sharpness in detail on a lower cost camera (under $500), you need fixed lenses.

but his limit is 500 so op can have 50mm varifocal WDR ROI ePTZ DNR 2 way audio full lens remote

Exactly. I should be getting a 3MP Hikvision varifocal dome for testing soon and we can see how the varifocal stacks up against the fixed lens. I know in the same exact spot, a Dahua 3MP bullet was soft in comparison and not able to read plates at the same distance.

At night my hik 2032 4mm had too much IR on the plate, and it was unreadable... But the car was parked about 5m from the camera...

With my 12mm lens, I can cover about a 50' width at 70-80' so it depends on the distance from camera to subject. With the standard lens, you can hit a 50' width at about 20', but then you can't get detail at 70-80'. Of course at that price and his $500 budget, he can get 3 of them in different lens configurations to suit the situation, they come in 4, 6 & 12mm. I would say get a varifocal lens, but to get the sharpness in detail on a lower cost camera (under $500), you need fixed lenses.

Here's a car about 70-80' away, the street is 33' wide so you can use that as a gauge. The home lots are about 60' wide, another gauge. Click on the image to see it larger, then click on the 4 arrows in the lower right to see the full 3MP resolution.

228195_1.jpg

Day time is easy....Lets see that same shot at night.

Why not a fixed camera with a varifocal lense and just focus it to where plates pass? And than a 2nd camera of the whole lot so you can get a make and model of the car?

This is more to what you need to actually prove illegal dumping. I would suggest a proper camera for grabbing plates at the dumpster if possible. Make it easy, not hard- the best time to catch a plate is when the vehicle is stopped at the dumpster. If that's not practical, aim it where a vehicle is moving the slowest in the lot such as entrance/exit. A second camera should be aimed a bit wider at the dumpster with the goal of recording the person actually dumping illegally and if possible from that same fov, a shot of them taking the trash from the vehicle. From the combined footage, you catch them in the act, and then you can find them via the plate number. I wouldn't suggest relying on just one camera to do the job.

Don't think it's the right camera listed ....but still no chance of plate.

Rml2dYVHFVw

Having just been through the same exercise although with an analogue NVR camera, here are a few things I've found. The target area in your case should be back down the road near the wheelie-bin. This is the spot that the vehicles are coming directly towards the camera. Your lens will need to be at least 50mm to get a clear image in all conditions. If you use a 50mm lens looking at you existing target area the car will transverse the FOV too quickly for the slower shutter speed used at night and the image will blur. If you adjust it back to say 30mm you may overcome the blurring but not get a clear plate image.

This is just what I found on a recent job.

Why not a fixed camera with a varifocal lense and just focus it to where plates pass? And than a 2nd camera of the whole lot so you can get a make and model of the car?

This is more to what you need to actually prove illegal dumping. I would suggest a proper camera for grabbing plates at the dumpster if possible. Make it easy, not hard- the best time to catch a plate is when the vehicle is stopped at the dumpster. If that's not practical, aim it where a vehicle is moving the slowest in the lot such as entrance/exit. A second camera should be aimed a bit wider at the dumpster with the goal of recording the person actually dumping illegally and if possible from that same fov, a shot of them taking the trash from the vehicle. From the combined footage, you catch them in the act, and then you can find them via the plate number. I wouldn't suggest relying on just one camera to do the job.

sorry shockwave , your post was on the 2nd page & I didn't see it.

Don't think it's the right camera listed ....but still no chance of plate.

Rml2dYVHFVw

Having just been through the same exercise although with an analogue NVR camera, here are a few things I've found. The target area in your case should be back down the road near the wheelie-bin. This is the spot that the vehicles are coming directly towards the camera. Your lens will need to be at least 50mm to get a clear image in all conditions. If you use a 50mm lens looking at you existing target area the car will transverse the FOV too quickly for the slower shutter speed used at night and the image will blur. If you adjust it back to say 30mm you may overcome the blurring but not get a clear plate image.

This is just what I found on a recent job.

no. that's not my camera ....... was just showing a hik has no chance at night ....... don't know which hik video is showing

To capture a plate at night, you need enough illumination to counter the backlight effects of the headlights. You also need to fill the frame with just the front (or rear) of the car. Resolution doesn't really matter because if you capture a large scene, even though the plate is readable during the day, it's impossible for the camera to get the correct exposure for plate when it has to adjust exposure for the entire scene. To do it with the Hivision 12mm bullet in my video above, the camera would have to be about 10' away from the car's bumper and you have chance maybe with BLC on and the car is stopped or moving slowly.

In your budget, consider the Hikvision bullet ds-2cd2032 with a 12mm lens. I use that at home and I can read plates during the day at about 70-80'. You can get them for as little as $177 shipped.

Thanks for posting this info along with the screenshot. I'm new to this but have done a little research so far and this was very helpful. If you're bored and want to help a newbie shoot me a private message I'm curious if you use PoE, what DVR, etc.