Sign in to follow this  
Marky48170

Bugs leaving a trail when flying buy at night with ir on.

The camera I have works great during the day but at night if someone walks by or if a bug flys by it looks like its leaving a trail behind them. Not sure which settings I need to change on the cam menu. The camera is from Empire one of there 700TVL bullet cams.

The camera I have works great during the day but at night if someone walks by or if a bug flys by it looks like its leaving a trail behind them. Not sure which settings I need to change on the cam menu. The camera is from Empire one of there 700TVL bullet cams.

Typical of a cheap camera where they have tried to overcome its poor low light performance by decreasing the shutter speed when in IR mode. This results in a moving subject within the frame (a bit like time exposure) and results in the blur you are seeing.

Hi.

The key problem is the "auto frame adjustment" function begin to work. At day time, the camera is 25 frame per second (PAL) or 30 frame per second (NTSC). But, at night, the image will be poor than day time, so some factories tried to adjust the "frame rate" to make image looks more clear. I think your camera should be auto adjusted to 8 or 12 frame per second.

Which type of camera you ordered from Ampire? The boss of Ampire is one Chinese, reputation is not bad. Just technology ability is limited. Please email the camera picture and type to marvinyoung@163.com

Maybe I can find out the OSD menu operation way, then let you know how to turn off this function.

Marvin Young

Which type of camera you ordered from Ampire? The boss of Ampire is one Chinese, reputation is not bad. Just technology ability is limited. Please email the camera picture and type to

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> guy is American NY.

I sent the picture of the camera to your e mail address. There is no model number on the box.

you might be best posting camera image here

also could be a DVR setting problem so make of DVR will also be good

This is STILL a wonder? Lower or turn off any NR settings. Lower or turn off any sens up settings. Incrementally raise the shutter speed. You'll see a noisier picture but gone will be your ghosting. You can try any of those settings that apply one by one and find the sweet spot that you can accept. You'll have to accept some noise when you dial out ghosting and trailing effects.

Not the DVR I have other cameras that don't do this. Def the camera.

Some DVRs Will only have good res for a few channels and limit the quality

Your happy to send pictures to a spammer in china.

If you don't list camera or dvr ......... It's going to be a long post

Your exposure time is too long. You'll want to limit it to 1/30 second, which will still give motion blur on cars going by, but not as much with people. 1/60 is better, but will reduce your low light quality even more.

Anything longer than 1/30 second will give more and more motion blur.

The night-vision on the first generation Effio-P chips have always left a little to be desired. In our experience you can clean up the night time picture a little bit by using the OSD menu. The sense-up is what is most likely causing this.

Also, last time I checked the boss of "Ampire" is still American.

Finally had time to work on this and I like to thank all of you for the suggestion. I did make adjustment to the shutter and noise reduction and its 100% better. Once again thank you all for your help.