CoolDude

PROVIDEO CVC-870EX?

Anyone have experience with this model. I am particuarly interested in the

0.03lux @F1.2. I am experimenting with a low light camera, a day/night with cut filter and a day/night with IR.

I have the opportunity to try one and was curious as to how it would stack up against the cut filter and the ir cameras.

Thanks

I used the CVC-637EX when it had the same lux specs as this one, it was okay, nothing amazing .. a True Day Night makes a real difference.

i agree they are slightly overpriced on some of their products, though most of their cameras are made in Korea. Korean hardware are generally higher quality than Taiwanese, and cost more.

Korea Taiwan Japan China they are all the same...the only difference is they use older kids to put the cameras together in Korea. I have had great success with Northern Video Systems helping me out with my applications. I have found Extreme CCTV to have the best IR Cameras.

Northen is great.

But you are wrong about korea and japan. almost 90% of the quality cameras that are in the market are made in one of those 2 countries, even some extreme components for their cameras are made in korea. Plus there is the question of the sony CCD chip, or the panasonic, and even the low end sharp, all made in Japan.

why isnt anyone im Miami or Ft Lauderdale on here ..

main reason i have gone up north to buy my gear is because email between the south florida co's just doesnt work .. but the shipping kills me .. hence im getting out of the hardware side for now ... too much stress and cant compete ..

i would basically need money to buy stock to keep on hand .. wont happen right now .. otherwise everyone on here is great in my books

thanks Rory.. you are so kind. hey again, next time you need any Extreme CCTV , let me know..i might be able to save you a little.

Thanks..

Howard

I have this exact model. Daylight performance is OK - nothing to get excited about. Low light performance is not that great - very grainy and can't really see that much. I have one mounted where a street light illuminates the area and unless subject is right under the light it's very difficult to see anything.If you are looking for a low-light camera I would get something else in my opinion (a true day/night like has been suggested).