Firefighter

I finally pulled the trigger

Interesting setup and noticeable jump in quality from analog.

Can you show picture of how you mounted the camera?

Is the camera secured to a vertical (wall) or horizontal surface (soffit)?

Care to list what seller you purchased from?

Thanks.

That's a huge improvement, and your night shots with full lighting look great.

Are you in a PAL country, vs NTSC? If so, that's why you have 1/25 and 1/50 instead of 1/30 and 1/60. If not, it's probably because you have video standard on the Image configuration page set for 50 Hz instead of 60 Hz. If that doesn't match your local line frequency, it can cause issues with rolling bars from the lighting, but you'd probably have seen that by now.

Nice! Looks great. You'll also want to walk around out there and see how your video looks with movement, day and night. Motion blur should be not tolerated at all. Tolerate a little noise at night, not motion blur. I'd also like to see you in a shot in the IR hot spot with smart IR on to see if that's working yet. I've heard it doesn't do anything as of yet. Really glad you're getting your system in place!

I'll be sure to get some video today and tonight for you guys.

Hmm, I did notice it's set to 50hz. I haven't changed it to 60, but I haven't seen any issues as far as rolling bars.

I'll try changing it to 60hz and see what happens. That would explain why I have 1/25 and 1/50 and not 1/30 and 1/60.

I'm completely new to this all, so I'm learning as I go.

Here are some more snaps from the camera itself, or it's from the capture feature on Hikvision live view. I can only assume this is the best/easiest way to snap shot. I click it and it saves a original file onto my computer.

Here's some from earlier. It's 100% overcast and I still haven't really messed with any settings.

I did move the camera slightly right and up to get better general coverage of my front yard.

You can read the 715 Mailbox numbers, maybe 45ft away. (it's 30ft out from the front door)

I thumbed up so my Wife inside would hit the capture button. lol

Be sure to click the image, and in the bottom right click the expand button for full resolution.

I was blinking in this one. lol (The fact that you can tell that, makes me happy)

237367_1.jpg

Front door, 20ft away from camera.

237367_2.jpg

The close up,

237367_3.jpg

those things give incredible night vision, shame they don't come with an 85 degree lens option

Yeah I wish they were wider as an option.

So, I uploaded a video. I don't think I'm doing it right because of the quality.

But, here it is. I hit video capture on the Hikvision live view. ( Maybe that is why )

It put a 150mb file on my drive and I uploaded that to youtube without touching it.

Here is the result, It's almost dark in this video, Not real smooth, and also an issue at 30 seconds....

My neighbor just happens to want to talk about Christmas plans, haha. She's a good neighbor.

You can see me point out the camera to her at 1:12

Click this link. Hit at least 1080P.

Uploading a night video. My IR won't turn on for some reason right now... Do I need to switch to 60hz? So that it's 1/30 and 1/60 right?

Here is the night video. Outside Flood is OFF! No IR! It wont turn on. I guess I'll have to reset the camera.

Alright! Night Video with Smart IR ON! I got real close to the camera to see how the Smart IR would work, it didn't wash out. Little slow but it worked.

This was at 1/25 exposure, so I'll try 1/50 next, or swap to 1/30. Settings are still almost default. brightness and stuff about 50....

last but not least forced day mode, at night. Exposure 1/50, 15fps.

I'm getting a lot of motion blur in the darker parts of the frame.

Well the smart IR is definitely working. I think your video is the first I've seen to confirm that now. And if you really miss the wider picture, could you put it at 2MP- 1080 and gain some? Settling I know, but that's where you really fine tune what your priorities are. What you could try is digitally zooming on each area of interest. How much that image breaks down will tell you what's the least resolution you can get away with. Of course when you zoom on someone close to your front door the quality will hold up. But out on your grass and by your driveway, and the street. If those farther away areas are still critical areas, which they should be, see what you get when you walk around out there and then on playback, zoom for a snapshot and see what you have both day and night. You may need to stay at 3mp, or you may be able to drop down with no issue. If something bad happens out there in front of our cameras, the very FIRST thing you do is take snapshots zoomed as close as you can to hold clarity and help with ID. It really all comes down to that. You'll have to see if a wider 1080 will hold up under that srcutiny. If it does, it's a consideration.

Looking great though!

Here is 1536 vs 1080 taken seconds apart just now.

First 1536

237391_1.jpg

Now 1080

237391_2.jpg

While I gain width on 1080, I lose the height.

The difference in quality is easily noted in the small 24hr security sign I have at the base of the brick pillar infront of the door when you

open full res on both images.

1080 On left, 1536 On right.

237391_3.jpg

Oh yeah, I think there was a thread about the fov with hiks at various settings. I'd for sure opt for 3MP and if I felt too 'claustrophobic' I might consider moving the camera...or perhaps another one installed will give you the missing pieces. While zooming the sign certainly tells the story, do it real world with people. A little sign isn't likely to rob you any time soon.

+1

Morning

Afternoon

Night

do it real world with people. A little sign isn't likely to rob you any time soon.

Well of course it won't, but it answers the pixels question. It's really just a matter of what fov I want. Personally I like the 1536.

I feel like I get better coverage from this single camera, being able to get part of the street is a plus, not for id but for general viewing.

The remedy is another camera, which I plan to ad to cover the top of the driveway where the cars are parked.

With only two cameras, I have to get the most use possible, meaning general overall coverage. I don't have enough

cameras to start focusing on small spots. Then again, entry points would be the only real thing I should care about.

But i have other small issues with a local walking clear into my front yard to let his dog ****, and I want to catch that on camera. lol

I'm also not stressing too much, My Wife and I plan to sell this spring so I'm just going to be removing these I hope in a a few months time.

The next home will be much better thought out, planned and executed.

Here are the measured and calculated details on the 2 resolutions:

Hik 2032 3MP bullet with 4mm lens:

1080P - 77 degrees horizontal FOV

3MP - 69 degrees horizontal FOV

Hik 3MP going from 1080p (1920 x 1080) to 3MP (2048 x 1536):

7% increase in horizontal pixels, 20% decrease in field of view

42% increase in vertical pixels, 18% increase in vertical field of view.

The trade-off is more width with the 1080p vs more height with the 3MP, so whichever fits your needs best is good.

imho, 3mp looks considerably better than 1080p

yet unless you spend a large amount of money(more than $500), 5mp does not look much better than 3mp, I had hopes that the 10mp Acti would yield some gains but it was also rubbish..

maybe the $15k 16mp Avigilon, but who has a spare $15k?

What a bargain.

I don't think they are that expensive, I believe the 29MP is only $7,500 but then you need a nice lens to go with it.

To answer two questions with one answer, the Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I, runs about $259 shipped and is varifocal down to 2.8mm or 105 degree viewing angle. Also has an SD card slot and can record and playback from the web browser client using a timeline, very cool.

Oh well. I won't complain. The prices on these are great, I can't imagine what will be available/price in 5 years.

I'll take one. Mine's different that the hiks I googled...

So I'm about to be new hard drives for my i7 tower.

I'm replacing a 1TB with a SSD. Smaller just for the OS and critical programs.

I'll keep the 2tb I have but I'm buying another just for the CCTV. 3 TB or 4TB.

Would it be better to have Two 2TB or just a 4TB. 4tb should be plenty.

I might opt for the 3TB for now.... its basically $50 per 1TB for internal drives