CCTVDude

GeoVision on a Laptop???

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Channel-USB-DVR-Surveillance-System-CCTV-Security-B01_W0QQitemZ5852219937QQcategoryZ48634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

USB PC Based DVR + drivers + software = approx. 50 bucks

Bought it. Works. Supports digital zoom, montion detection, 4 channels - NTSC or PAL(must select either on installation).

Not really professional DVR but works(USB is USB).

Ah yes - drivers for XP, not linux. Software legal? Dunno, i guess yep.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Channel-USB-DVR-Surveillance-System-CCTV-Security-B01_W0QQitemZ5852219937QQcategoryZ48634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bought it. Works. Supports digital zoom, montion detection, 4 channels - NTSC or PAL(must select either on installation).

Wow! It's good to see that there is a USB version of dvr out there. What is the difference between USB and PCI based? Are the framerates slower or is the picture quality compromised? Audio enabled?

Protect your home with CCTV

Nice, definately an option.

I was hoping to get a Geo to work on a laptop somehow. Guess I was hoping for too much.

Thx thought!

I started to get excited until I saw they started at over $1000.

And with no guarantee it will work... Ouch!

Nice find though!

PCI DVRs are picky enough let alone trying to get them stable on those things, you maybe able to get away with a GV250 though.

Wow! It's good to see that there is a USB version of dvr out there. What is the difference between USB and PCI based? Are the framerates slower or is the picture quality compromised? Audio enabled?

Protect your home with CCTV

Heh. Quality i guess is so-so(never bothered to check specs). I was using this usb DVR to record wireless pinhole cams, they are poor quality by default, but anyways usb DVR is temporary solution - like spying on someone or testing cameras, cables. I would not suggest using it to record and manage some serious CCTV monitoring system permanently. But it is very affordable portable DVR on laptop.

It has to be USB 2.0.

I can't imagine somone selling such a product for version USB ver 1.1.

I would hope not anyway.

Jasper it says usb1.1 interface under General Features and under Package Contents :

4-Channel video adapter USB 1.1

If its 1.1 interface it would be good just for 1 cam,but for that purpose a usb2.0 video grabber with a generic surveillance software will be better.

GV use to make a GV-150, which was USB grabber and software for demo's. They stopped making them but there is a demand from dis. to remake them so they can provide to dealers to resell the product.

So you might want to start asking if anyone has a GV-150 kicking around and if my memory servers correct retail on the GV-150 was only 200 dollars, ball park.