UserM

Hikvision Raptor 5.1

Where exactly do I find it? I've looked in the obvoius places but do not see a place to get firmware on the hikvision webpage.

I have 5.1 beta on my first Hikvivion camera that I got for testing and loking at it today after sitting on my bench for a few days untouched I see that it is stuck in night mode. I can manually switch it to day, but on auto it goes back to night mode even when looking directly at a light. Odd, going to try new firmware once I find it....

Where exactly do I find it? I've looked in the obvoius places but do not see a place to get firmware on the hikvision webpage.

I have 5.1 beta on my first Hikvivion camera that I got for testing and loking at it today after sitting on my bench for a few days untouched I see that it is stuck in night mode. I can manually switch it to day, but on auto it goes back to night mode even when looking directly at a light. Odd, going to try new firmware once I find it....

Check the first page of this topic, second post.

Ah, I'd got the beta firmware there but assumed the official firmware once released would be accessible on their site. I guess not, so without being on a forum like this where does the average user get the firmware updates from?

If you had an issue and called their support in Los Angeles, they would send you a link to their FTP site with firmware. That's how I found out what it is..

Is anyone else having the same problems with the official release of the 5.1 Firmware.

I was running the 5.1 BETA on 4 of my Cams (Chinese 2cd3332) without any problems but this new official release of 5.1 does not work for me.

After flashing, the IR LED stays on solid and I cant connect to the camera.

Using the SADP software does not find the camera at the default address of 192.0.0.64 or any other address.

Would be pleased to know if anyone has solved this problem.

Where did you get this release? One of the official Hikvision sites? Which firmware did you install? The Raptor firmware for the 2000 series (like the ds-2cd2032)?

Its from the US FTP site....its an official version.

I have a chinese 2CD3332 so that should match up with the Raptor 2xxx series firmware which is what I have used for the last three firmware updates.

Incidentally, I finally got the 5.1 update on but I used the link provided in another post which claimed to be the 5.1 Official Chinese firmware.

I used the Web interface to do the update this time from 5.1 BETA to 5.1 Final and it worked.

I now have 5.1 Official (Release 131202) on my Chinese 2CD3332 cameras.

Not sure what is happening with the US and EURO versions.....I hope that its not a case of the firmware update being blocked. Previously I used the TFTP method to update my cameras using the firmware on the EURO site.

I hope I'm wrong otherwise this might be last update I can do for my cameras unless the Chinese versions of the firmware become available.

i have the usa DS-2CD2112-I version and i flashed it to the new firmware but do not see the new features like being able to turn off the IR light -i checked under advance configuration, system - the tabs that i have are

Device Information

Time Settings

Maintenance

RS232

DST

i don't see the service tab?

i have the usa DS-2CD2112-I version and i flashed it to the new firmware but do not see the new features like being able to turn off the IR light -i checked under advance configuration, system - the tabs that i have are

Device Information

Time Settings

Maintenance

RS232

DST

Refresh or clear browser cache.

Device Information

Time Settings

Maintenance

RS232

DST

remove webcomponents plug in, so that it will download the new version.

thanks JoeyJoey and rayt for the tips.. i actually restarted the computer and it did ask me to install the plug in.. i see the new features..

also, can anyone point me where to download the chinese firmware 5.02? a friend of mine has the chinese version of the DS-2CD2332-I and he flashed it to the 5.1 but he says that at night, the auto day/night IR mode looks darker in the new firmware version..?

I have 4 cameras (DS-2CD2132-I and DS-2CD2032-I)

I noticed that with 5.0.2, if I wanted to pull snapshot images, I used the following URL format which worked fine:

http://username:password@IP_ADDRESS/Streaming/channels/1/picture

With 5.1.0, it now returns an XML error (note "Device Error", not "Invalid Operation").

<ResponseStatus xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver10/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<requestURL>/streaming/channels/1/picture</requestURL>
<statusCode>3</statusCode>
<statusString>Device Error</statusString>
</ResponseStatus>

I have tried changing some other settings that look like they might apply, but I still cannot get it to work.

I may load up the 5.02 FW, and see what the XML returns when I just enter http://username:password@IP_ADDRESS/Streaming/channels/1 (without the /picture).

Anyone else see this issue? Anyone figure out if there is a workaround or setting to fix it?

Thanks,

Chris

Please report these issues with tech support because then they can fix it in the 5.1.1 release.

Just filed a support email with Hikvision USA.

Also reverted the FW back to 5.02 (too many things just didn't work as well with 5.1.0).

Now that the IR Leds can be disabled in night mode, I really wish they could be triggered to come on when motion is detected only.

Now that the IR Leds can be disabled in night mode, I really wish they could be triggered to come on when motion is detected only.

So how is that going to work when the camera cant see anything because its dark?

So how is that going to work when the camera cant see anything because its dark?

Magic!

If the camera was used in an area with zero light then it wouldn't work and the feature wouldn't need to be used. For applications where the camera may want to be more discrete without a visible IR light. Most decent cameras can see good enough in low light to detect motion without IR, then have it come on when its needed. It wouldn't be something commonly used, but it would be easy to add with a simple firmware change.

Are the separate day/night settings in the 5.1 firmware only available when using the scheduled switch and not the auto switch setting? For some reason, I only see the separate settings with the scheduled switch option.

Are the separate day/night settings in the 5.1 firmware only available when using the scheduled switch and not the auto switch setting? For some reason, I only see the separate settings with the scheduled switch option.

I think its a bug, if you select the Auto you don't get the option to have separate settings. If I specify a time for it to switch I get the settings. What is the best way to report defects to Hikvision, does anyone have a direct email address.

Hello,

I have just upgraded my cams to V5.1 and besides the nice new features it seems to me that Dynamic Analysis is not working, at least the motion detection is not shown on either the live view nor the Events page (the green figures that appeared in V5.0 when motion was detected).

However the motion events are sent to the recording center...

Anybody else experienced this?

thx,

pepe

I don't get the motion in green either, but, as you mention, the motion events are sent to the SW I use.

How does the ROI (Region or Interest) feature work in 5.1? (and what does it do exactly, etc...)