UserM

Hikvision Raptor 5.1

Hello,

I have just upgraded my cams to V5.1 and besides the nice new features it seems to me that Dynamic Analysis is not working, at least the motion detection is not shown on either the live view nor the Events page (the green figures that appeared in V5.0 when motion was detected).

However the motion events are sent to the recording center...

Anybody else experienced this?

thx,

pepe

Uninstall the old WebComponents then goto the cameras webpage and let it push out the new version.

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a Swann NVR with 5 Swann 825C cameras. I flashed them to the latest 5.1.0 firmware Hikvision firmware. All went well, no hiccups in rebooting or loading them back up. All features of the 5.1 firmware seem to work fine. However, now back in the NVR, when I go to select any encoding option, anything I select gets a "Settings failed" message. Any thoughts?

I just got a 2032, which came with 5.02.

Recording to NFS works, but goes back to uninitiazed upon reboot. Upgraded to 5.05 and still the same issue.

Upgraded to 5.10 and no matter what I do neither NFS nor CIFS works. The share gets mounted, and works fine on the camera within telnet (I can read and write to the share), but it won't stay Status Normal even if I don't reboot.

Is Hikvision aware of this?

Was slightly concerned there was something wrong with my camera until checked on here

Any ideas re the rebooting = uninitialized issue?

EDIT:

I also needed to add / in front of the CIFS file path to get it to mount. That might be of some help to anyone who doesn't know.

Also to mention i did make sure webcomponets was up to date.

I've sent my report to supporteuro@hikvision.com as I am in the EU.

Mine does not work with 5.1 that used to work with 5.0, so there's some improvements left to do although some people claim success. I haven't had time, but if you are Linux savvy you could telnet into the camera and see if there's any logs that show errors.

I had a teamviewer session with EU support, and showed them the issue - including a telnet session on the camera showing the NFS share was mounted, could read and write to it, but the storage location wouldn't stay normal.

In terms of debugging, I think I know how to set it but it doesn't show anything

# cd /home
# setDebug -m NAS -l 6 -d 111
modulename              level           display(FILENAME,FUNCTION,LINE)
NAS                     6               111

# debugLog

#

Maybe there's a proc setting, module or boot option that needs enabling though. I asked for that info from them as I might be able to figure it out on my own.

They are going to get back to me.

I also gave them this forum link to indicate others have problems too, whereas things worked with 5.05 (to some degree anyway).

I've now got things to work on 5.1 (yay).

I formatted a USB stick with ext3 and exported over NFS - this was rock solid. I wondered why.

I created a partition using a physical file on a hard disk, and intially this failed when initializing on the camera. It was 2Gb. 4Gb also failed but when I created a 10Gb partition this works!

Commands I used if you are interested:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/hdd/ipcam/ipcam1 count=2500000 bs=4096
# mke2fs -q ipcam1

ipcam1 is not a block special device.
Proceed anyway? (y,n) y

# mount -o loop /mnt/hdd/ipcam/ipcam1 /mnt/ipcam1

My /etc/exports:

/mnt/ipcam1 192.168.0.205(rw,fsid=1,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,anonuid=1005,anongid=1005,all_squash)

Now seems rock solid.

Before I was sharing an empty directory on a hard disk with lots of other things on, and though there was 35Gb free and no other NFS shares for some reason that was a problem.

EDIT:

Repeated the above and shared via CIFS instead of NFS. Again - problem resolved.

To save people some time - I had NFS working just fine under 5.1 with a drive shared out under FreeNAS, but I wanted to use a USB drive connected to one of my DD-WRT based routers so this necessitated SMB/CIFS. Through much trial and error this is what worked for me:

- add the relevant info under the NAS tab. case is not relevant.

- use a "/" in front of the share name (important - will now work without it)

- HDD shows "Offline" under Storage Management tab

- reboot the cam

- HDD shows "Online"

- format

- add the relevant info under the NAS tab. case is not relevant.

- use a "/" in front of the share name (important - will now work without it)

- HDD shows "Offline" under Storage Management tab

- reboot the cam

- HDD shows "Online"

- format

I do have NFS share working with FreeNAS on 5.1 firmware, however, I can't make CIFS work with FreeNAS. On the camera settings I am adding the path for the NAS the same way I do it for the NFS share. I am missing something? The path for CIFS share have different format?

Where can I get the official 5.1 firmware, Chinese version?

+1

Don't want to risk bricking my camera (Chinese version), so would like to upgrade using 5.1 Chinese firmware

I've been using that version you posted on a few dozen cameras, no problems yet, actually just used it today. I've tried it on 2032 bullet, 2132 mini dome, 2732 dome, 3332 eyeball/turret.

Having upgraded my Hikvision cameras to V5.1 and been hugely disappointed with the game of HDD format/uninitialised on my NAS I tried V5.1 again on both my cameras for the hell of it. About the only interesting thing for me in V5.1 was being able to set the frame rate from 12 to 20. The firmware is very flaky especially when using a NAS for storage (NFS in my case). Having "formatted" the HDD via the web browser I then went into the iVMS 4200 Client only to find opening the software uninitialised the HDD immediately. I then formatted the HDD from within the Client only to discover that if I tried to format the HDD share for the second camera the first immediately switched to 'uninitialised'. If I formatted the HDD from the client simply opening the camera via the web browser caused it to initialise the HDD again. None of this matters I suppose if you are using a third party Client (Xprotect Essential in my case) but I was using the Hikvision storage option to keep a safety copy on the NAS. I have reverted back to V5.0.5 because you can't have this sort of behaviour anywhere near a security system.

On the plus side going back to V5.0.5 has left the cameras with the frame rates set at 20 which was not previously available. I am also seeing a better day/night image when the WDR level is set to 20 for both. Previously 20 worked for night but 7 was about as high as I could go in day so I had to leave it at the lower number.

So worth upgrading to V5.1 choosing your settings and reverting back to the earlier f/w and seeing what extras you have been given! Otherwise wait until Hikvision get their act together and release V5.1.1 to correct the issues. I have still had to hack the V5.0.5 f/w to prevent the HDD being re-initialised during a reboot or power down.

Followed the instructions for the hack I found on another site. Basically you need to telnet into the camera (I used Putty), copy the davinci file to your NAS, use a hex editor (I used HxD) to find: 5001D4C09DE52C00001A07005CE12A00001A and replace with: 5001D4C09DE50000000007005CE100000000. Save and copy it back. You can then reboot the camera and the NAS will still show up as 'normal' rather than 'unitialised':

1. Telnet in to camera ip address with username and password. Type 'mount' to find the NAS:

240313_1.jpg

2. Copy file to NAS. Open with hex editor, find and replace string, Save and copy back to /dav folder.

240313_2.jpg

You may need to set r/w permissions on the davinci file (I had to on one camera but not the other). The camera must be able to access the NFS share before you do the hack. Do this at your own risk!

5.1 is flaky if your NFS share is on a server partition with other things on besides that share (e.g. other shares, other server files).

If the server partition is dedicated to the share and only the share you shouldn't have problems.

I created some partitions on my server (using the loop back device) and shared them 1 per NFS share and all is well.

This shouldn't be needed but is to do with the way the Hikvision fw expects the entire server reported space to be available for the share.

Yes, I created dedicated shares (with quotas) for each camera on my ReadyNAS Ultra 4+ so they should only see the disk space dedicated to each. The HDD list shows 5543Gb capacity and 2427Gb free space. Each share has a quota of 500Gb. I have to say I have a 32Gb SD card in one camera and once formatted it does remain so regardless of f/w or stop/starts. Does this still happen using SMB/CIF?

Stupidly I forgot to run the hex editor on the 5.1 davinci file to see if the hex string was the same and could be changed to eradicate the problem.

The HDD list shows 5543Gb capacity and 2427Gb free space. Each share has a quota of 500Gb.

That's what causes the problem. The camera can see the 5543Gb capacity reported by the NFS server, and thinks it should have access to all of it (regardless of any server side quota you set). It wants 5543Gb free space and considers the share invalid otherwise.

That's why you need a separate server partition for each share, so the reported capacity of that partition is fully available to the camera. It would be helpful if Hikvision changed this so you could set the quota camera side, or at least make this limitation clear to customers.

Your SD card doesn't have that issue, so works fine.

The hex code doesn't exist in 5.1, as they changed the behaviour to try to make things more stable (it is with 1 server dedicated partition per share).

You might want to check out my post about how to enable camera debugging. It may (or may not) be of some limited use.

Thanks. As far as I can see the ReadyNAS Ultra supports shares but does not allow you to partition the disk space so I am somewhat stuffed. XProtect Essential does not support archiving to a NAS. I only started using the Hikvision f/w to record to the NAS out of curiosity and it does work with the earlier f/w, albeit with the hack. I have two more cameras coming and they will have 5.1 so I was trying to get a common standard - guess I will give up on the NAS until Hikvision decide to do something to help us out.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about those products - I'm using a real linux server which takes cares of all my other server needs (email, file sharing, XBMC etc).

If you can't get behind the scenes to partition how you like, it should be possible to patch davinci on the camera to hardcode the server reported size to something like your desired quota size. Davinci would then be happy I think.

However, you would need the rights skills for that which not everyone has.

Hopefully Hikvision will further improve the NAS functionality.

If it worked as expected, I would switch out Mobotix D15's for them because they are better, but it does not, but I'm hopeful they will resolve this in time for my next project.

I hope one day these camera makers will get rid of the need for Microsoft IE ActiveX controls.

Actually, Hikvision is the only manufacturer I know of that has that annoying requirement. I have IP cameras from Dahua, Axis, Vivotek, Linksys, Panasonic, and Arecont Vision, and none of them need any sort of a browser plug-in to configure the camera.

OK, so no work around other than install older firmware. I didn't even notice this until recently because most of my cameras are running 5.0. I'm sure they just missed it in testing and if people bring it to their attention they'll fix it in a future release. I'm OK with V5 firmware, it's been stable and don't need the newer features.

What odd is you would think that if you selected Quiktime it would work on a Mac.

I can confirm that the web component for Mac works fine on Mac OS Mavericks under FW 5.1. Download link as posted by Lapheus.

I tried that on my MacBook, installed the package in that link and with Firefox or Safari on OSX Mavericks, I can say that I get the same message as before, Live View Failed with the 5.1 firmware. I'm beginning to hate Mavericks as much as 5.1. Can't even run VMWare on it so now I can't view the camera at all, either directly on OSX and on Window via VMWare.

What did you do that's different?