pcmcg

Looking for respected USA IP Cam and NVR Online Stores

Can anyone throw out some good dealers/sellers they can rcommended for IP cams and NVR devices.

1) I'm looking at Hikvision and Dahua equipment right now, but still open to others.

2) Fast shipping, items in stock, good communicaiton.

3) Provides links to major firmware updates since it seems like this is a major issue with direct chinese sellers.

Thanks a lot.

Respected? You're going to get tons of people directing you to sites that are tagged as unauthorized dealers.

Good, Cheap, Supported. Pick two. Going by your criteria you want good and supported. That's $250+/camera and NVR's get expensive.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/IP-Cameras/ci/16665/N/4045021072

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Brand_Hikvision&ci=20627&N=4045021069+4027135299

List of camera makers:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35868

Edit:

Grandstream fits cheap and supported. Quality may be hit or miss based on camera.

[MOD: Please do try to defeat the word censors. It's not complicated to understand that the software is filtering the word. Future post is just be deleted without warning]

As a NY native who has shopped at B&H for years, I will never step foot in that store or order anything online from them again. I purchased multiple products that all had hardware issues and they made me jump through hoops to honor returns and exchanges. The customer service is terrible!!!

Haha, B&H is one of the unauthorized dealers, at least on ACTi's warning - http://www.acti.com/news/Announce/Caution_to_Customers_Regarding_Unauthorized_Resellers

Depends on what cameras you want. What are you looking for? Some brands do not allow any online stores.

Authorized for Hikvision AFAIK which is what the guy wanted. It was more to show the price difference between authorized and unauthorized not to endorse that particular store. Support and warranty cost money.

I did mention grandstream for that reason. USA support, firmware available right on their site for customer usage, place to submit bugs, online USA stores, free software (albeit lacking), and all their cameras are/were $70-$350 (1MP - 5MP). If costco stopped selling that 2-pack swann/hikvision, I would have bought grandstream. If they would have offered free linux NVR software, I would have bought grandstream.

They even abide by GPL:

http://www.grandstream.com/support/faq/gnu_gpl

Have you tried ...

As a NY native who has shopped at B&H for years, I will never step foot in that store or order anything online from them again. I purchased multiple products that all had hardware issues and they made me jump through hoops to honor returns and exchanges. The customer service is terrible!!!

Unauthorized with no warranty. Try filing a warranty claim from that site you recommended and B&H will look amazing in comparison.

Have not heard back from the OP as to what specific brand of equipment he wants as that makes a big difference as to where to buy from.

It was in the original post, Hikvision and Dahua looks like the way to go now. I'm planning on an 4 to 6, 2MP cam setup. I'm fine getting something rebranded as long as features are not removed and the have the products I want. So in that case, I'd rather buy seperate component than a package deal.

I know I always say this but look at the national companies ADI Graybar Scansource, etc. I know everyone has probably had a bad experience with one or the other but I find I get better pricing no problems with returns and if you buy this stuff there will be returns. For instance I sent in 2 cameras that were not working on Mon got a call two days later asking if I wanted replacements or credit no problem. If I am in a jam I usually can get advance replacement.

Sometimes the "Unauthorized" dealers know more about the equipment than the authorized ones do and speak English vs Engrish.

Authorized dealers just mean there is an agreement between the manufacturer and the dealer to protect their margins. Costco is an authorized dealer for many DVRs, but I wouldn't want to CALL THEM for support.

nationalsecuritytech.com for example is a low profile distributor for Dahua and considered "Unauthorized" but has firmware, software, MODS and can create custom software. They have done several items for us and we are very happy. You buy from them and they support it, period. Not to mention they like to experiment with new ideas. The biggest thing I have to say about them is they do NOT try selling you a specific brand or product, they sell based upon what is best for your application..

Some hesitations on companies providing firmware is the liability if you brick your DVR. Newest firmware does not mean it is the best. Windows users should know this from Microshaft updates.

B&H is a seller site like Amazon. They push paper and packages while taking a percentage. Shop by price and you get that price level of support. Would you like someone calling you for constant support on something they made less than 5% on?

Whoever you choose, I would recommend starting with great english speaking support as the product is mass produced & dime a dozen. And, of course if Murphy is your friend, you can't help getting the rare one that doesn't work out of the box. How it is resolved is worth more.

I can't say it on the forum [MOD: But he decided to break the rule anyway; which may lead to a ban]

Also Retailers/Manufactures are not allowed to post their own urls in replies or direct members to their site(s).

Kind of skirting the rules don't you think?

My bad, was trying to send a PM but ended up posting instead by accident. I sincerely apologize.

Also Retailers/Manufactures are not allowed to post their own urls in replies or direct members to their site(s).

My bad, was trying to send a PM but ended up posting instead by accident. I sincerely apologize.

I just find it interesting that N elly gets banned from the site months ago and you are clearly breaking the forum rules but you get away with it.

You are always promoting your review site which has it's own forum.

Please do not use this forums resources to promote other forums/communities of any type. For example, don't use the PM or email system to send messages to members asking them to visit a site that is currently being censored by the forum.

You finally admit you have a another company that sells IP cameras and you are using this site and your review site to drive trafic to that site.

I really don't care because to don't have a horse in this race I just find it interesting that there is such a double standard when it comes to the rules of this forum.

I really don't care because to don't have a horse in this race I just find it interesting that there is such a double standard when it comes to the rules of this forum.

Trust me. There is no double standard here. Retailer's who repeatedly attempt to promote their businesses here via forum posts, or through a shill, are removed once their actions are discovered.

I often post links to places I have had good experiences with. For me it's member to member offering help, plain and simple. At least that's me, anyway.