reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Did you touch anything in hdd detection section? My HDDs sometimes are not found after reboot. Dmesg shows nothing about hdd, also mtab. It happends with WD Blue, WD Black, HGSLT all via esata cable with external power supply but i memorize that via usb it also happend.

In case you did not deal with it i don't want to touch anything i'm concerned about my current config. Everything works ok - finally.

GUI is not fancy or comfortable but i just got used to it. Did some User Experrience expert worked out something in that matter?

This may be a dumb question, if we upgrade to the beta firmware can we roll back to the 20141030 if need be?

No way to store more than 24 hours of recording ???

In the beginning of this thread I can read of people that declares 7/24 recording capabilities.... have been lost in some update?

Bruno

Of course it store as much as free space you have. In my case it stores about 10 days.

What happends if you clik on different date, chose channel and search? Please remember that only text with date is changed while the green background still remain on current date! This is somehow illogical and user unfriendly but that is how it works.

Of course it store as much as free space you have. In my case it stores about 10 days.

What happends if you clik on different date, chose channel and search? Please remember that only text with date is changed while the green background still remain on current date! This is somehow illogical and user unfriendly but that is how it works.

Hi Szymon_Zy!

I have set all the 4 IPCam to record whole day for every day of the week, BUT when I search, I only find for the current day the records until the current time (correct) and for the day before the records from the current time to midnight.

For all the other previous days no record at all, as I wrote, I have only the last 24 hours despite an HD of 2Tb that always maintains 1,8 Tb free !!

It should be a parameter set somewhere because the behaviour is "scientifically correct" for a system that saves only the last 24 hours...

Welcome to anybody who can help me.

Hi Szymon_Zy!

I have set all the 4 IPCam to record whole day for every day of the week, BUT when I search, I only find for the current day the records until the current time (correct) and for the day before the records from the current time to midnight.

For all the other previous days no record at all, as I wrote, I have only the last 24 hours despite an HD of 2Tb that always maintains 1,8 Tb free !!

It should be a parameter set somewhere because the behaviour is "scientifically correct" for a system that saves only the last 24 hours...

Welcome to anybody who can help me.

PM your Teamviewer info I will ask our tech team to check the settings.

I've made a little more progress on getting motion detection to work, I think.

For some reason I had to enable "alarm on monitor" in the motion detection settings, and now I can see the motion detection events coming in.

Except now it's showing a motion event every few seconds, so it's recording continuously.

Ugh I have spent so much time on this, and I still don't have motion detection working.

LOL. I can't set up email on mini nvr.

If i find a minut will test settings on camera.

I got that error too when trying to use outlook.com. The smtp server is smtp-mail.outlook.com, all I could figure out is it didn't like the "-" in the server address, so I switched to gmail and all was good.

isn't it pop3.live.com and smtp.live.com for outlook?

Oh, by the way, we are testing a new firmware 20141229 lately.

1. Updated IPC search function,

2. Support two P2P app now, Goolink and Dana (http://www.danale.com)

3. and for P2P ID we made QR Code pictures shown in the system. I don't think we will need to print all those QR code and stick it on NVR box again in the future, when the final version is officially released.

I believe someone maybe wanna have a try? Make sure your firmware version is already 20141030 before trying on 20141229.

4CH and 8CH different, since it is only a test version from us we will not show it on our website, the download link is not on our web page.

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/2014122910_mini_4ch.update

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/2014122910_mini_8ch.update

Mike

I tried this on my 4 channel and it bricked it (yes I already had 20141030).

I had to do telnet restore to fix it.

I got that error too when trying to use outlook.com. The smtp server is smtp-mail.outlook.com, all I could figure out is it didn't like the "-" in the server address, so I switched to gmail and all was good.

isn't it pop3.live.com and smtp.live.com for outlook?

3. and for P2P ID we made QR Code pictures shown in the system. I don't think we will need to print all those QR code and stick it on NVR box again in the future, when the final version is officially released.

I believe someone maybe wanna have a try? Make sure your firmware version is already 20141030 before trying on 20141229.

4CH and 8CH different, since it is only a test version from us we will not show it on our website, the download link is not on our web page.

Mike

Did you copy the downloaded file to flash drive and plug into NVR USB to make the update?

It can only be done on VGA/HDMI monitor.

IE update is not OK yet.

Did you copy the downloaded file to flash drive and plug into NVR USB to make the update?

It can only be done on VGA/HDMI monitor.

IE update is not OK yet.

Yes I tried updating using USB drive.

Hello, i´m new here.

I have new a N8 Mini from Cortier:

Link http://www.ebay.de/itm/141440298927?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

I also have 2 7links Robocams (or BluePanorama):

Link http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/NDE3NzcyOTk-/Computer_und_Zubehoer/Multimedia/Kameras/IP_Kamera_PREMIUMBLUE_PIPC_011_Pan_Tilt.html

My problem is that the NVR does not find any Ipcams oer the search menue, if i put in the ip data manually it also does not detect the camera.

Can somebody give me a hint on solving my problem?

Thanks

Mike

Same story here with my 8ch: bricked and restored through telnet then updated until 20141030... A very long "trip"!!

In case it happens again, is it possible to flash directly the most recent stable version of firmware? Can I copy in some way the content of the 3 updated partitions to be reflashed in case of brick?

Thanks

Bruno

Hello everybody,

I have Cotier Super mini NVR 8CH

S/N 201412240197

After trying to upgrade it with the last firmware of the COTIER web site (20140416_0153_3520d_nor_A_new_mini_8ch.update) my NVR was bricked.

In this topic, I found the procedure to boot on USB key, and try to upgrade the firmware but each file I triy is wrong (warm message : wrong file)

Does somebody know witch file can use ?

Best Regards

Stephane (from France, sorry for my English ... )

In this topic, I found the procedure to boot on USB key, and try to upgrade the firmware but each file I triy is wrong (warm message : wrong file)

Amongst the files extracted from the zip file there is one called "boardtype.txt". the contents of that file is "#013e#". That needs to be changed to "#0153#" after which you should be able to load the update file.

This does not however guarantee that the update will work if it is the wrong file for your nvr.

Hello, i´m new here.

I have new a N8 Mini from Cortier:

Link http://www.ebay.de/itm/141440298927?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

I also have 2 7links Robocams (or BluePanorama):

Link http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/NDE3NzcyOTk-/Computer_und_Zubehoer/Multimedia/Kameras/IP_Kamera_PREMIUMBLUE_PIPC_011_Pan_Tilt.html

My problem is that the NVR does not find any Ipcams oer the search menue, if i put in the ip data manually it also does not detect the camera.

Can somebody give me a hint on solving my problem?

Thanks

Hello everybody, i have read the forum and especially this topic.

I have bionics Super miniNVR 8ch. Firmware 20140417 hardware v4.0.

I have FOSCAM 9805,9804,9821 and with onvif i have preview of the cameras

in surveilance mode. I have enabled motion detection, but it does not seem to work.

I have contacted my supplier and i am waiting for the newest firmware.

Does the latest one listed above solve motion detection issues?

Is there a possibility to record on a 32gb USB stick? or through lan to my NAS server?

Hp microserver G8 to a shared folder?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Hello everybody, i have read the forum and especially this topic.

I have FOSCAM 9805,9804,9821 and with onvif i have preview of the cameras

in surveilance mode. I have enabled motion detection, but it does not seem to work.

I have contacted my supplier and i am waiting for the newest firmware.

Does the latest one listed above solve motion detection issues?

Is there a possibility to record on a 32gb USB stick? or through lan to my NAS server?

Hp microserver G8 to a shared folder?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Fisherman,

Hello there. I am also very new at this. Matter of fact I have only had my ESCAM 8ch Super Mini NVR for a day now. I have managed to upgrade the firmware on it to the 20141030.

As far as the USB; I do not believe that the mini nvrs are capable of recording to USB drives as they are too slow. But you should be able to record to a NAS (I believe).

I have a usb hdd drive attached but I can not get it to record there either. Not sure if it is a USB limitation or if it is that most usb thumb drives are usually too slow and USB storage is disabled all together. (It could also be that I am new to this and can not get recording to work over usb hdd)

Has anyone been successful upgrading to the very latest (beta) 20141229 firmware on an ESCAM super mini NVR (8ch) ?

If I brick it do I have to go all the way back and upgrade one by one or is there a shortcut?

I believe orsodimare is also in the same boat and has tried this but was unsuccessful. I also have interest and if you figure out how to get to this firmware please let me know!!!

How did you manage to upgrade it? USB stick? Why is there such a big percentage of Brick? due to wrong firmware or procedure of installation? How do you thing is possible to record to a NAS? Does the new firmware give this solution? In mine i cannot see anything like it as an option.

How did you manage to upgrade it? USB stick? Why is there such a big percentage of Brick? due to wrong firmware or procedure of installation? How do you thing is possible to record to a NAS? Does the new firmware give this solution? In mine i cannot see anything like it as an option.

FISHERMAN,

I just went to the urcctvstore downloads section and retrieved the file. It was on an amazon file server. I then put the file on a clean usb stick (although it does not have to be clean). Put the stick in the nvr and went to the upgrade area. (note: you must be plugged into a tv or monitor and have a mouse, I was not able to get it to work through web interface) Once it is upgraded you must reboot immediatly. One other thing is make sure you go in order of firmwares, don't skip one to upgrade.

Hi , I'm the (unlucky) owner of a COTIER 8CH mini NVR , and I'm trying to make it usable : I tried to make it recognize some cameras as Apexis J011,Vivotek IP-7134,Axis211W and a couple of Geovision GV series , but NONE of these worked , neither writing in manual mode the IP settings ( of course all cameras worked fine on PC ) : the only things it seems to see are some Foscam onvif cameras , no RTSP,I8,I9 ...

In your opinion , could an upgrade or a firmware replacement do the magic ?

Thank you so much

Fabio

Which are the Firmwares i have to use?? I have already contact my supplier, but up to

now they tell me they do not have other fw from the factory. The cost of this

nvr is about 90euro and it seems it is only capable of checking the cameras

in realtime or having it to record 24/7. In case i do not get any support from

my supplier i will have to either use the fw mentioned in this topic taking the

risk to brick it or use it to record 24/7 continuously. I only need the last 2-3days

of recording. Is it possible to have 5 HD cameras (foscam) to record 24/7 ?

What would be approximately the total size of the recordings per day?

If the updating proccess ends up succesfully from Firmware 20140417

is the motion detection working ?

Hi all,

I have probably bricked my 8ch mini NVR by upgrading it.

After spash screen i can see only a black screen , tested also on different monitor full hd

can some one help me ?

N8-Mini 8ch Cotier

Other question : it is possible to add a ip camere sricam ap009 in rtsp protocol mode? getting stream by http://USERNAME@IP:PORT/videostream.cgi?user=USERNAME&pwd=NULL&resolution=32&rate=0

I was hoping Mike could weigh in real quick on any differences in the 9ch and 16ch available at http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/MINI-NVR-2/1329209_257885487.html versus the basic 8ch available everywhere. Do they use the same firmware? Do they have faster CPUs? More RAM? Faster network?

As someone just getting in to this I really appreciate all the time and comments already put in by y'all " title="Applause" />