reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

[quote name="orsodimare

The "source" of the problem is a JS code that when you open the webpage checks a "MachineID" (based on the present HW) and sets a bunch of fields of the user interface to be hidden...

If you know how to edit a file with VI' date=' You can fix it for ever (actually, until the next update...), ask and I'll let you know.

Cheers, Bruno[/quote]

Thanks Orsodimare,

If you cound send me the solution it will be appreciate (and the utilisation of vi will launch me twenty five years before, when I was Young )

BR Stephane

[quote name="orsodimare

The "source" of the problem is a JS code that when you open the webpage checks a "MachineID" (based on the present HW) and sets a bunch of fields of the user interface to be hidden...

If you know how to edit a file with VI' date=' You can fix it for ever (actually, until the next update...), ask and I'll let you know.

Cheers, Bruno[/quote]

Thanks Orsodimare,

If you cound send me the solution it will be appreciate (and the utilisation of vi will launch me twenty five years before, when I was Young )

BR Stephane

No problem!

- telnet your_nvr_ip_address (root/antslq)

- cd web/www/public/js

- vi devicepara.js

- at line 990 you see function GetCustomizeMenu() that makes the check on the HW

- comment lines 1043 and 1052

- save and close devicepara.js

et voilà... you get the recording settings in the web interface.

Ciao, Bruno

PS: There are other fields to un-hide (e.g. to record the aux sub stream), but for me that is over my needs....

hi unix1992,

i have some questions concerning your china cameras, i also have a lot of them but mostley without h.264 and with resolution 640 x 480. They are not found by the nvr even by manual mode. Am i right that these are the wrong camera's?

Is there a way to get these low resoultion cameras to work with the nvr min?

Due you maybe have a link from the china cameras you are using?

Greetings from Germany

Without Onvif, those cameras are sadly all useless on the mini nvr. You should then use Ispy on our computer for recording those cameras, but the power consumption of your pc is far more compared to the mini nvr. If you don't care about the Frames per second of your cameras you can install IP cam viewer pro on your Android/Apple device, this app can record/take a lot of sreenshots from the several cameras. Well mostly the FPS will drop to 1~3 FPS (since the app makes a lot of screenshots... making your Android device going crazy when you are in file explorer browsing in those maps) compared to mini NVR or Ispy, which are more functional to search a specific recording. When you only use your cameras for 'watch' purposes you can also install IP cam viewer, I will include a screenshot (using the substream of each IP camera) taken from my android phone. Please notice, that you have to configure all the cameras separately for the IP cam viewer app, since the NVR is not recognized by the app. If you only use cameras atached to your NVR you can use vMeye or an equivalent app.

So left above is Vcatch > This camera is great, since the depth of field is very wide compared to the other IP cameras I have. Other cameras state that they have 3.6mm lens, so this camera should be around 3~3.2mm I think. My camera is wired, but I don't know if the wireless camera has the same good quality. Be aware that in low light conditions all the cameras have grainy picture quality.

Right above is Dlink 932L> The mini nvr does not record this camera, but I only use this camera for viewing purposes using the app and for motion detection sending me an email. I have attached a Fish-eye lens to the camera so the field of depth has increased despite the loss in sharpness of the picture. See the dlink forum (930L or 932L subsection) for more pictures. But this camera is great for using as a baby phone, since this camera has a microphone on board . Use Tinycam pro on Android and you can get a warning when the sound is above a set limit.

Left below: No name wireless IP camera, depth of field is narrower, image quality is in my opinion lower than the Vcatch.

Right below: Sunvison wireless camera, depth of field is the same as the camera of left below.

I had 2*932L and 3*930L cameras, but the IP cameras have a way sharper image. Further, the infrared of the cameras are way better than the Dlink. Well 30 led vs 6 led is not a fair comparison... But the configuration of the DLink (email and ftp) are more easier.

I will delete the screenshot after 7 days. All the onvif cameras are bought from (to avoid spam PM me for the shop). I don't know how a Hikvision would perform, but the price was 40 dollar higher than the Vcatch at that time (6 month ago).

Greetings from the Netherlands .

Second picture is taken from the Vcatch, showing a little criminal (aka nephew) with the ipad in his hands...

Edited by Guest

No problem!

- telnet your_nvr_ip_address (root/antslq)

- cd web/www/public/js

- vi devicepara.js

- at line 990 you see function GetCustomizeMenu() that makes the check on the HW

- comment lines 1043 and 1052

- save and close devicepara.js

et voilà... you get the recording settings in the web interface.

Ciao, Bruno

PS: There are other fields to un-hide (e.g. to record the aux sub stream), but for me that is over my needs....

Hello,

Some News about my problem of hidden menu on my NVR.

I have tried the solution based on the modification of the devicepara.js but the menu still hide (I can see them half a second and they are hidden). I have also tried to use the debug mode in the IE frame but the hiden parameters are on level upper (on the menu frame).

The factory reset of the NVR didn't change anything.

To fix the problem I have done a downgrade to the 20140417 version.

Now I'm abble to overwrite the record ...

This firmware is from the same brand as the 20141030, then I don't think that the problem is due to a hardware number mismatch.

If someone have the same problem, my NVR is a COTIER 8 CH ...

BR

Stephane

Uhhh in the settings menu? Do you have the following interface as shown in the picture?

- Settings > Record Replace > set to replace > see picture above the QR sign

- Record Time (hour) > Enable it and set it to 24 or any other number hours

It doesn't matter which number you set at the 'record time hour', just put 900 hours in it. The NVR will still overwrite the old files.

Fore example: When the HDD (120GB) is full after 20 hours of recording the NVR will replace the old file, so effectively you will only record the last 20 hours.

Furthermore: Motion detection on the NVR is worthless (well only 1 of the four cameras supports is at my place), sensitivity is still too high even at the lowest level... So as others already mentioned despite the motion detection it is recording continuous.

For adding a camera try the following:

If selecting 'search' or auatomatic did not work, try to add the camera manually.

Right mouse click > Add camera > Manual

Select Channel X (1 to 8, which is empty)

Protocol: Onvif first, i8 or i11 (try Onvif first, after that the other 2 options)

Username: As specified in the IP camera

Password: See above

Look up the internal IP Address

Port: Look for the media port or the HTTP port specified in your IP camera (or try the mobile port or RTSP port)

Sometimes you have to log in your IP camera to set the videostream manually to H264 or to set the video size at 1280x720p. Just try every setting (ports) as configured in your IP camera.

I have 5 different 'china' brands of no name IP camera (Vcatch, sunvision *2, escam, no brand *2 (different) ) and they all work/record on the NVR. Well the motion detection is worthless despite 'working' only on 1 camera. Only 2 of the 5 cameras were automatically found by the NVR, the others were put manually in the NVR.

I would like to apologize in advance if I ask questions that have already been answered. I've looked though this thread, but have not read every word.

I was going to dismiss this mini NVR because I thought it would be too complicated, but your post got my attention.

I am interested in the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, which, according to the Amazon description, is ONVIF compatible. Does that mean if I get the camera, and wire it correctly, that if I follow the instructions you have about adding the camera manually (if automatically doesn't work) that I should be up and running? From what you posted, it sounds easy enough. Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

I got that error too when trying to use outlook.com. The smtp server is smtp-mail.outlook.com, all I could figure out is it didn't like the "-" in the server address, so I switched to gmail and all was good.

isn't it pop3.live.com and smtp.live.com for outlook?

Oh, by the way, we are testing a new firmware 20141229 lately.

1. Updated IPC search function,

2. Support two P2P app now, Goolink and Dana (http://www.danale.com)

3. and for P2P ID we made QR Code pictures shown in the system. I don't think we will need to print all those QR code and stick it on NVR box again in the future, when the final version is officially released.

I believe someone maybe wanna have a try? Make sure your firmware version is already 20141030 before trying on 20141229.

4CH and 8CH different, since it is only a test version from us we will not show it on our website, the download link is not on our web page.

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/2014122910_mini_4ch.update

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/2014122910_mini_8ch.update

Mike

I tried this on my 4 channel and it bricked it (yes I already had 20141030).

I had to do telnet restore to fix it.

Did you copy the downloaded file to flash drive and plug into NVR USB to make the update?

It can only be done on VGA/HDMI monitor.

IE update is not OK yet.

I like to try the Danale software

I upgrade successfully to 2014122910

But the Danale app is not recognizing the qr code

The danale pc software is only in chinese

My mini nvr got weird today. It does not see my hdd again. I rebooted it remotely but it does not help. I thing that there is something bad with hdd detection becouse there is nothing about esata hdd in dmesg.

Does mini NVR II have this problem solved? I don't want to spend cash on new device with the same bugs.

I did the upgrade but now it is not working with the pc software, so i did a downgrade

But now i see the startup screen, then short black and again the startup screen but go's not further.

I would like to apologize in advance if I ask questions that have already been answered. I've looked though this thread, but have not read every word.

I was going to dismiss this mini NVR because I thought it would be too complicated, but your post got my attention.

I am interested in the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, which, according to the Amazon description, is ONVIF compatible. Does that mean if I get the camera, and wire it correctly, that if I follow the instructions you have about adding the camera manually (if automatically doesn't work) that I should be up and running? From what you posted, it sounds easy enough. Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

I don't own the specific camera, but probably the camera will work on the NVR since it is based on the onvif protocol. Nevertheless, the motion detection on the NVR will not work since others report problems with Hikvision. You can use the built-in motion detection and let the nvr record the video continous. Further, I think you could better buy a different NVR (mini nvr 2??), since the Hikvision has a 3MP camera, if you use this on the NVR the image will be reduced to 1MP. If you look up the word 'Hikvision', this brand will work on the mini nvr.

I also have the problem that the NVR has lost the connection with the HDD (stops recording, playback does not show anything, but in the HDD settings the HDD is recognized). Most of the times it happens at 20.00pm once a week. After formatting the hdd the nvr will work again or when I reboot the nvr using the TV interface. I have a 2.5 HDD connected to the NVR.

Hi all,

I'm a newbie, great forum you guys! " title="Applause" />

My question is: I got the Escam N6200-8E 8-CH with two ESCAM QF100 Pearl cameras. The thing is that I can't get audio out of them. My NVR version is V4.0 [20140417] and whenever I choose "Video & Audio" in Stream settings, it gets reset to Video only. I connect via ONVIF but that seems to me the only way to connect to the cameras.

Am I missing something? Maybe a firmware update would do the trick? Do I need to connect via another protocol? If so, how?

Another thing is that, from time to time, when in IE10, I click on the Main or Sub Stream on the Preview Page in order to start the video, I get an "Operate Failed" error message. What the heck? At the very same time, I get the streaming working from e.g. my Android mobile and Goolink.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I have probably bricked my 8ch mini NVR by upgrading it.

After spash screen i can see only a black screen , tested also on different monitor full hd

can some one help me ?

N8-Mini 8ch Cotier

Other question : it is possible to add a ip camere sricam ap009 in rtsp protocol mode? getting stream by http://USERNAME@IP:PORT/videostream.cgi?user=USERNAME&pwd=NULL&resolution=32&rate=0

some help ?

Hi all,

I have probably bricked my 8ch mini NVR by upgrading it.

After spash screen i can see only a black screen , tested also on different monitor full hd

can some one help me ?

N8-Mini 8ch Cotier

Other question : it is possible to add a ip camere sricam ap009 in rtsp protocol mode? getting stream by http://USERNAME@IP:PORT/videostream.cgi?user=USERNAME&pwd=NULL&resolution=32&rate=0

some help ?

Please search for Cotier in this topic, there seems to be that someone else has bricked his/her Cotier nvr an managed to get it working. However, there is no guarantee that the solution (telnet) described here will ultimately work on your nvr.

I got that error too when trying to use outlook.com. The smtp server is smtp-mail.outlook.com, all I could figure out is it didn't like the "-" in the server address, so I switched to gmail and all was good.

isn't it pop3.live.com and smtp.live.com for outlook?

3. and for P2P ID we made QR Code pictures shown in the system. I don't think we will need to print all those QR code and stick it on NVR box again in the future, when the final version is officially released.

I believe someone maybe wanna have a try? Make sure your firmware version is already 20141030 before trying on 20141229.

4CH and 8CH different, since it is only a test version from us we will not show it on our website, the download link is not on our web page.

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/2014122910_mini_4ch.update

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/2014122910_mini_8ch.update

Mike

I tried this on my 4 channel and it bricked it (yes I already had 20141030).

I had to do telnet restore to fix it.

Did you copy the downloaded file to flash drive and plug into NVR USB to make the update?

It can only be done on VGA/HDMI monitor.

IE update is not OK yet.

I like to try the Danale software

I upgrade successfully to 2014122910

But the Danale app is not recognizing the qr code

The danale pc software is only in chinese

You will need to enable the Danale QR Code first. After that you will get two QR Code on the page.

The ICloud QR Code is only for Goolink App.

How to enable

Setting-Network-Mangement Platform-Click on Modify-Platform 3, Select Protocol "Dana", "Tick it" Leave other info empty.

Restart NVR, (nvr needs to be connected to internet so that it can generate the QR code of Dana app)

danaapp.jpg.c0b4bf62b4a3412e5a2904577b655033.jpg

It is strange I haven't been able to receive any email notification from the forum in the past 2-3 weeks.

I used to receive emails if there is something new here. I thought nothing happened here. But apparently I was wrong, soooo many new questions.

I did the upgrade but now it is not working with the pc software, so i did a downgrade

But now i see the startup screen, then short black and again the startup screen but go's not further.

We have an update on PC CMS software in November. and already put it online "Mini NVR CD" you can download it.

http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html

Regards

Mike

Seems I need to explain the Motion Detection Function again as many new guys are asking about it.

1. Our NVR support Standard Onvif Protocol. If your IP camera is using standard Onvif Protocol, then motion detection function can work.

2. Most of the IP Camera manufacturer decide to modify the standard Onvif Protocol to their own versions, they only want motion detection function work on their own NVR.

3. We have developed over 20 private protocols to enable the motion detection function when you use IP Cameras from different manufacturers. If you use XMEYE camera, you need to update i12 private protocol to our NVR, if you use Dahua IP camera, you need to upload i33 private protocols to NVR, if you use D-Link Onvif IP camera, you will need i28 private protocols. Sorry for the inconvenience but this is the only way to make their motion detection function work on our NVR.

Please be noted that "IP Camera of NVSIP, Hikvision, do not agree to develop private protocol with us yet so motion detection function will not work if you use their IP cameras". NVSIP camera's motion detection function only works on NVSIP NVR, Hikvision IP Camera's motion detection only work on Hikvision NVR.

4. Because of the limited flash in NVR we are unable to upload all private protocol onto NVR. If we know what IP camera you have we can then upload it to NVR before dispatching.

5. Mini NVR II as well as all of our other NVRs have the same firmware and software, so the motion detection thing is no different between Mini NVR 1, and Mini NVR 2, and POE NVR etc.

Hope it will help.

Mike,

First I just want to say thank you and everyone that has helped you out on your end. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreaciate the time and effort you have put forth to help us with these little machines. I want to say that I had no real problems upgrading an ESCAM to the 20141030 firmware. But It was just giving me troubles as I have two hikvision cameras.

DS-2CD2032-I 3MP

DS-2CD3332-I

I was able to get the 3332 to work over RTSP but was having problems getting the 2032 to connect to the mini nvr with onvif and seeing motion.

I was able to get the 2032 to come up in the web interface and alarms went off but no motion was recorded to my external hdd.

So now here is my real questions:

I have been looking at N6200-9EH from http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/9CH-3MP-2MP-4CH-5MP-White-Color-Onvif-Network-Video-Recorder-N6200-9EH-with-HDMI-VGA/1329209_32245652783.html

Is this a good choice, and do you think it would work better with my Hikvision Cameras allowing motion record?

If this is not a good choice I do like that I can have the HDD in the nvr. What could be a good set of cameras to work with it in motion sense and PTZ support? Please make a recomendation.

Also could I get a cpu spec and ram info on that model? Does it still run the same embeded linux kernel and if so Is it possible to get SSH as a communication method?

Thank you for your help so far to us all on the forum.

Hello My friend, just posted some info about motion detection, please check it out. Thanks

Hello, i´m new here.

I have new a N8 Mini from Cortier:

Link http://www.ebay.de/itm/141440298927?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

I also have 2 7links Robocams (or BluePanorama):

Link http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/NDE3NzcyOTk-/Computer_und_Zubehoer/Multimedia/Kameras/IP_Kamera_PREMIUMBLUE_PIPC_011_Pan_Tilt.html

My problem is that the NVR does not find any Ipcams oer the search menue, if i put in the ip data manually it also does not detect the camera.

Can somebody give me a hint on solving my problem?

Thanks

Hi, It seems this is not an Onvif IP camera?

Please allow me for a quick maybe silly question. Since the recordings will be all day long, if something bad happens how am i going to search when happened? I have to seek 24h in fast forward? The main advantage of motion detection is that it makes small clips when needed and they are easier to search. Am i missing something obvious?

Mike, any news from your side? What about the new beta firmware?

We start to dispatch NVR with 20141229 beta version firmware now we need more feedback from users to improve it. In factory testing we are unable to find out all bugs.

If i use only one day (which is not usefull, if i am away from home for vacations) i will need just a small h.d.d since the recordings will be less than e.g 1tb.

If you select to record 24 hours, it will only keep the last 24 hours of your recordings. This function isn't very usefull in my opinion since having more hours is most of the time better? Maybe due to legislation some people are limited to max 24 hours recording... and this function will help to comply to that.

If i use the "as many days" as they can be recorded in a 2tb H.d.d, what happens when the hard disk i full?

i hope it can fit 1 month of recordings. WD PURPLE

It is better to use a 'so big as possible hdd' since you can record many 'small videos' due to motion recording. When you select the 'replace/overwrite' in the settings, the NVR will overwrite the oldest file when the HDD is full. Use the tool from urcctvstore as a guideline for selecting a hard drive when you want to record X minutes/hours/days recording: http://www.urcctvstore.com/Computational_tools.html. Using that tool 2TB will record around 216 hours of video (select Calculation of video time in the tool).

Hi unix1992 !!!

where is in the settings the selection of "record 24 hours" or "replace/overwrite" for the HDD ????

I don't find them in the TV HDMI interface...

Thanks in advance

Bruno

in firmware 20141030 factory default is to replace old video when HDD is full. no need to set it. We hided the selections.

nice feedback from Mike. Any files i can use for FOSCAM HD ?????

i am on firmware 20141030

any bulletproof way to update to firmware 20141229 ??? it dont want to brick it pleaseeee

nice feedback from Mike. Any files i can use for FOSCAM HD ?????

i am on firmware 20141030

any bulletproof way to update to firmware 20141229 ??? it dont want to brick it pleaseeee

Foscam, Sricam are not in the list.

Firmware update is risky, we can not guarantee 100% ok, but there is only a small chance the devices get completely bricked and need to return to factory.

In factory we always prefer to update via USB, because the LAN update in the past firmware versions some requires to copy the new firmware to drive D: and some version requires to have a HDD attached, I just use the USB update, easiest way.

During update if something goes wrong please do not power off the NVR.

Dear mike,

What is different with the new mini2 nvr's? Does one of these nvr's contain a hi3535 instead of the less powerful hi3520?

Mini NVR 1

version 1. 4CH 1080P Hi3515

version 2, 8CH 1080P Hi3520

Mini NVR 2

version 1, 4CH 1080P Hi3515

version 2, 8CH 1080P Hi3520

version 3, 4CH 5MP/3MP/2MP Hi3535

version 4, 9CH 3MP/2MP, 4CH 5MP Hi3535

version 5, 16CH 1080P,9CH 3MP, 4CH 5MP Hi3535

Version 4 and 5 are completely out of stock now, next batch will be ready within 1.5 months.