rory

Geo Skinz

for G e o V i s i o n Systems

(custom software not affiliated with manufacturer)

IMPORTANT - ONLY FOR LEGIT GEO CARDS!!

[Only for 7.0x Systems - NOT for 6.0x or 8.0x]

skinz_ss.jpg

This Changes the Live Monitoring GUI

Changes include Image Colors & Buttons.

All images property of their prospective owners.

Original Skin by manufacturer - modified by me for 7.0x.

DEFAULT GEO GUI

geo_gui_orig_small.jpg

MODIFIED GUI

geo_gui_chrome_small.jpg geo_gui_aqua_small.jpg

geo_gui_blue_small.jpg geo_gui_grey_small.jpg

Important - NOT FOR PAL

Tested on 7.04 and 7.05:

Use on lower versions at your own risk

(should work on at least 7.0.0 and above)

Installation:

While Installing, change C:\MultiCam to your main Geo Folder.

(It will only work if it is installed in your main Geo Folder)

While installing you can create shortcuts on the desktop and quicklaunch.

Once it is installed you can just click on the shortcut to run the program.

When you Apply a Skin or Reset the Default Geo Skin it will create a back up

of the original skin in a temp folder for later restore if needed.

(if an error occurs please PM me and i CAN fix it - be ready with VNC)

Features:

3 Skins included - Metalic Chrome, Metalic Aqua, Solid Blue, & Solid Grey(NEW)

Backs up original Skin in temp folder under your main Geo folder

Does not get rid of the 'blinking eyes' on those that have them

Restore button to set back to Original Skin (once it still exists)

Reset button to set back to Default Skin (once it still exists)

English, French, German, and Spanish only - very important!

Video Log Skin is an available add on

Customized Versions available (distributors)

Only applies to 1024x768 - other sizes available

Only for NTSC - very important!

OPTIONAL BACKUP/RESTORE/SETTINGS

Complete System Setup Outside of Server

Back up/Restore of configured settings

Copy Configurations to multple DVRs easily

Custom Browser Software/IIS integration

Download here:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/geoskinz_1_0_setup.exe (1mb)

(password = cctvforum)

(Setup in english, French, & German)

View Log Example (add on)

geo_gui_log_small.jpg

Note: This is free software and we are not to be held resonsible nor liable

for damage to any PC system due to the use or misuse of this software.

Use at your own risk. Original Images and Files are copyright GeoVision.

Edited by Guest

Hi, thanks. I would have if it wasnt in the same month that Geo is supposed to release the new version. But anyway, what I did was just leave out the modified View Log (search and playback) GUI in this version, plus there are so many other things I can do for this, and the new version when it comes out.

As im involved in some other major software I will be releasing free software apps as I get them done in between. There will also be seperate paid apps as options i will add to these free apps as I go along, and can customise for anyone. Though my main software project comes before anything else. For now these are only for the forum, not on my site.

Also, dont forget, so people dont thing i'm all that biased, Here is a link to custom remote software i did for the GE Security (Kalatel at the time, 3 years ago) Stand Alone RTOS Systems. I even had my own Browser based software for the DVRs before they came out with it!!

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/MSWVUE.ZIP

Rory

Hi all, thanks. and no prob mon ..

those smileys are the bestest ..!

I mentioned pal on the dealer section, i dont have a PAL system

to test it with. It is possible everything is the same and they named everything with PAL for their own personal reasons (GEO) but it might not be so ..

Basically if everything is not right then the Geo system will crash on startup ...

so I really need a PAL system to test with .. now if someone gets me VNC and a Geo 7.0x system with web access i can do it ... that way i can see if it works or not, and fix it if i need to, I dont need to see the video at all (which you dont with VNC), just the GUI. Let me know .. ofcourse you will get anything else i have for the GUI such as the View Log mod

Rory

Hey, forgot to ask: Does this work on all NTSC Geo cards using 7.xx software? Just curious about the 1120, 1240 and 1480. I assume they're using the same software, but just in case...

Works on the 1480 as per my last client.

I didnt use this actuall software to install the new GUI, i did it by hand, but its the same settings and images (Chrome Version).

There is a "RESET DEFAULT" button that sets the 7.05 default settings and images, which are applicable for up to 7.05.

The GV System crash generally occurs if some of the images are not the original color count, or if the main Geo config files are not in par with the DVR software versions. Hence the back up when you first apply a Skin, and the Restore button to restore the original files. The Reset Default button uses the settings and files for 7.05.

Rory

I just got it all running sweet so give me a few days to get tired of it

Looks great what you have done.

You probably know already but the 7.1 will have a new skin,and seemingly 7.1 is dropped and 8.0 is the new upgrade!!

Wait till G22 finds out

You got this running with PAL?

Actually this IS the 7.1 Skin (at least similar), but customized for the older/current systems

The Chrome version anyway. The other 3 versions are just modded versions of the Chrome one. The View Log was actually the hardest to customize, and which is why I only have that in Chrome right now, and why im not just "giving it out" right now. The new commands with the 7.1 are totally different from the 7.0xx so thats why i had to incorporate a bit of both, see the View Log Image example.

7.1 is going to be great, i just couldn't wait for it myself, and for my clients. Plus, it will be the same as far as customisation so Im getting myself ontop of it before it is released. All credit goes to Geo 100% as they really are putting alot of work into the 7.1 version, and they spent some hard cash on the graphics for 7.1.

I'm just throwing something into play for the current cards/software ... but when the new software comes out, ill have it ready also ... I just wanted to share this with everyone as I didnt know how long it will last.

Rory

I was talking to another Importer about the new release 7.1. The new version is now going to be called 7.4 (not 7.1) and it is only going to work on new hardware to be release anytime now. She says the new release will not work on current cards (even the 1480).The current cards on the market will only be able to go as high as 7.05 . I heard about the swap out program but I didnt relise it applied to ALL cards. My Geo rep is on vacation so I couldn't confirm it. Anyone else hear the same thing?

Many existing cards will not be cabable of upgrading to the V.8/7.1 upgrade. They want to implement a program where we send in our existing cards and have to buck up for a new card and lose the old one forever. If one doesn't have a newer card the highest we will be able to upgrade even with the dongle is to the current version on 7.0.5.0.

these are the cards that DO NOT need to be exchanged:

GV250

GV600(S) V3.20 --> BNC Card

GV600(S) V3.21 --> D-Type Card

GV650(S) V3.30 --> BNC Card

GV650(S) V3.31 --> D-Type Card

GV800(S) V3.30 --> BNC Card

GV800(S) V3.31 --> D-Type Card

GV800-4A V3.10

GV1120 V1.02

GV1240 V1.02

GV1480 V1.02

Clearer here http://www.polvision.com.pl/files.asp?lang=en&id=68

What you posted is what I was told before. Apparently they have changed it and say that it will only work with the new new cards coming out soon now ( as of yesterday). I wonder if Geo even knows sometimes!

yeah, i know what your saying .

You could understand the new software compatibility problems on older cards,it will bring a lot of $$ for geo, this would force people to update who wanted to make use of the new software.

Surely if the combo cards arn't compatible this would be suicide for Geo!

Seemingly its ver 8.0 not 7.1, Scott where are you?

Too right!

They are already skating on thin ice with the older cards not accepting the software.

Here is the offical Geo reponse to the rumor. Just for your information.

Hi Cliff,

Combo cards were newly designed DVR cards to provide better performance (DVR card + DSP Card + Audio Card) at lower price and also to replace the original GV-900 and GV-1000. All Combo cards (GV-1120, GV-1240 and GV-1480) are able to run next update version software, which you may download the upgrade software online later while next version software is available . What XXX told you was incorrect. I'll have my colleague to remind XXX on this information. Sorry for the confusion.

Best Regards,

Bonnie

GeoVision Inc.

yeah, i know what your saying .

You could understand the new software compatibility problems on older cards,it will bring a lot of $$ for geo, this would force people to update who wanted to make use of the new software.

Surely if the combo cards arn't compatible this would be suicide for Geo!

Seemingly its ver 8.0 not 7.1, Scott where are you?

Yeah, but - from what I know - this 8.0 information was for INTERNAL USE ONLY.... If you guys immediately forward to public everything what Geo says, they are probably going to keep their mouth shout in future

well i found it on a forum that you frequent

Hardly need the FBI to find this out

No problem, it's just I was a bit suprised when I saw that every cctvforum I know has this info published straight in your eyes internal use only..... yeah right