I need some ideas from y'all...

-Stand alone DVR 1 channel to 4 channels

-motion detect

-remote archiving

-IR weatherproof long range 150' plus

-recording time 1 day at very good quality, 3 days at standard

-all of this package have to be...

-weatherproof

-stationairy but mobile (small trailer, mounted on fix pole but able to relocate)

-able to self power it self for night time (battery powered and solar power charged)

-affordable for me to built and affordable to rent to the customer.

Application,

I have farmers that as is cows being attacked by dogs,bears or chupacabbras if they exists...and he just want to rent the unit with out being install to is property. Also construction sites might go for that to cause they get some or their stuff stolen to...

So, mobile but can't be removed ounce on the property until relocating,self powered,ir long range,1 to 4 cameras (probably just one due to power available for now),affordable and able for remote archiving...

whats up now??

That sounds a lot like what we do, but what you are planning on doing will not work for a couple of reasons.

1) Power - IR will not work on solar, especially 150' distance. The IR illuminators use far too much power, unless you have a ton of batteries and a ton of solar panels.

2) Legality - What you describe is a system that we've been using for years now on construction/agriculture and we already have a patent pending on it.

How are you going to get a patent for putting cameras on a pole and a DVR w/ Batterys in a weather/vandal proofed box and backhauling it via Trango or Mikrotik or whatever you guys are using in Visalia on a trailer with a crankup tower? Or am I misunderstanding exactly what you are patenting here.

Easy, our patent describes a mobile or temporary tower based surveillance system that runs on conventional or solar power and streams video back over a wireless connection and/or has a mobile on-board DVR for redundant backup of video.

besides, a patent doesn't mean much nowadays! All you would have to do is "improve" the process and you got yourself your own patent. With technology changing so fast, that would be pretty easy to do!

i kinda thaught that was far fetch that i could built my own...i think all you have to do is change the patent by a certain % then I'm alright...beside i saw a company somewhere online doing what wirelesseye offers and said you could'nt do...thanks anyways...

I admire any person who can follow through with patenting their idea.

As the majority of people just talk about it and never do anything about it.

It is not a simple process as some television commercials may have led you to believe.

We are already in a suit over this. Turns out changing a design by a certain % doesn't pay legal fees.

You improved an existing product and now you are in court or the other way around?

Bad either way. The attorneys always win.

We are in court because someone else is trying to take our idea and our system design and run with it. Quite sad really.

You are right, the attorneys always win.

I wish we could, but in this type of case we cannot recoup our legal costs. What's worse is that their name is really close to ours, and their service (we hear) is horrible.

I think you are going to have a hard time getting a patent on that. And if your patent was really pending you would be an idiot to be even saying a word about it. Then again..........well......nevermind.

I have seen a company out of dallas that has been doing just that for years. I dont think you are the first one to think of that. Come over here to little rock and we have highway construction going on everwhere. And guess what is on the side of the road???????????? Oh wow! Look! Why its cameras on poles are solar powered and transmitted wirelessly to another location where it is recorded! Oh my I should go try to get a patent on that! But wait, before I do that I am going to publish an ad in the newspaper explaining how it works and exactly what I am going to do! Brilliant!

I have several customers who design and build mobile surveillance units for Government agencies just like what you are trying to put together and many various other mobile surveillance applications so I am curious to see what wirelesseye has thats so unique.

An ad was placed in the newspaper explaining exactly how the patented device works?

I thought a patent pending would offer some form of protection. I guess it really depends on how thorough of a patent research was done prior to filing the patent. I have heard of many people filing patents without actually doing research on patents that are similar or just like theirs.

I don't know if that is the case here. But I know it sucks anyway you look at it.

Extreme CCTV has a bunch of Patents Pending on their cameras, wont stop anyone else getting their Patent first though ...

But seriously, why invent the wheel ..

Let those that do it best, do it for you ..

Yep that is what the Japanese have been doing forever.

No insult intended to Japanese people. Just they were smart enough to take an orginal idea and improve it.

People want stuff cheap as possible.

The chineese are very good at doing that. People don't seem to care about quality in a lot of things.

no an ad was not placed in the paper. I was just making a point on not keeping a tight lip on a patent until it is issued.

Say what you will, but I have never discussed in detail how our system works, really if you can't tell how it works from our website, well.. never mind. Are you saying we were dumb to have a website? How silly. Besides, if you knew how a patent actually worked, you'd know that even if everyone went out to build this system or even applied for their own patent, that they would not only NOT be issued a patent since our file date predated theirs. They'd also be in breach of ours.

We filed this years ago and we have been told we're only a couple of months away from it being published. And if you're talking about Adco who does transportation surveillance off of trailers in AK, FL, etc.-- we came before them, and our parent company sells them their trailers.

Has anyone ever seen Extremes EX27NXPMECC2 in action? I am curious to see how good it works. A customer of mine asked me to put together something that was mobile and could be left in a cow pasture and viewed remotely. I told him about the extreme ex27 and to pick a decent size camping trailer to put them on or he could try puting a bunch of deep cycle marine batteries, a couple of IP cameras hooked up to a Microtek transmitter and if it didn't last as long as he wanted add more batteries.