eyecu

covert

I am usually at work around 10 hrs a day but thats just work I get paid for. Trust me I have a 4 year old girl and my son is almost 1, so between them my wife and my house that I am still trying to finish...work is 20/7 and the other 4 hours is split for beer-smokes-eating and sleeping.

Any other small covert camera recommendations suitable for outdoor?

Day/Night in a little cam? How small with good quality?

Dynamic maybe? Dreaming maybe?

I carry tons of board and micro board cams, D/N, Exview and such that can be put into just about anything for covert. Fiber cams are also used alot for stealth surveillance. What did you have in mind Jasper?

Small weather resistant day/night cameras for people who want smaller exterior cameras that isn’t as noticeable. Just big enough to allow for a quality image during the day and in low light at night. Say something around .05 lux at night. An IR filter. Not looking for a hidden camera necessarily. Varifocal lenses would be nice, but not necessary.

Wide Dynamic would come in handy for back lighting situations. I have been looking at virtually nothing but regular sized cameras. I thought I would delve into the smaller cameras and see what type of quality they are able to achieve in a small form factor.

Just want to find out what is available as I know the smaller cameras have gotten quite a bit better over the past several years.

TIP - "generally" the smaller the camera the lower the quality and the less sensitive it will be eg. small mini Pinhole cameras - though normally it will suffice for investigative purposes.

They don't have to be like thos tiny, tiny cameras.

Probably something no bigger than those Mace cameras I see Kandicorp and Isaac I believe posting about. They seem go be a good size. I don't know how well they perform in low light though.

Yeah, like the Cam53IR, something no bigger than those, maybe smaller.

A good day/night, IR filter.

I guess a Wide Dynamic is out of the question in that size?

I have seen people advertise bullets as covert while I always thought covert were those tiny, tiny cameras.

Yeah, I havent seen a bullet camera that can match a Full Box camera yet, the size, what is compacted into bullet cameras, you loose alot of room for other components ...

not bad, 1/2", but still only f:1.6 ...

i like the Provideo CVC-637EX when it was Exview, then they changed it to just Super HAD . not low light .. it is still high res, but i put it side by side with a box camera of the same specs and the difference is 1:2

Generally they just cant handle the various light conditions as well as box cameras, not all box cameras mind you, depends what you spend ..

Same goes for domes, but a Cheap bullet camera can beat a slightly more expensive Dome camera easily .. I just havent found a cheap dome that can match the quality of a cheap bullet ... dont know why .. maybe its because it s from different manufacturers .. as the Cheap Bullets and Domes are all OEM anyways.

Edited by Guest

That is a good size. .05 lux at f1.6. I would think you would need a f1.2. But maybe because of the 1/2" sensor maybe not?

Anything that size Day/Night?

Jasper what to do is ask for a board camera setup like that, then you can use any Dome housing you want .. or other housing .. WizKId sells the domes without the electronics for cheap .. I cant remember where I saw them, but there were board cameras like the ones in the Sanyo domes, 3 or 4 boards, and Varifocal lenses ...day night exview also .. maybe it was watech??

I was going to try one out mounted vertically. So a mount that offered more flexability would be nice.

Pivoting up and down is ok, but flexability is always nice.

Yeah. A little too big. Something between the other one you showed me and this one would be good.

Ideally a true Day/Night cam in a small size would be nice.

Hadn't thought about putting a board in an enclosure. I would probably screw that up first time out. Not to mention the selection of the enclosures.

I have to do more research. Everybody wants color during the day and BW low light sensitivity at night. Including me.

Thanks for your guys help. Keep em coming as you run across them.

Edited by Guest

I sell alot of Genwac/Watec low light cams. Here is another inexpensive bullet

http://www.ktlcctv.com/web/pdf/CPC4010EX.pdf

They have a day night version with ir cut filter too. KT&C has alot of bullet and metal case board cams with exview's too.

May as well go for a more superior box camera .. thats pretty ulgay

:shock:

If it does it probably would cost too much anyway.

I'll keep looking around.

No, just no technology to match yet ...

It doesn't matter how ugly it is. It is the size that counts.

Small Day/Night with IR filter would be good.

Hey it has an ExView Chip. .01 BW, pretty good, 480TVL.