ljw2k

Hikvision IVMS-4200 playback issue...

Hello,

I have setup a Hikvision IP camera and have configured everything ok, I have installed IVMS-4200 and this shows the camera feed and records to the pc hard drive ok, however, I am unable to use the playback feature and search for footage due to the following error:

"Playback failed ivms-4200.exe[317] error code, no record found"

Can somebody please advise how to fix?

thankyou in advance.

Andrew

Good day,

I have the same problem, I even tried creating a new user and the disabling some of the things to see if permissions work and they all did according to what I set them.

Basically I can`t get remote playback to work on the web interface at all but the live view works without a problem.

Any ideas?

On the main server where I have the iVMS4200 installed everything works for all users created.

Thank you

Hi,

I have the same issue.

PC1 (server):

- installed iVMS-4200 (NVR server & client)

- imported (NVR and cameras)

- configured (records from cameras, live view, plays and searches recorded videos)

PC2 (client):

- installed iVMS-4200 (client)

- imported (NVR and cameras)

- can see live picture from cameras, but cannot search and view recorder videos (remote playback)

Any ideas? Someone solved this issue?

I just ran into the same problem as you guys, but this thread seems alittle old. However, I may have found the solution.

Inside the IP cameras advanced configuration-->Events - If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see Linkage Method. In order for it to record continuously or as I have it set, motion detection, you will need to check the trigger channel for it to record.

See below picture for reference.

Hope this helped as it did for me.

I've only tested the software that comes with the cameras. (iVMS-4200)

temp.thumb.jpg.80b9a54cb05a6d5d885ffdc0ac060591.jpg

I have just just installed this software and I'm getting the same error -

Does anyone have a solution????

To those of you having this problems, the answer is probably always "you are doing it wrong". But if you do not even provide the minimum details, there's no way to help you.

You need to be able to tell the difference between recording locally on the computer, and on the camera/NVR. You need to be able to tell the difference between playing back locally, and on the camera/NVR. You need to be able to tell the difference between local users, and recorder/camera users. You need to be able to tell the difference for when you are configuring settings locally, or on the camera. And so on.

You know what the error "Playback failed ivms-4200.exe[317] error code, no record found" means? Well, that there are no records to playback, so that means you just have not set up recording right.

I got the same error, but everything local.

I got one PC and one camera. Downloaded latest iVMS 4200 (2.4.xxx). Installed storage server and format a drive.

Motion detection alarms works fine, but I can´t play the recorded. Probably nothing is recorded at all.

Can´t understand how to configure this software that seems to be powerful, but a nightmare to config.

Thanks, Magnus

• Like 1

Tool -> System Configuration -> Image -> DISABLE Auto-change Stream Type

Main View -> RIGHT CLICK to each cameras and change back to Main Stream.

Maybe playback is looking in the wrong place.

TOOLS -> SYSTEM CONFIG -> LIVE VIDEO AND PLAYBACK -> SEARCH VIDEO FILE IN -> STORAGE SERVER

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 10:35 PM, yps said:

I got the same error, but everything local.

I got one PC and one camera. Downloaded latest iVMS 4200 (2.4.xxx). Installed storage server and format a drive.

Motion detection alarms works fine, but I can´t play the recorded. Probably nothing is recorded at all.

Can´t understand how to configure this software that seems to be powerful, but a nightmare to config.

Thanks, Magnus

I agree, iMVS is an absolute nightmare to set up. I've always used Hikvision kit but since purchasing 4 x DS-2CD2FWD-I's I have not been able to configure a single one of them through Hikvision iMVS 4200 software.

Same problem with version 2.8.2.2

Solution in my case:

Device Management > Groups > doble click in 1st camera > put Mainstream in First Record Stream. Copy to all cameras.

On 5/30/2014 at 6:10 PM, ljw2k said:

Hello,

I have setup a Hikvision IP camera and have configured everything ok, I have installed IVMS-4200 and this shows the camera feed and records to the pc hard drive ok, however, I am unable to use the playback feature and search for footage due to the following error:

thankyou in advance.

Andrew

I had this problem also. you have to check first the user has the option to playback or not. then the motion sensor check button is turn on or not. then restart the software and it will be fixed. thank you

Здравствуйте, коллеги. Произошел похожий случай в оболочке IVMS-4200. Примерно в течении года программа работала нормально. Потом в один прекрасный момент пропал видеоархив. В "Remote playback" на календарных числах пропали метки о записях видеоархива. При поиске по дате и времени ничего не показывает. Когда перетаскиваешь камеру в окно пишет "playback failed error code ivms4200.exe 317 no record file found". После перезагрузки программы пишет "hdd read and write error". Надо зайти в настройки видеорегистратора Hikvision, выбрать "Хранение" -> "Управление хранением". Если в статусе написано "ошибка", то удаленно отформатировать жесткий диск. После этого в статусе должно появиться "расписание записи". Архив должен начать записываться на жесткий диск. Мне этот способ помог. 

Hello,

I have setup a Hikvision IP camera and have configured everything ok, I have installed IVMS-4200 and this shows the camera feed and records to the pc hard drive ok, however, I am unable to use the playback feature and search for footage due to the following error:

"Playback failed ivms-4200.exe[1617] error code, no record found"

Thank You