CCTVDude

Coolest / Most Impressive Job

Just wondering what type of extreem jobs you guys have done.

One of the coolest we did is this one. We put a PTZ on solar out in the middle of nowhere. Wireless video back to the DVR in the construction trailer like 1 mile away. Have a PTZ keyboard & LCD in a box at the base for manual aiming by the job site foreman. And of course the DVR is online with a T1 for the project manager in NY to play with the PTZ.

Also when we did this, the crane installing the cement pole sunk in the everglades swamp and had to be rescued by a helicopter (sorry I don't have pics of that).

34545_1.gif34545_2.gif34545_3.gif34545_4.gif34545_5.gif

Anyone top this?

Can I count a couple of them that our resellers did?

A retail chain that currently has 60 locations with 30 cameras each set up with a VPN to the home office that lets the LP people watch all 1800 cameras at will, control the PTZ's, review video, etc. The LP guys were crazy for it because it saves them a ton of drive time.

Edited by Guest

Oh yeah. That one has been topped many times.

Looks good though. I think it might have been WirelessEye that had some photos awhile back of some InfraRed wirelees giear out in the middle of only god knows where and maybe the military.

Another one was a Government install, no photos of course, but that is to be expected.

Several others as well posted throughout the forum.

Edited by Guest

I wish that I could talk about a few installs we did but because the Agency we did them for I cant. It probably would be able to top yours.

Its kind of like winning the lottery and not being able to spend a dime of it.

I think I could top that installation, since all of our installations are like that-- except increase the wireless range by 10-20 times.

We are working something right now that is REALLY cool. I'll keep you updated after the install and try to post some pics.

It's been VERY foggy here for the past couple months, no new/good pictures to show. Here's a short clip of a wireless/solar powered/thermal unit we have on a 10+ mile link. It shows an individual walking and a semi driving in the background. Both the truck and the person were 1/3 mile away from the camera in complete darkness.

http://www.wireless-eye.com/Micham_Thermal.html

(excuse the quality, something was lost in the avi-to-flash conversion)

It's been VERY foggy here for the past couple months, no new/good pictures to show. Here's a short clip of a wireless/solar powered/thermal unit we have on a 10+ mile link. It shows an individual walking and a semi driving in the background. Both the truck and the person were 1/3 mile away from the camera in complete darkness.

http://www.wireless-eye.com/Micham_Thermal.html

(excuse the quality, something was lost in the avi-to-flash conversion)

Very Nice!

I wasn't trying to say we're the best around or anything. Just wondering what other cool jobs other people did...

We are about to do another for the same people but with wireless telemitry for the ptz... fun stuff!!!

yeah that was actually an alarm i redid for someone, was a 3 store 2 building job I put in an Ademco Vista 50, 3 Partitions, expanders, motions, contacts, smokes, sirens, strobes, etc, and also a GE DVR with 15 cams on a mix of Coax and Cat5 in each store. I got those images somewhere, but ill leave it for now, was rather small compared to some other jobs ive done.

nah .... that got replaced quickly ...

thats typical of the alarm work down here though ..

(none of mine of course) It was some weird named Alarm panel I cant remember, was installed & monitored by a different local CMS.

I thought of one I could mention but cant get to detailed.

But just to make sure i am not saying to much publicly, if you pm me and if you are not new to the forum I will tell you then the location of this job.

ok more than 10 Pelco es30pc series positioning systems covering a several mile stretch that was sent back to a room.

in the control room there was 4 42"plamsas. 2 to your left and 2 to your right. and in front of you was a 100" projection screen with a hd projector projecting the video on to the 100' screen. now these cameras were all about 140 feet in the air. So when you picked a camera to position you pulled up the camera shot on all of the monitors (5 total). So you were surrounded by your cameras view. And you could zoom and pan and play with these cameras like you were actually moving yourself. It was like a expensive virtual reality.

what brand did you use for the 42" plasmas and did you have them come right from the dvr or did you have a video dist hub? i need to setup 2 42" plasmas for one 16 channel dvr and am worried about the resolution and how i should set it up?

thx

pg

Rory,

What that plug a crimp or twist-on?

thats an alarm transformer ..

i found it like that .. LOL

what brand did you use for the 42" plasmas and did you have them come right from the dvr or did you have a video dist hub? i need to setup 2 42" plasmas for one 16 channel dvr and am worried about the resolution and how i should set it up?

thx

pg

I've got a couple 42" plasmas that I can sell you for "cheap". We upgraded/expanded to something else and they are just sitting in the corner collecting dust.

I had a 1 in 6 out video distribution hub. I prefer the ones that you can manaully adjust certain parts of the picture. I would definitly get a powered hub. Especially if you are getting a good plasma. You would tell a difference.

if you give me until the later part in the day I will look and see what we used. Off hand i have no clue what we used