rak313

hikvision DS-2CD2332-I mounting on a wall

This is a 3 axis dome, so yes.

Adjustment Range: Pan:0° - 360°, Tilt: 0° - 75°, Rotation: 0° - 360°

Do you want to look "down the wall"?

No. About 10 ft up from the ground looking slightly down, and about 25 deg to the right.

Thanks to all that responded.

When wall mounting that dome, tilt is only 75 degrees.

That is about 35 degrees to the right or 35 degrees to the left only.

If you need more than 35 degrees, than matching wall mount bracket is recommended..

If you need more than 35 degrees, than matching wall mount bracket is recommended..

Thank you for the information. BTW - where did you find this information? Is it in the user manual?

Thanks again.

Not all domes mounts are created equal.

2 axis domes are usually ceiling mount only.

3 axis/gimble domes are ceiling or wall mount.

The most flexible cameras have tilt of 180 degrees (can pivot 90 degrees to the right or 90 degrees to the left).

Camera angle adjustment specifications can usually be found in the manufacture's data sheet.

That's not exactly correct.

I am guessing that 0 degrees points straight down if mounted on the ceiling and straight out out from the wall when wall mounted.

As the lens and part that provides the tilt are both able to rotate 360 degrees, it allows you to tilt 75 degrees in any direction.

That's not exactly correct.

I am guessing that 0 degrees points straight down if mounted on the ceiling and straight out out from the wall when wall mounted.

As the lens and part that provides the tilt are both able to rotate 360 degrees, it allows you to tilt 75 degrees in any direction.

I have played with CCTV cameras for over 35 years.

I have installed and tested many, many, many domes from most major manufacturers.

Here are some domes on my test bench today.

I never guess, I test...

Domes.JPG.bea5d07a052744dc7a89f02274c43e4b.JPG

I never guess, I test...

I think you should test a HIKVision DS-2CD2332-I.

If you do, you will see that my guess is correct.

I never guess, I test...

I think you should test a HIKVision DS-2CD2332-I.

If you do, you will see that my guess is correct.

I tested that turret camera over 3 months ago.

The rotational mechanism on the camera was difficult to adjust.

The tilt was minimal, about 60 degrees of movement.

Perhaps turret I had was mechanically defective...

I do not have another turret camera to test.

That turret failed my low light testing.

I am currently working on 1.3MP low light dome camera shootout.

Hikvision vs Avigilon (Lightcatcher) vs Axis (Lightfinder) vs Samsung

Looking for a low cost, low light dome camera...

You can mount to wall.

Hikvision Firmware 5.1 and greater allows for "Rotate"

It will allow you to see down the hallway, but it is a hallways shot - so you lose horizontal and gain more vertical FOV (Field of View)

Want to set the record straight in case anybody is thinking about mounting this onto a wall without the optional wall mount bracket.

Yes it can be done. The independent ball/socket configuration allows for excellent flexibility. You can literally point the camera very close to the wall if you wanted to.

Backyard_Backyard_Camera1_20150308132500_7051092.thumb.jpg.79229c6ee727e9de9f78ddb542bda1b4.jpg

IMG_6793.thumb.JPG.138675b6ccb9231879c67abcf23fcef0.JPG

Guys

Need to piggyback on this thread and I'm a newbie. When folks above are referring to tilt motion, are they referring to this lens automatically moving using the NVR or other software?

Also I need to mount this on the roof of my garage which is inverted V shape and be able to see left & right covering 120 degrees - would that be a problem? Would I be able to mount it there?

Thanks

Guys

Need to piggyback on this thread and I'm a newbie. When folks above are referring to tilt motion, are they referring to this lens automatically moving using the NVR or other software?

Also I need to mount this on the roof of my garage which is inverted V shape and be able to see left & right covering 120 degrees - would that be a problem? Would I be able to mount it there?

Thanks

This camera is fixed lens..nothing moves unless you get on a ladder and move it. if you get the 2.8mm lens and run it in 1080p (not 3mp) you will get about 100 degrees of horizontal view. The new hikvision 4mp should be a bit wider viewing angle...plus they have improved night and low light vision.

Guys

Thanks

This camera is fixed lens..nothing moves unless you get on a ladder and move it. if you get the 2.8mm lens and run it in 1080p (not 3mp) you will get about 100 degrees of horizontal view. The new hikvision 4mp should be a bit wider viewing angle...plus they have improved night and low light vision.

Shame on you, boogieman. You keep promoting Hikvision 4MP, all over threads in the forum. Now I come to understand what you are selling for a piece of bread. That's a shame.

Guys

Thanks

Shame on you, boogieman. You keep promoting Hikvision 4MP, all over threads in the forum. Now I come to understand what you are selling for a piece of bread. That's a shame.

SunnyKim, Please stop attacking me simply because I pointed out the the 4mp will have a wider image using the same 2.8mm lens as a 3mp..the poster specifically wanted a wide angle....Are you mad because I did not recommend a BLURRY D1 low resolution camera that your company peddles on unsuspecting suckers? Stop trying to promote your junk. If you read my posts you will see that I recommend, hikvision, dahua and rebranded versions of the same from laview, swann, qsee..from various vendors including Costco. I know you have accused me of owning costco...lol, idiot.

Hi

Just adding to this thread, I was looking to purchase one of the hikvision turrets and mount directly to my wall, vertically, but i spoke to someone who said that you shouldn't do this if it is outside as the base is not waterproof so it could get rain water, condensation etc on the inside. Has anyone had any issues with this on their wall mounted cameras?

The mounting bracket (hikvision-ds-1273zj-130-trl) that everyone seems to be pushing on the EXIR turrets is useless from a secure point of view because you can unscrew the head by hand, snip the cat5 cable and be off with the camera. Where i need my cameras means they are low down and physically accessible so I need to make them as secure as possible. That bracket is not an option which just leaves me attaching directly to the wall.

Thanks

Hi

Just adding to this thread, I was looking to purchase one of the hikvision turrets and mount directly to my wall, vertically, but i spoke to someone who said that you shouldn't do this if it is outside as the base is not waterproof so it could get rain water, condensation etc on the inside. Has anyone had any issues with this on their wall mounted cameras?

Thanks

I have two of these mounted vertically outside and haven't had any water issues yet