jeromephone

do you think geo 8.0 will be ready in a couple of weeks

I have some installs coming up in the next couple of weeks and I would like to have all the versions the same. I can wait for a while but I dont want to install some 7.05 boxes and then have some systems on 8 with the different hardware.

Couple of weeks. I would bet against it. Hope I am wrong.

Maybe some beta testers can give their opinion?

I have some installs coming up in the next couple of weeks and I would like to have all the versions the same. I can wait for a while but I dont want to install some 7.05 boxes and then have some systems on 8 with the different hardware.

You say "different hardware" are the cards(hardware) going to change also or is it just a software upgrade? I'm refering to the new GV-1240 or GV-1480 cards already out with v7.05 software.

The 8.0 software will work with the combo cards. If you have a card before May 05 then you will have to upgrade your card. They will swap your old card out and offer a discounted price on a new card. They will also be bring out new hardware as well. I know they are supose to have access control integration which is probably one of the pieces of hardware.

So if I purchase the 1480 now, will the upgrade the software for free or would I have to pay for it when they roll out v8?