joe4

Verizon Wireless Broadband - Pocket PC - Axis Setup

Has anyone tried to view a axis camera on a handheld over a cell wireless network. Verizon says they have 300-400kbps standard and up to 1.5 meg burst. I talked with a guy that has it on his laptop and he said it worked ok.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/broadband/index.jsp

I was going to pair it with a smart phone and axis camera that has the pocket pc application.

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_ace/index.htm

Is there any other camera companys that have PDA software?

Has anyone tryed G-View (PDA Viewer) from geovision?

Much like their phones, their aircards speed is based upon where you are. You cannot use their network for anything other than surfing the internet and checking your email- per the small print in their advertising. Their service is approx 2-3 times as fast as mediocre dialup in our area.

If I use port 80 on the camera how would they know I am not surfing the net?

I would think 3x faster than dialup would look OK.

Because they actually keep track of your daily/weekly/monthly kilobyte usage. If youre streaming video over for any extended period of time, they'll know.

Don't know abotu axis but I have seen Telexper over a dial-up and on a cell phone. I have heard of a company called teluli , think I spelled it wrong but they supposedly can do it and one of Arm's new dvr's that just came out a real time imbedded unit states in the manual it can be viewed over certain cell phones and PDA's.