Networks can be segmented to control traffic and what not.

I believe a vlan would be one example.

Your question was vague and didn't give the context but I'm assuming maybe you're reference is to maybe a camera finder utility that can search across the segments of the network.

Here's some more info on network segments. http://www.linfo.org/network_segment.html

in my nvr, i found a check box name "across net segment". does anyone know what is it , please tell me ???

I put my tin foil hat on but I still can't figure out the make and model of your NVR. SO THAT I COULD PULL UP THE MANUAL!

in my nvr, i found a check box name "across net segment". does anyone know what is it , please tell me ???

I put my tin foil hat on but I still can't figure out the make and model of your NVR. SO THAT I COULD PULL UP THE MANUAL!

At least on this forum, it could be narrowed down to one of the 4:

Hikvision

Lorex

Swann

Dahua

What make and model is your NVR?

In which menu do you see this option?

Do you see the NVR interface through a web browser interface in a computer connected to the LN port of teh NVR OR do you see the NVR interface through a monitor connected to the rear side of the NVR (VGA or HDMI)?