sin0cide

Anyone heard of IntelliSecu

Is it just me or has nobody reported on this company? I found it on amazon here and it seems like the only reasonable home outdoor HD PTZ that I can find. Does anyone have experiance with this camera? Also why the heck is nobody talking about it!

Link to Product: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HM47NNE/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1P7VZMS4QSSYO

I have tossed around the idea of getting the analog version and making my on NVR with built in h.264 encoder but this one seems like a better choice since analog + encoder pretty much is the same price as IP Camera.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything anywhere and I work on the internet! (Search google professionally)

tl;dr Who the heck is IntelliSecu!

Trying to find out who the OEM for this company is.

Noticed they have a few NVR's as well.

will look further into when im not at work.

But just judging by the profile they are just an assembly company and the real software is a copy.

Trying to find out who the OEM for this company is.

Noticed they have a few NVR's as well.

will look further into when im not at work.

Thats IntelliSec not IntelliSecu

I know who owns the trademark but just wondering why nobody talks about it sense the camera is like 1/3 the price will all the features. They look super new:

Word Mark INTELLISECU

FIRST USE: 20140720. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20140810

Owner (APPLICANT) Shenzhen Yuanchuan On-line Ecommerce Co., Ltd. LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY CHINA 11G,East Block of Guangye Mansion Fuhua Rd.,North Huaqiang Str.,Futian, Shenzhen,Guangdong, CHINA

Manufacturer : http://bit.ly/1Dxu21N

It's very likely either them or one particular big e-commerce customer of theirs that's selling it.

You can't find anything on most Amazon companies because most of them are extremely small operations and operate under a different registered business name and/or parent company.

I have very little experience with this manufacturer. I product tested a few cameras of theirs a couple years back and was so frustrated with the quality and longevity of them that we advised our company not to sell them...to anyone. The image sensors were very poor quality and the motors within their PTZ cameras had difficulties working properly for longer than 3-4 months before needing to be replaced. Basically, their cameras had the problems of cameras that were being manufactured 10+ years ago.

All of that being said, it was a couple years ago and I have no idea what kind of quality control changes they could have made since then. Personally, I just assume spend another hundred dollars and buy directly from a US supplier with a warranty and tech support.

Awesome info Don. Thanks! Do you have any suggestions on what providers I can use for something that can give me a Outdoor HD PTZ IP Camera around the 250-500 dollar range? I am half tempted to use my skills and create my own but I know that would take over a year to complete with less convincing results. I would like to find a wholesale or reseller that had good stuff that I could possible buy bulk from in the future. I am early in the research of what is out there nowadays. I was use to working with high end Pelco/FLIR/Bosch systems when I worked in the industry but can't really afford those on my budget.

I'm partial to Dahua but Hikvision is arguably the same stuff. You might be able to find what you're looking for from the right seller that falls into your budget. If you land something for that price though, make sure the warranty is there, but don't expect a lot of help in the tech support department.

Have you checked with any major suppliers in the US? I have found that if you have big enough projects or potential projects they will give you good prices. If you want to go alone and handle your own warranty your own shipping and try and get returns/support from an off shore company go for it. If something is worth the time and effort to put up a ptz camera why would you use something that is not reliable and may be difficult or impossible to repair/replace. Is the item you are protecting worth and extra 100-200 for a solid camera?