Rory I have a new tech that works with us and got a call from a new customer he said it has bad hum bars 60 cycle hum. The DVR is in one building with 6 cams in the building and 6 cams in the building next door the hum bars are on all 12 cams and unplugging the 6 cams in either building does not remove the bars from the 6 left working. The DVR and 6 cams are powered in one building while the other 6 cams are powered in the building. Video is sent to the DVR from building 2 via cat 5 that is rated for outdoor use and overhead. I have been to the site yet just talked to the tech on the phone as what to try. Looks like I will be making the 95 mile trip to the site. Also DVR is a eyemax 9120. What else would you try.

Buddy

Sounds like Ground loop, are you using Active or Passive Twisted Pair Devices, and what brand?

What type of cameras are they, brand, model, and voltage?

Have you tried plugging a single camera directly into the DVR with coax/rca and see if the lines go away?

Individual power supplies for the cameras and/or active baluns at the head end.

Doug

Rory I have a new tech that works with us and got a call from a new customer he said it has bad hum bars 60 cycle hum. The DVR is in one building with 6 cams in the building and 6 cams in the building next door the hum bars are on all 12 cams and unplugging the 6 cams in either building does not remove the bars from the 6 left working. The DVR and 6 cams are powered in one building while the other 6 cams are powered in the building. Video is sent to the DVR from building 2 via cat 5 that is rated for outdoor use and overhead. I have been to the site yet just talked to the tech on the phone as what to try. Looks like I will be making the 95 mile trip to the site. Also DVR is a eyemax 9120. What else would you try.

Buddy

Rory they might be NVT I have not been to the site and we were called to service equipment we did not install. The owner just could not get the installer to fix the problem or service the equipment and we are getting more and more calls from word of mouth. We have gone in and fixed problems left by FLY BY NIGHT people selling out of the trunk of their car. Like I said it is 90 miles and I have not been to the site yet just talking to one of our new tech's on the phone. I will get more info from him. Like I said I had him unplug the video feeds and power for each building and the problem is still there with the other building removed from the system. I am begining to think I am looking at a lighting strike at the site.

cirvine

No more calls we have a winner. Rory it turned out to be a lightning strike found it on the DVR replaced the whole unit with a new 9120 and all the problems went away. Also all cams in the building with DVR was on coax with built in power leads 12 volts the cams in the 2nd building came to the DVR on cat5. aht was funny was after the strike hum bars started showing up at about 2 mins and each couple of days it spread to a differant cam channel.

Thanks for all the help.