icyfire

geovision v 8.0 beta

hey,

I just got the email sending me the link for the new geovision 8.0 beta software. The email was kind of vague and said that it was "demo only". Does this mean it is not fully featured? I want to go ahead and upgrade my system but if I end up erasing my full version in place of this demo version, I really don't want to do that. Thanks.

If you dont have a test machine, let some of us that do, test it out first and get back with feedback.

PS. Sal let us know if this shouldnt be in public domain ..thanks.

I got this email too from Sal, which was good news - until he told me that it's not compatible with the cards that used dongles.

I asked for info on trade-in, but what a bummer. I thought it would be a nice value added upgrade for my customers.

-WC-

You can start using the Beta Browser Software right away though, here i have it running on a GV250-2 Card and it works without issues. Its basically the same thing except the GUI has changed.

Edited by Guest

I like it, it also snatched all my existing accounts worked like a charm. Looks simular but much softer and refined.

It looks great.

Crashed in my browser when i selected i/o module, it sparked off Zone alarm and closed the window.

Anyone else try that?

IO works for me, but there are non so just comes up blank ....

It could be 100x better but at least it looks better for default installs than it was ..

Rory

Selecting i/o made Zone alarm pop up and warn it was acting as a server on client end.

Clicking on allow or deny caused it to close.

Had to system restore to get rid.

Will try it again without Zone alarm running to test.

---------------------------------------------------------

I had put my login details instead of leaving it blank!

goes to Rory's now and my login browser is left unchanged.

hey,

I just got the email sending me the link for the new geovision 8.0 beta software. The email was kind of vague and said that it was "demo only". Does this mean it is not fully featured? I want to go ahead and upgrade my system but if I end up erasing my full version in place of this demo version, I really don't want to do that. Thanks.

Can you say : “Guinea pigâ€