Loria

Please Help Somebody!!! Lasers disruppting my Cameras

There're 4 cameras. 2 are located approximately 75ft from the outlet, 1 about 50ft and the other about 20-25ft.

Edited by Guest

The installer also did a trouble shoot, and told us the problem was not due to installation.

Well I guess if the installer says it isn't his fault, it must be true...

For someone so convinced that people are out to get you, you took their word for it rather well.

As a side note, I would say over 80% of the people I talk to that say they're installers have no business being around security cameras...or even around electricity in some cases.

BTW, how are we looking with getting those screen shots? Or would you like to continue this guessing game until the end of time...

I truly appreciate everyone trying to help. But please note that you are not by any means obligated to make comments or even open this forum. If you find any of my statements not suitable to your liking, please ignore, be the bigger person, and move on, you don't have to respond or bother to follow. Leaving rude and abusive comments are not necessarily going to solve any problem nor are those words going to make any useful impacts nor are they in anyway productive. Thank you all!

Sorry guys, I'm trying to post some images from the cameras, and I'm getting this message:

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 500 KiB.

Still working on it.

Edited by Guest

Sorry guys, I'm trying to post some images from the cameras, and I'm getting this message:

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 500 KiB.

Still working on it.

Would probably be easier if you use imgur, and we would get a much better picture than a 500 kb file.

go to http://www.imgur.com

Click on the "Upload Images" button

264279_1.jpg

Click "Browse Computer" (the other options work too!)

264279_2.jpg

point the the pictures you want to uplaod, click open

Once you have selected the pictures you want to upload, press the "start upload" button

264279_3.jpg

click on the picture, and copy the link in your browser

264279_4.jpg

Click on the "Img" button at the top of your CCTV forum post

264279_5.jpg

paste the link you copied from imgur in between and

264279_6.jpg

You images should display in the forum.

Edited by Guest

You can also email the pictures to me if you like and I will upload them to the post. Press the PM button, and I can give you an email address.

All, Loria has emailed me the photos, I am posting them on her behalf.

I will let Loria explain what we are looking at

264285_1.jpg

264285_2.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures, Goodolick!

The picture at the top displays the 4 cameras with camera 1 at the at the top left. as you can see, it shows a gray blank with an oval shape in the middle. This has been happening for the past 3 weeks precisely from hours of 0700 to 1600. with the exception of the day that I explained previously on one of my earlier postings about the day 10/1/2015, at about 1130, when my husband and I had taken the ladder out to trouble shoot the camera, and the neighbors' son- in- law hurriedly dashed into his truck which he habitually packed in front of our home and drove away and since the behavior was quite bizaar we thought it was relating to the camera, and when we went back in to view the screen, the images were regained without us even haven to troubleshoot the camera as we had gone out to do. Unfortunately, he continues to park in that area and we have continued to have that interruption daily.

Picture two features the 4 cameras with camera 1 at top left, and what its images would look like, when it is not interrupted.

I'm just going to put this out there. If someone was pointing a laser at your cameras, which would look completely different from this, you'd at least be able to go back and watch him as he sets this thing up every day. Or is that the portion of the video you think someone is deleting?

The only reason I don't think it's the cable is because this is only happening between certain hours of the day. Those hours are what lead me to believe that the IR board just wasn't turning off. It could still be that but ever since I suggested it (days ago) the OP has never verified whether or not they checked for that.

Something else, when the cameras were installed, we noticed that the Lenses were located downwards and at the centers at the positions of 6pm. But Camera 1's lense has altered eversince it has been interrupted, we noticed that the Lens was moved up to the 12PM position. That is a change that required a physical adjustment and that was not made by either my husband or myself.

Hi, Don Stephens! The IR is not on it only comes on at night.

I want to know who your installer is. If he claims there's nothing wrong with the equipment, then what reason is he offering up for what's going on before he just jumps back in his truck and drives away? Why isn't he the one dealing with troubleshooting this for you?

You don't really have any choice here. You either catch these people in the act and file a complaint once you've done so, or submit to the possibility that people don't hate you as much as you think.

If you're willing to accept the fault is in the equipment or installation, then you're going to need to take the camera down and bench test it indoors until you can figure out what the heck is going on. You can't solve a problem without knowing what the problem is.

Your installer, or whoever provided you the equipment, should be doing all of this troubleshooting for you. They shouldn't have forced you to reach out to complete strangers in order to beg for a solution to a problem that you haven't even been able to positively identify yet.

You also need to spell out for us exactly what equipment you have so we can make more accurate suggestions. We still don't even know what type of system you have, let alone specs on your cameras.

There's some truth to that! But remember Don Stephens, some people are very dedicated to their work and will go to all lenght to represent their name and provide client satisfaction, regardless of how far long the job was done. While others are not so, after they finish a job and they are paid they become reluctant to followup.

There's some truth to that! But remember Don Stephens, some people are very dedicated to their work and will go to all lenght to represent their name and provide client satisfaction, regardless of how far long the job was done. While others are not so, after they finish a job and they are paid they become reluctant to followup.

And that's when you ask for your money back or file a charge back if they refuse.

So is it a hybrid DVR based on the fact that the two below are analog and the 2 above are 720p (IP cameras?)? How are those cameras on the upper of the screen connected to the DVR? Using a network cable, wireless or with a coax cable? If you don't know, could you please make a picture of the back of the DVR with all the connections or post the model number/brand of the dvr.

If those are wireless connected, maybe the wifi signal is jammed. However, this would not explain the deletion of files. Well wired or not, this does not infuence the deletion of files...

Edited by Guest

@ Unix1992, the 4 cameras are wired and connected to the DVR

Edited by Guest

What kind of cameras? What are the resolutions? Between what you just told us and the pictures that were posted, you just opened the door to a whole new level of mass confusion.