Loria

Please Help Somebody!!! Lasers disruppting my Cameras

You have, at most, an analog DVR capable of recording up to 960H. Where is that 720P icon coming from on cameras 1 & 2? What is the resolution of all four of your cameras? Do you have model numbers?

They're: SWANN cameras

SDVR-44200H

960H

DVD Quality

That's (sort of) the model number for you DVR. I need the one for the cameras. The image makes it seem like he connected 720p resolution cameras to your DVR which isn't possible.

Do you know which kind of cable is being used? I know you said coax, but which kind? Does it look like he stripped the cables and put the connectors on himself or does it look like they've been fused on from the factory? Are the connectors silver or are they yellow?

How long have you had the cameras?

The confusion begins with giving us the model number of the DVR. That model does not support 720P recording like the images show. The DVRs max resolution is 960H.

960x480

720P is 1280x720.

I thought of another one:

What is that camera mounted to? Is it metal? Is the camera making contact with anything metallic? Have you traced the cable to make sure it's not getting pinched anywhere?

Can you take a picture of the back of your dvr

Also you have something wrong with your recorder

1st is the time display ONLY on cam1 is it 2 seconds a head of rest of cameras.

2nd you have multi screen high lighted at bottom of screen but on screen it says single camera

If you are able to take a picture of the back of your DVR, feel free to email it to me, I will make sure it gets posted. Also, a picture of the mounting of the camera might prove useful.

Why is the camera on the top left labeled camera1 and the camera in the top right also labeled camera1?

So much is not stirring the kool-aid here.

Sorry Guys, I see where the confusion is coming from. The Information that I provided initially was not for the 4 cameras I sent the pictures of. Here are their information:

8 channel 720p

1MP (720p)

PoE (Power over Ethernet)

1TB (Massive HDD)

HDMI

The initial information I provided was for a redundant camera we bought to substitute for camera 1, since it is being interrupted.

Thank you guys for such great job spotting the difference!

Where are you getting this info from? Nothing in the you last post did anything but make things even harder to believe, and gave us no clue what DVR you are using.

Process should be simple, look for stickers on the DVR/NVR and give us the model number... If at all possible, take pictures of the DVR and the cameras. We have established a way to get them posted.

Redundant camera? What you posted before was a DVR model number, not a camera model number.

What she probably means, her main NVR is a Swann with 720p viewing capability as we can see in the pictures. So picture > 720p Swann

But now she has Swann 4x analog (so her replacement dvr) since the other 720p NVR is not working. So all her coax, analog cameras and such. So the description/text/model number she gave.

But I assume that the camera 1 on her NVR as seen in the picture is not the same as the camera on the DVR analog she has right now. Now I'm wondering how they did the cables, did they installed a network cable and a coax cable when installing the NVR/DVR?

Well... first of all the camera is upside down... might want to break out the ladder and fix that.

The 960H system, I see that in a box in another photo... is the new system a replacement for the 960H system?

At this point, I am pretty confident in saying this is likely a combination of user error and installer error. If your current installer is not able to work with you, I would hire one from a different company, ask them to correct the camera positioning and a good amount of training. Unless your neighbor flipped the camera upside down, I dont think the neighbor has anything to do with the loss of picture, and the files being deleted. I am pretty confident we can rule that out.

Well... first of all the camera is upside down... might want to break out the ladder and fix that.

The 960H system, I see that in a box in another photo... is the new system a replacement for the 960H system?

At this point, I am pretty confident in saying this is likely a combination of user error and installer error. If your current installer is not able to work with you, I would hire one from a different company, ask them to correct the camera positioning and a good amount of training. Unless your neighbor flipped the camera upside down, I dont think the neighbor has anything to do with the loss of picture, and the files being deleted. I am pretty confident we can rule that out.

Uhhh upside down isn't really that bad is it? On most systems you can flip/mirror the image?

Well, can't you look at the data from the pictures when it's taken?

So the one million dollar question at this moment is, is the analog dvr connected and is this dvr also affected by the deletion mystery?

well.. look at the build of the camera... the weather shield could/would collect water, that water would be more likely to seep in and cause damage to the electronics.

Even more interesting, looks like it is pretty neatly tucked in that eave. Could be getting a good amount of reflections off that siding which could be causing the bleed out. With the weather shield pointed correctly it could potentially stop all the bleed.

I would at least get up on the ladder and flip it right side up.

That being said, I am not sure if this was done by a malicious neighbor, but could have been done by a hap-hazard install. If the screw was never tightened down wind could have hit it just right then gravity took over.

First thing to do is get that camera positioned correctly.

Exactly, Goodolick! It was not initially installed with the shield down. It was installed with the shield up and the lens down. Now the shield is down, which it shouldn't be, and the lens was flipped up from the down position it initially was. This is another evidence to show that the devise was physically tampered with because it couldn't have gotten that way by itself.

Exactly, Goodolick! It was not initially installed with the shield down. It was installed with the shield up and the lens down. Now the shield is down, which it shouldn't be, and the lens was flipped up from the down position it initially was. This is another evidence to show that the devise was physically tampered with because it couldn't have gotten that way by itself.

Well, as stated in my previous post, it could very well have been flipped without human intervention. If you installer forgot to tighten the screw all it would take is a stiff breeze and a little gravity. Weather it be installer error, or neighbor error, this should be corrected.

First thing you need to do is get that camera right side up, see if that fixes the picture problem. It would not take a professional to do this, just a screwdriver, a ladder and maybe a allen wrench. Once the camera is flipped the right way, see if the problem still exists, if not call Swann.

Second, and I am not trying to beat you up, I think you need some training on how to operate the NVR for the other problem. Either request some training from your installer (I should mention that i dont think a pro would use a DIY kit like this), or from Swann, from my understanding their support is quite good. Swann has 24/7 lifetime support, and they would likely be more apt to produce some results with a phone call. They would also be able to help you diagnose if your DVR has problems.

I think if you do those two things, you will be free and clear.

I think we have found some solutions!

@Unix1992: So the one million dollar question at this moment is, is the analog dvr connected and is this dvr also affected by the deletion mystery?

Edited by Guest

@Unix1992: So the one million dollar question at this moment is, is the analog dvr connected and is this dvr also affected by the deletion mystery?

yes! the random 960H camera is connected to the the analog DVR , and it is is experiencing the same deleting action just as the other DVR.

Now you are just pulling our legs.....impossible...

i reckon the suns rays are hitting the sunshield causing the glare into the camera lens to make the chip shut down heres something to briefly try take the sunsheild off the camera during those ours and see if the camera comes back to life.

yes! the random 960H camera is connected to the the analog DVR , and it is is experiencing the same deleting action just as the other DVR.

Now you are just pulling our legs.....impossible...

This is why I suggest training on the NVR/DVR. The likelyhood of this happening on both units is impossible. The only thing left that it can be is user error.... being that I am having to post Loria's pictures for her, tells me she is not very tech savy.

I really think we can put this post to rest.

The answer is training on proper use of the NVR and righting that camera.

Edited by Guest

So analog and IP cameras are suffering? So, this means that Swann cameras and DVR aren't reliable at all. If I where you, I would call Swann for warranty or go to an other installer who investigates your current installation as an independent party.

Well if you have the DVR and the NVR boxes including the cameras at your home, why not install all of them. Well, it can be intimidating for everyone who walks near your house. But set the views of 5 cameras all at the front of your house from different angles, since your neighbour only has two hands, he cannot 'attack' all the 5 cameras at once. Furthermore, try to disguise one camera and set it at a different spot for a surprise effect.

7 pages and it was sorted on page 3

Yout recorded files are missing because you viewed before files were written.

Laser ........ Your camera is reflecting IR from sheld and everything white around it.

You have a swann 720p hd system and also your not on Internet so no one can connect

So analog and IP cameras are suffering? So, this means that Swann cameras and DVR aren't reliable at all. If I where you, I would call Swann for warranty or go to an other installer who investigates your current installation as an independent party.

Well if you have the DVR and the NVR boxes including the cameras at your home, why not install all of them. Well, it can be intimidating for everyone who walks near your house. But set the views of 5 cameras all at the front of your house from different angles, since your neighbour only has two hands, he cannot 'attack' all the 5 cameras at once. Furthermore, try to disguise one camera and set it at a different spot for a surprise effect.

Take a look at pictures .......... ITS IP ........ FORGET ANALOG