faxtastic

I need to install a camera a distance of 155m

I need to install a camera a distance of 155m, what is the best way of doing this?

There is a power source where the camera will be installed.

I need to install a camera a distance of 155m, what is the best way of doing this?

There is a power source where the camera will be installed.

I'm assuming that trenching 155m is out of the question.

Ethernet over power may work for you if the power source at the camera location is connected to the building you want to link to. I've heard of adaptors with 200m range.

The only other option is wireless. Expect to invest in some high gain directional antennas. Is line of sight uninterrupted and free of signal killing things like power lines?

If you go for analog system with a solid rg59 cable, 155 meter should not be a challenge.

stop with the analog already...its dead...if the user wanted analog they would not have a question about 155m...

There are many ways of doing this,

1)you can run fiber

2)if there is an area in between the run that you can add a switch then do that.

3)there are lan/poe extenders like this Veracity VOR-ORM OUTREACH Max LAN & POE Extender https://www.123securityproducts.com/vor-orm.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw56moBRD8_4-AgoOqhV4SJADWWVCcsvMXTjKh1jmuI70JUcjxVWPZy5v3xuHe8sgaxb_0jhoCH1jw_wcB

4) or poe over coax http://www.veracityglobal.com/products/ethernet-over-coax-devices/highwire-poe.aspx

I have commercial "analog" systems using Siamese RG59/18-2 with messenger running overhead from 400' to 600' with no issues at all. Some at 10 years old and not one failure. Some camera's have been replaced with better resolution at cash register and other security area's with no issue's at all in subject recognition. Tried a system with outdoor rated cat6 and the wind caused cable issue's within a year. Never again! Almost got sued over a wireless system as it was horribly unreliable and seem to drop out just when and where the playback was needed.

I have commercial "analog" systems using Siamese RG59/18-2 with messenger running overhead from 400' to 600' with no issues at all. Some at 10 years old and not one failure. Some camera's have been replaced with better resolution at cash register and other security area's with no issue's at all in subject recognition. Tried a system with outdoor rated cat6 and the wind caused cable issue's within a year. Never again! Almost got sued over a wireless system as it was horribly unreliable and seem to drop out just when and where the playback was needed.

You can run ip cameras over coax...regardless, if your cat6 is affected by wind then its either improperly installed or its bad cable...